F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
I have just had to delete a post on here and am tempted to delete several more on the Kinam Oud theme. This forum isn't a slag fest against the approach of any particular vendor - my personal dealings or issues with any vendor should not impact on the discourse here and we should be fair and just.

If there is a valid point to be made, then please do so using a reasoned and intelligent approach, otherwise desist from mocking vendor efforts even if you don't agree with them.

There may be some valid reason behind the posts, but then make them rationally and with knowledge if you want to make a point.

The ki nam spoon ?

It was a joke to make fun of contrast between halopathy and Chinese medecine because Ahmad is pharmacy student ...

But that's okay if it could be related from far or close to an issue for you I Personaly take it easy !

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
The ki nam spoon ?

It was a joke to make fun of contrat between halopathy and Chinese medecine because Ahmad is pharmacy student ...

But that's okay if it could be related from far or close to an issue for you I Personaly take it easy !

No problem, but if you read other posts online - not just on here - then it's easy to come to another conclusion.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
No problem, but if you read other posts online - not just on here - then it's easy to come to another conclusion.

Ow sorry I'm at work too I wasnt focused enough to connect the dots if dots could be connected.

Whatever most important for the forum I think is to make constructives debates on the other thread

He's getting so good so fast... I've tried a lot of his work and some of the newer blends are mind-blowing. Like Thebes 1, it's one of the prettiest things I've ever smelled and up there with the best of the best ever made. It smells very Guerlain for sure, but imagine a classic Guerlain with the best natural florals and musks. I imagine it's something like you'd get buying the best perfumes in the early 20th century... Again I agree with Kafkaesque, with the exception I don't get the dryness or Egyptian associations.

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/tag/thebes-attar-review/

I didn't try kemi , but I try many roja dove and I own H exclusive aoud also Amber aoud and they are super wonderful perfumes indeed and I really love his work , but like you I'm more addicted with Oud oils more than any things but in very hot summer like Kuwait I can't use Oud so I use my perfumes , about sultan pasha I hear nice review about him yes from members also from Kafka blog but I think even some of his attar he mentioned he use some synthetic ...

Last edited:

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
I didn't try kemi , but I try many roja dove and I own H exclusive aoud also Amber aoud and they are super wonderful perfumes indeed and I really love his work , but like you I'm more addicted with Oud oils more than any things but in very hot summer like Kuwait I can't use Oud so I use my perfumes , about sultan pasha I hear nice review about him yes from members also from Kafka blog but I think even some of his attar he mentioned he use some synthetic ...

Yes brother sometimes but says it openly

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
He's getting so good so fast... I've tried a lot of his work and some of the newer blends are mind-blowing. Like Thebes 1, it's one of the prettiest things I've ever smelled and up there with the best of the best ever made. It smells very Guerlain for sure, but imagine a classic Guerlain with the best natural florals and musks. I imagine it's something like you'd get buying the best perfumes in the early 20th century... Again I agree with Kafkaesque, with the exception I don't get the dryness or Egyptian associations.

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/tag/thebes-attar-review/

I did it @Dorje and neither dryness to me.
I don't know how both @Sultan Pasha and kafkaesque judge it egyptian it must be a reason, better ask the artist himself !

Dorje

about sultan pasha I hear nice review about him yes from members also from Kafka blog but I think even some of his attar he mentioned he use some synthetic ...

Yes, which is ok with me if it's done well. What I don't like is having not-found-in-nature molecules like iso-e super as a main note which is the case for many western "oud" fragrances. Sultan Pasha's fragrances use synthetics to accomplish what is difficult or impossible to do with naturals, like Thebes 1 does contain aldehydes... it was inspired by Guerlain Djedi and I'm not sure it would be possible to get as close without them, it would be very different. Also, many of his fragrances are 100% natural.

Also, his lower end fragrances contain more synthetics but are also priced much lower, I don't feel he's trying to hide anything.

Dorje

I did it @Dorje and neither dryness to me.
I don't know how both @Sultan Pasha and kafkaesque judge it egyptian it must be a reason, better ask the artist himself !

Yes, maybe the case is I've never been to Egypt so I have no scent associations in my brain. I can see how it might be perceived as dry, but I don't see it that way myself. Thebes 1 wasn't all that impressive the first couple times I tried it, but it had enough pull to get me to try it again, and after a few more tries it really grew on me. Both the florals and animalics in T1 are exceptional...

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Yes, maybe the case is I've never been to Egypt so I have no scent associations in my brain. I can see how it might be perceived as dry, but I don't see it that way myself. Thebes 1 wasn't all that impressive the first couple times I tried it, but it had enough pull to get me to try it again, and after a few more tries it really grew on me. Both the florals and animalics in T1 are exceptional...

I feel a certain darkness at the base during first hour and maybe this dark material can be considered as dry but that's all

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Yes, which is ok with me if it's done well. What I don't like is having not-found-in-nature molecules like iso-e super as a main note which is the case for many western "oud" fragrances. Sultan Pasha's fragrances use synthetics to accomplish what is difficult or impossible to do with naturals, like Thebes 1 does contain aldehydes... it was inspired by Guerlain Djedi and I'm not sure it would be possible to get as close without them, it would be very different. Also, many of his fragrances are 100% natural.

Also, his lower end fragrances contain more synthetics but are also priced much lower, I don't feel he's trying to hide anything.

You are right the few synth are ennhancers not smells reproduction on what I tested but I'm sure it feels like that ...

jalil

Oud bully
@F4R1d0uX you have try Thebes?

@Dorje Iam a big fan of SP, I have many of his attars. Its the only alternative I have found when I make little break from oud. Do you try the opium inspiration "reve narcotique"? For me T1 and RN are on the same level...first place to aurum d'ankor.

Last edited:

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan

@Dorje Iam a big fan of SP, I have many of his attars. Its the only alternative I have found when I make little break from oud. Do you try the opium inspiration "reve narcotique"? For me T1 and RN are on the same level...first place to aurum d'ankor.

Yes you sent me a sample @jalil

jalil

Oud bully
@F4R1d0uX certainly not...I have only one sample of Thebe and It is here :cool:

I sent you the sample of what I have in bottle.
3. Al lail
4. tabac grande
5. pure incense

Dorje

RN is great too, I agree, but I find it much more feminine so don't wear it outside the house, and I only have a sample... T1 seems more neutral/unisex to me, I got a 1 mL bottle SP was generous and gave me a little extra but eventually I want to get 3 mL.

I also have all grades of Ame Sombre, including the oud edition... and many more, they are all very good but Thebes 1 and Ame Sombre Oud are standouts to me. :) I do love Aurum but already have a couple of ghaliyahs and well, the price is high for my budget so I only have samples of Aurum.

F4R1d0uX, I guess you need to order a sample pack! ;) Or just buy it, I can't see anyone regretting buying Thebes 1.