Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Questioner:
Does it contain Ky Nam?
ASO:
Yes ~4.46% of the total oil is pure Ky Nam extract.

Questioner:
Does it contain wild Chinese Sinensis
ASO:
Yes, some of the oldest wild Chinese Sinensis wood that money could buy has been added to this distillation.

Questioner:
Oudh heads love Vietnamese oudh, is the Vietnamese of the same calibre as that used in Al Ruba'ie?
ASO:
The very exact grade of Vietnamese used in Al Ruba'ie is also used in Al Ruba'ie II.

Questioner:
What are the other regions from which wood was sourced for this oil?
ASO:
Hindi wood, Malaysian, Merauke, Borneo.

Questioner:
Has the oil been aged?
ASO:
Yes it has.

Question to Ouddicts, Should we end the year with a bang or hold off until next year for the release?

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
When working with rare ingredients one of the challenges is to strike the right balance between the different applications of the material. The application for Ky Nam is associated primarily with delicate Kodo and kodo like ceremonies. Where the smallest amounts are heated and listened to very carefully. Yes you do hear of stories of Ky Nam's other usages, such as carvings, or a collectors piece, or bracelets, or medicine and there is no denying of either of these usages. However for olfactory experience heating is the most common application.

Al Shareef also introduced another dimension to the olfactory experience of Ky Nam by distilling an oil in the name of Lam'ah that contained a substantial quantity of pure Ky Nam oil. Introducing this alternate application also raised some questions to ourselves, is it the right balance? is this the best utilisation of this rare material. Through this questioning process we refined the method utilised in extracting the oil-resinoid from the Ky Nam wood. It is our philosophy that there should be no waste in our art and the extraction method that we devised for this purpose pretty much leaves behind only the wood fibres extracting every drop of fragrant compounds from the wood.

This philosophy and the associated methodology also applies to the other high grade woods used in Al Ruba'ie I & II along side the Ky Nam, that the fragrant compounds have to be juiced out from the wood, no oils left in the pours. This is the difference between simply distilling high grade wood, and distilling wood (high grade or otherwise) to achieve the master perfumers vision. It is the same ingredients going into the put, the difference is what comes out the other end. Al Ruba'ie II is oudh from the hands of the master perfumer Al Shareef.

Coming Soon watch this space.

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer

‘AL RUBA'IE - Oudh Perfection'
At first inhalation you are greeted with a wonderfully vintage, earthy floral aroma, almost as if mother nature speaks to you, then a bitter-sweet slightly dark and resinous cherry, the faintest touch of a boozy top note immediately captures your attention and clutches to your senses. The Ky Nam breezes in as a haute designer, a composer, not dominating but one with poise and the necessary demeanour for the orchestra to perform perfectly. When applying on the skin, multiple waves of Oudh variances sing in harmony: fragrant tobacco, cherry rum, ambergris rose, and the distinct powdery but sweetly resinous note of the Vietnamese, earthy woods and ripe fruits cloud around you.

Get it now <<CLICK HERE>>

Ashfaque

Jonoon al Oud

‘AL RUBA'IE - Oudh Perfection'
At first inhalation you are greeted with a wonderfully vintage, earthy floral aroma, almost as if mother nature speaks to you, then a bitter-sweet slightly dark and resinous cherry, the faintest touch of a boozy top note immediately captures your attention and clutches to your senses. The Ky Nam breezes in as a haute designer, a composer, not dominating but one with poise and the necessary demeanour for the orchestra to perform perfectly. When applying on the skin, multiple waves of Oudh variances sing in harmony: fragrant tobacco, cherry rum, ambergris rose, and the distinct powdery but sweetly resinous note of the Vietnamese, earthy woods and ripe fruits cloud around you.

Get it now <<CLICK HERE>>
I cannot wait for Eid al Fitr! :Roflmao: So it's time to save some money. I'll wear Al Rubai'ie now. :Thumbsup:

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Salaam wa Alaikum,

Forgive me for ordering just a sample. I cannot wait to receive this! Insha'Allah it opens for me to order a full bottle.

JazakAllah Khair

wa iyyakum azizi, your love and prayers are humbling, may Allah bless you and yours.

Hopefully you should receive your package by early next week, included some other lovelies for you to enjoy and remember us :)