Rai Munir

Musk Man
I am so happy to have received different Musk Macerations from Respected Rai Munir Uncle all the way from pakistan. I will be glad if he can throw some light on these macerations and techniques along with the scent profile. Again, I am so thankful to you. May the Almighty bless you with abundance.
009dc46dfa1450a0ed8b28d0d8f61802.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy to know you received the vials. Well, it is all your efforts that count. I am very thankful to your friend who carried the vials from Pakistan to America. Otherwise, I am totally unable to ship.
Well, the vials from left to right (in picture):
1. Kashmiri Musk, Mysore Santal, Green Papua Maceration: Approximately 16 months old
2. Kashmiri Musk, Mysore Santal, Tigerwood Maceration: 16 month old
3. Tibetan Siberian Kashmiri Musk, Mysore Santal Maceration: Approximately thirteen months old
4. Ceylon Oud, Mysore Santal, Siberian Musk Maceration: Approximately one year old
5. Siberian Musk, Mysore Santal Maceration: Approximately 16 months old

Well, I focused the amount of grains, and quality Santal that is just Mysore in my view. Heating is what I don't prefer at all. So, none of Musk Santal maceration is heated at all, but the heat, pressure and stirring of time were all that created these macerations. Musk Oud Santal macerations were heated for five times, but no direct heat at all.

Scent profile! Well, it is what depends upon the wearer, dear and respected Hosayn. What can I say?

Musk Ceylon Oud Santal maceration is a quite novel aroma. I hadn't experienced such profile before. Tigerwood Musk Santal is extremely silky, smooth and romantic.

I just want you to wear three Musk Santal maceration first. This is what Musk actually is. Invisible fire!

Again I am thankful to your friend who collected these vials and took them to you.

Stay very happy and blessed!

Last edited:

Edward Muller

True Ouddict
Ghaliyat Al Misk Elixir Attar
When Brother Ahmed first sent me a generous sample, I dismissed it within the first 5 minutes (don’t make the same mistake) as I was an oud fanatic and I have a distaste for anything that’s heavy on floral or that is not oud.
Long story short - one day I revisited ASO’s Yaqoot sample, which lead me to ASO’s Ghaliya (more in another post later on - I have got it all typed out but just needed to spend a little more time with the wonderful attar), and finally pegged my curiosity to retry Elixir’s version of it.
I m just so glad that it is still available !
Opens very floral - I would say more Jasmine/Tuberose than Rose. Yes it sounds like it leans towards the feminine side and it does - but more like a femme fatale, dark and brooding - and do allow it to sit and develop - because it transform into something incredibly masculine and animalic.
It evokes impression of 80s power house men fragrances but a more contemporary and refined version.
In comparison with ASO’s version, it has a little more going on - a little more auxiliary notes. Like a younger brother with more showmanship and flair. I can’t say which one is better as they feel similar yet distinctly different and I love them both equally.
I bought a bottle - and even though it has arrived already, I am still cherishing the initial sample I was provided.
It is incredibly complex - and very well melded together. With the exception of the initial floral blast and the animalic dry down, and a slight Vetiver like woody backbone, I am not having the easiest time breaking them down and identifying them . Maybe subconsciously I just don’t want to, and take a moment and enjoy the experience

Elixir Attar

True Ouddict
Ghaliyat Al Misk Elixir Attar
When Brother Ahmed first sent me a generous sample, I dismissed it within the first 5 minutes (don’t make the same mistake) as I was an oud fanatic and I have a distaste for anything that’s heavy on floral or that is not oud.
Long story short - one day I revisited ASO’s Yaqoot sample, which lead me to ASO’s Ghaliya (more in another post later on - I have got it all typed out but just needed to spend a little more time with the wonderful attar), and finally pegged my curiosity to retry Elixir’s version of it.
I m just so glad that it is still available !
Opens very floral - I would say more Jasmine/Tuberose than Rose. Yes it sounds like it leans towards the feminine side and it does - but more like a femme fatale, dark and brooding - and do allow it to sit and develop - because it transform into something incredibly masculine and animalic.
It evokes impression of 80s power house men fragrances but a more contemporary and refined version.
In comparison with ASO’s version, it has a little more going on - a little more auxiliary notes. Like a younger brother with more showmanship and flair. I can’t say which one is better as they feel similar yet distinctly different and I love them both equally.
I bought a bottle - and even though it has arrived already, I am still cherishing the initial sample I was provided.
It is incredibly complex - and very well melded together. With the exception of the initial floral blast and the animalic dry down, and a slight Vetiver like woody backbone, I am not having the easiest time breaking them down and identifying them . Maybe subconsciously I just don’t want to, and take a moment and enjoy the experience

Thank you so much :)
Some of the vetivery notes come from Caraway and bitter almonds:)
I am glad you are loving it:D

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Musk Santal Oud Maceration: The more I wear Musk, the more I crave for this Musk Oscent! When Kashmiri, Siberian and Tibetan Musk grains recreate a new identity, that is all I am addicted to. Musk is so strong that I don't care what Oud I did use in this maceration. That was Archipelago by EO, but Musk has totally muskified it.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Ambergris, Santal, Ceylon Oud, Rose Blend: Intrinsic pungency of Ceylon Oud has metamorphosed into rose-amber centered oudy wafts present in Santal laden breeze. This blend made me experience so many fragrant nuances since the day it was created. Now multiplicity has turned to unity that is the nucleus of any itr.

Last edited:

Shabby

Ambergris, Santal, Ceylon Oud, Rose Blend: Intrinsic pungency of Ceylon Oud has metamorphosed into rose-amber centered oudy wafts present in Santal laden breeze. this blend made me experience so many fragrant nuance since the day it was created. Now multiplicity has turned to unity that is the nucleus of any itr.

Uncle Rai, have you tried ambergris in Ceylon sandal? And especially the lighter profile ceylon sandals? The aroma is absolutely wonderful - they are perfect for each other. Now, sadly I have no experience with musk, but if you can combine Ceylon sandal with ambergris, Ceylon oud and musk, I think the aroma would be outstanding.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Uncle Rai, have you tried ambergris in Ceylon sandal? And especially the lighter profile ceylon sandals? The aroma is absolutely wonderful - they are perfect for each other. Now, sadly I have no experience with musk, but if you can combine Ceylon sandal with ambergris, Ceylon oud and musk, I think the aroma would be outstanding.
:handok::praying:
Exactly, dear Shabby. Ceylon and Ambergris complement each other. The reason I could find is slight salty crisp present in both. I have three macerations in two different Ceylon Santal oils. But I am not happy at all with copper distilled Ceylon Sandal from any vendor.

So far as Musk and Ceylon Santal maceration goes, I do not recommend it, especially Siberian and Kashmiri.

Mysore Santal and Musk
Ceylon Santal and Ambergris

Ultimate combinations!

Rai Munir

Musk Man
KyaraZen 2018 Al Ghaliyah. Rose dominant with musk playing hide and seek in the background.
Respected Bryan-I, pleased to see you after a long time.

Well, this particular Al Ghaliyah is inclined towards arabesque itr. Extremely rose centered. There is a specific citrus-s and sourly aroma that seems to be redundant. Musk is as usual nominal.

Have you tried EO's recently released Musk based itr and tinctures?

Bryan-I

True Ouddict
Respected Bryan-I, pleased to see you after a long time.

Well, this particular Al Ghaliyah is inclined towards arabesque itr. Extremely rose centered. There is a specific citrus-s and sourly aroma that seems to be redundant. Musk is as usual nominal.

Have you tried EO's recently released Musk based itr and tinctures?
No I have not. Seeing reviews I am hesitant as I am not sure they highlight musk in the way I seek. I currently am trying my own macerations. I have two that are about 10 months old in mysore sandalwood. In one maceration of .3g of Siberian in 2.7g mysore I have added 1g of RBO's wild Sri Lankan oud along with .1g x 3 of differnt Sri Lankan ouds from a private distiller. This was inspired by you and @Habz786 creations.

Shabby

:handok::praying:
Exactly, dear Shabby. Ceylon and Ambergris complement each other. The reason I could find is slight salty crisp present in both. I have three macerations in two different Ceylon Santal oils. But I am not happy at all with copper distilled Ceylon Sandal from any vendor.

So far as Musk and Ceylon Santal maceration goes, I do not recommend it, especially Siberian and Kashmiri.

Mysore Santal and Musk
Ceylon Santal and Ambergris

Ultimate combinations!
Indeed, the copper distillations seem to introduce a heavy caramel note which dulls the crispness.

Well, that is the difference between experience and pure imagination (not intuition) - I got carried away by the idea of Ceylon Ceylon Ceylon, but this is the perfumer’s weakness! Reality is always contrary to vain imagination and complementary to deep intuition. Thanks uncle Rai.

I’m sure your love for musk is one of the major reasons why members are trying it for themselves. It is the next step for me. I am not so interested in purchasing ouds as much as I am in musk, now that I have experienced the wonder of magical ambergris.

Edward Muller

True Ouddict
Sultan Pasha Sample Pack
I had received my order and today earlier at work I did several tests - on various parts of my arms and hands. Experienced and enjoyed the wonderful creations by SP. when I returned home, did a deep cleaning shower (some of the attars are really strong and it takes effort to wash them off, not that I am complaining since they are really wonderful). Repeated the same process again - TWICE! - with different ones.
Every single attar in the sample pack is really well made - and this is where I need to start making decisions. Which ones I think, to my taste, the best of the lot (otherwise I am going to blow my entire salary of the month for all 30 of them lol)
Yes it is like speed dating, and some of the attars take a sharp turn and morph into something totally different but I figured a 4-5 hours of each should get me a rough idea for each of the attars. Don’t judge me, it’s one of my little joys in life when i order a sample pack :p

From initial impression -
Âme Sombre
Al Hareem
Dewaniya
Ambrecuir
Violette Noyée
Truffe Blanche
Réve Narcotique
Nankun Kodō
Irisoir
Encens Chypre
Thebes
Aurum D’Angkhor
Tabac Grande
Ensar Rose
Oud Douce Amere
Fougere Noire

These are the ones that grabbed me the most, whether it be uniqueness, evolving emotions/ nostalgia or just a damn good smelling attar.

I am not saying the ones not listed are not good, but they don’t provoke the same response - and I do probably need to spend more time with them and not rely on first impressions (as I had previously experienced - Ghalyias from Elixir Attar and ASO which I didn’t think of much at first but became a craving and something that brings tremendous joy)

Today has been a great and fragrant day -getting to experience all these wonderful creations... it’s like Christmas came early! and as I am writing this - I wonder... why didn’t I get the sample pack sooner ?

Last edited:

Ashfaque

Jonoon al Oud
Sultan Pasha Sample Pack
I had received my order and today earlier at work I did several tests - on various parts of my arms and hands. Experienced and enjoyed the wonderful creations by SP. when I returned home, did a deep cleaning shower (some of the attars are really strong and it takes effort to wash them off, not that I am complaining since they are really wonderful). Repeated the same process again - TWICE! - with different ones.
Every single attar in the sample pack is really well made - and this is where I need to start making decisions. Which ones I think, to my taste, the best of the lot (otherwise I am going to blow my entire salary of the month for all 30 of them lol)
Yes it is like speed dating, and some of the attars take a sharp turn and morph into something totally different but I figured a 4-5 hours of each should get me a rough idea for each of the attars. Don’t judge me, it’s one of my little joys in life when i order a sample pack :p

From initial impression -
Âme Sombre
Al Hareem
Dewaniya
Ambrecuir
Violette Noyée
Truffe Blanche
Réve Narcotique
Nankun Kodō
Irisoir
Encens Chypre
Thebes
Aurum D’Angkhor
Tabac Grande
Ensar Rose
Oud Douce Amere
Fougere Noire

These are the ones that grabbed me the most, whether it be uniqueness, evolving emotions/ nostalgia or just a damn good smelling attar.

I am not saying the ones not listed are not good, but they don’t provoke the same response - and I do probably need to spend more time with them and not rely on first impressions (as I had previously experienced - Ghalyias from Elixir Attar and ASO which I didn’t think of much at first but became a craving and something that brings tremendous joy)

Today has been a great and fragrant day -getting to experience all these wonderful creations... it’s like Christmas came early! and as I am writing this - I wonder... why didn’t I get the sample pack sooner ?
You just made a big mistake. You won't rest until you buy at least a few in larger quantities. :D
I'm wearing Oud Henna (Agarwood Assam).

I started by scenting my room with KZ Brunei Heartwood and HO Sinking Filipino...

Then.....my Al Ghaliyah on the right (AG1 of 4)
Musk-Ambergris Mysore Maceration on the left.

Pure Heaven:Inlove::praying: