sami

True Ouddict
Assalamu Alaykum and Hello Everyone!

For as long as I can remember, scent has held a fascination for me, as I grew up in a culture that prizes fragrances and confers a deep sacred significance to their use and possession.

Since childhood, I have been surrounded by scents in the form of mysterious Ouds, fine perfumes, swirling bakhoor smoke and mukhallats and dreamed of becoming a perfumer in order to share my experiences and culture with others.

Alkhadra Oud was a short-lived project that I started last year to realise this vision and through it, I released a limited, but well-received selection of incenses and Oud oils (Alhambra and Kumathra V.). The success of this small venture was due to the support from some great customers who gave me a chance and bravely decided to try what I had to offer. They were not left disappointed and I am dearly indebted to all of them for the welcoming kindness they showed me. They trusted me enough to give me a chance, even while there were several other more well-known vendors that had a longer standing and history in the Oud world.

After the initial success, Alkhadra Oud had to be placed on hold while I focused on graduating from my degree in Mechanical Engineering which I accomplished last December. While completing my degree, I was constantly thinking about how things would play out after I relocated to my home country of Saudi Arabia. Alkhadra Oud was a product of my experiences with artisanal online Oud, but after being reintroduced to the Gulf Market, I was pleasantly surprised to see a wide variety of products, ranging from run-of-the-mill cultivated oils, to high end artisanal oils.

More important than the wares on offer over here in the Middle East, was the passion of the people for Oud that made a huge impression on me. It is difficult to describe in mere words, the integral part that Oud plays in people’s lives over here. It is a functional product that belongs on the skin and not the shelf and people over here cherish Oud by using it to it’s fullest extent. Even those who were considered to be connoisseurs enjoyed Oud to a much greater degree than I experienced in the West. One vendor who kindly showed me his favorite oils, offered me some and to my shock and amazement, literally swiped 3 huge swipes of it, liberally dowsing my wrist and sleeve in Oud oil. It was this moment that I understood, even their most precious Ouds were to be used, not to sit on a shelf and collect dust, unless it be for the purpose of ageing.

It got me thinking. What is the secret behind the central role that Oud occupies in the cultures of the Middle East? To me, the value we place on this precious oil is in the everyday role it plays in our lives and the unique way it provides a constant connection to the spiritual in an otherwise mundane existence. This reintroduction has been a humbling experience for me and also stirred deep nostalgia and respect for an ancient tradition that I had forgotten about.

These recent experiences have inspired me to collaborate with a couple of friends who share the same desires that I have. There is a word in Arabic that has characterised the creation of Middle Eastern scents throughout history until recent times. Namely, Ihsan, or in English, excellence of the higher order. Our mission is to faithfully re-kindle the ancient and famous Arab tradition of Oud and perfumery that emphasises the use and enjoyment of scent. To realise this vision, I am proud to announce the launch of Al Oud Al Hashimi, through which we will offer a genuine representation of the exquisite Arabian tradition of Oud and Perfumery, while refusing to comprise one iota on quality. We hope you will join us on our exciting new journey.
Mashallah mabrook and all the best Akhi!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ammar Ali

Oud Beginner
May peace and blessings be upon you all,

Congratulations brother! May you (and us all) be given great success in this life and the next. Ameen.

I'm very excited to try these inshaAllah. If you'd allow a suggestion, I think the labels should be smaller. Merely looking at oud and it's various colors and thicknesses brings me great joy, and I wouldn't like for that to be obscured too much. Of course this is just my personal opinion, but who else agrees?

Alkhadra

"Master Kafeel" Resident Artisan
May peace and blessings be upon you all,

Congratulations brother! May you (and us all) be given great success in this life and the next. Ameen.

I'm very excited to try these inshaAllah. If you'd allow a suggestion, I think the labels should be smaller. Merely looking at oud and it's various colors and thicknesses brings me great joy, and I wouldn't like for that to be obscured too much. Of course this is just my personal opinion, but who else agrees?

Salam dear Ammar, Ameen nshaAllah may Allah's blessings extent to all of us.

The back design of the bottle has another label that only covers the top part of the bottle, it shows the name, year, and origin of the Oud. So no worries, You can still definitely see the oil and it's beautiful color!

Here's an example of a small vial that features the same Al Hashimi logo on one side, with the detail label on the other side.

WhatsApp Image 2018-05-07 at 2.48.26 PM.jpeg

Do let me know your opinion of this design, this was just the first go at it and I hope to perfect it later. :Roflmao:

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Salam dear Ammar, Ameen nshaAllah may Allah's blessings extent to all of us.

The back design of the bottle has another label that only covers the top part of the bottle, it shows the name, year, and origin of the Oud. So no worries, You can still definitely see the oil and it's beautiful color!

Here's an example of a small vial that features the same Al Hashimi logo on one side, with the detail label on the other side.

View attachment 3593

Do let me know your opinion of this design, this was just the first go at it and I hope to perfect it later. :Roflmao:

Terrible photo :Roflmao:

Alkhadra

Assalamu Alaykm and hello everyone!

I would like to make a couple of announcements. First and foremost, it is my proud honor to announce that Al Hashimi has finally launched online, and that our website is up and running! We’ve chosen to launch today as it’s the first day of this blessed month of Ramadan, a day that we can remember together.

You can visit our website at https://alhashimi.com, I’ve currently released three wonderful offerings:
You can also find our sample pack here: https://alhashimi.com/product/sample-pack/

Next, I’d like to announce my team. I had mentioned in one of my older posts that Al Hashimi is a collaboration between me and a couple of friends. Well, one of those friends is more than just a friend to me, he has been nothing short of a brother to me, and has stood with me through thick and thin. I’m sure most of you are familiar with him, in fact, he is Ahmad Abassi (@AbasFrag). As a result, @AbasFrag will renounce his role as moderator, as it would be a conflict of interest for him to work under Al Hashimi whilst also being a forum moderator.

Finally, I hope for everyone to try our line-up, and to relish with us in the wonder that is Oud.

Ramadan Mubarak to all our brothers and sisters on the forums, and to everyone worldwide!

sami

True Ouddict
Assalamu Alaykm and hello everyone!

I would like to make a couple of announcements. First and foremost, it is my proud honor to announce that Al Hashimi has finally launched online, and that our website is up and running! We’ve chosen to launch today as it’s the first day of this blessed month of Ramadan, a day that we can remember together.

You can visit our website at https://alhashimi.com, I’ve currently released three wonderful offerings:
You can also find our sample pack here: https://alhashimi.com/product/sample-pack/

Next, I’d like to announce my team. I had mentioned in one of my older posts that Al Hashimi is a collaboration between me and a couple of friends. Well, one of those friends is more than just a friend to me, he has been nothing short of a brother to me, and has stood with me through thick and thin. I’m sure most of you are familiar with him, in fact, he is Ahmad Abassi (@AbasFrag). As a result, @AbasFrag will renounce his role as moderator, as it would be a conflict of interest for him to work under Al Hashimi whilst also being a forum moderator.

Finally, I hope for everyone to try our line-up, and to relish with us in the wonder that is Oud.

Ramadan Mubarak to all our brothers and sisters on the forums, and to everyone worldwide!

Mashallah congratulations to both you and brother Ahmed. May allah bless you both in this endeavor. Ameen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AbasFrag

Oud Burner
Salaam/ Hello everyone,

I'm very happy to have launched today. I just wanted to say thank you all for all the support you've shown us, and I really hope our Ouds bring all of you the same joy that they have brought us!

/AbasFrag

Alkhadra

The bottles look great! I can't wait to try them out :D
All the best with your business and future endeavours, I'm sure that this will be a great success for you
Thanks dear Sproaty, really excited to hear your feedback on the oils my friend. Can't wait till you receive them :Inlove:

Alkhadra

Assalamu Alaykm and hello everyone,

As it's the blessed month of Ramadan, it's only right that we offer a Ramadan special to all our clients! :Inlove:

Well, here is some sinking Filipino Agarwood, for your enjoyment! Oh yeah, and it has a 15% discount on it to further make it a better.:Roflmao:

You can find it here: https://alhashimi.com/product/filipino-agarwood/

Look at these juicy pieces, fragrant at room temperature. An absolute whirlwind of notes, spicy, floral, jungly, deep and resinous.

Filipino 2.jpg

Note: Orders placed will ship Saturday (May 26th) by the latest.

Alkhadra

Assalamu Alaykm and Eid Mubarak to everyone!

Wishing you all a wonderful Eid that you may enjoy with your loved ones!
As it is Eid today, I wanted to release some Collectors Grade Filipino pieces that will hold a benchmark in any collection. We were planning to release these later in the future, but some members spoke to me regarding them and so I just decided to release them for Eid. :Inlove:

Here's a preview of some of the sickest pieces you'll ever lay your eyes on ;)

Collector's Grade Filipino: https://alhashimi.com/product/collectors-filipino/

Collectors Grade.jpg

You can get yours here: https://alhashimi.com/product/collectors-filipino/

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

hedycent

True Ouddict
d87824d1-1ba2-4660-8fc3-9cefea6a2e5c.jpg
Eid Shona Dhibh!
I just recently received some wood that has changed my understanding of what agarwood can be.
Yes you probably have guessed, it's Al Hashimi's Filipino wood.
I blind purchased a few chips and 2 solid chunks. Expecting the usually sinking grade , as well as it being such a rare genre of aquilaria, I was happy with the great deal I got.
I have just been floored.
The price is good for standard sinking wood...... but .... this is like wood sold in 1960's . It's sooooo dense, feels like I'm holding metal in my hand not wood. The sound is a real tell tale sign.
This has entirely changed the focus of my collection.
As for the scent spectrum I haven't put it into words other then woooow so far . Thanks guys I have jumped several levels up the oud tree

Last edited:

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
View attachment 4145 Eid Shona Dhibh!
I just recently received some wood that has changed my understanding of what agarwood can be.
Yes you probably have guessed, it's Al Hashimi's Filipino wood.
I blind purchased a few chips and 2 solid chunks. Expecting the usually sinking grade , as well as it being such a rare genre of aquilaria, I was happy with the great deal I got.
I have just been floored.
The price is good for standard sinking wood...... but .... this is like wood sold in 1960's . It's sooooo dense, feels like I'm holding metal in my hand not wood. The sound is a real tell tale sign.
This has entirely changed the focus of my collection.
As for the scent spectrum I haven't put it into words other then woooow so far . Thanks guys I have jumped several levels up the oud tree

It’s a real collectors piece. Al Hashimi aren’t messing about here with vacuous marketing. This is the real deal.