Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer

BLACK SEED OIL
Cold pressed to ensure none of the temperature-sensitive essential elements are destroyed and that the most amount of goodness is extracted from the seed into the oil. With our 100% pure premium quality cold pressed Black Seed oil you have full peace of mind that our oils have been pressed in-house, on-site at Al Shareef with complete devotion, love and dedication.
20200405_012557.jpg

No short cuts, no additives, no stretching and no contracting to third party presses

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Can you share a little bit about the tradition of this oil and what is used for?

The uses of this oil are many through out history in the Islamic tradition, Black Seed is glorified as ‘al Habbat al Barakah’ – the blessed seed – with the term “Al Barakah” signifying its “blessed” status. Its widespread usage is primarily due to the authentic Prophetic statement recorded by the renowned scholar al-Bukhari that “the Black Seed is a cure for all illnesses except death”.

The intent in the wordings of the Prophet peace be upon him can be interpreted in two ways based on the Arabic language and Context. The first is the literal meaning that it is in fact a cure to all illnesses in the context of Prophetic practice which was focused on a preventative approach. So if taken daily then it will assist in warding off all sorts of nasty illnesses because it has been established as an immune booster. The second take on it is that 'all disease' is a form expression in the Arabic language that means a lot but not all.

The interest thing is modern science and medicine is finding multitudes of benefits for this little seed. The number of research for different uses is numerous.

For over three thousand years, people have used it to cure numerous ailments and to maintain and improve general health. The earliest usage of Black Seed is traced back to the Assyrians in ancient Egypt where black seed oil was applied externally to nourish the skin and used as a digestive aid. Treasured as an essential of daily Egyptian life they acknowledged the benefits of Nigella Sativa and described it as a panacea (cure for problems and diseases) – Tutankhamun even had a bottle of the oil in his tomb! The Romans also knew this seed and called it ’Greek Coriander’ and used it as a dietary supplement.

People have used the tiny ‘black seeds’ of Nigella Sativa for thousands of years in cooking, baking and even beverages. In biblical times, Black Seed was used to spice breads and cakes, and throughout the Middle East, Asia and Europe baked goods were spiced with Black Seeds in combination with cumin or coriander and used to flavour curries and pickles.

High quality black seed oil can also be ingested in liquid form, applied topically to benefit the skin and is often used in massage oils, shampoos, homemade skin-care products and fragrances.

Here is one link to recent research regarding its many benefits and uses
A review on therapeutic potential of Nigella sativa: A miracle herb

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3642442/

Royalbengalouds

Resident Artisan
SubanaAllah, MashaAllah Bhaia . I my self drink a spoon a day chasing with coffee or honey. I know multiple folks who have blood pressure issues and they take black seed oil to help out. In majority Desi house we use black seed allot. Being from Bangladesh I grew up on Dal Bat “Lentils and Rice” , when we finish the Dal we take a separate small fry pan , put some oil in the pan toss in some garlic and onions and toss panch phoron ( some folks use 5 panch pharon spice , some folks just use black seed in Dal - Panch in Bengali is five and phoron is spices and these five spices are: nigella seeds (other wise known as black onion seeds, Kalonji or kalo jeera), fennel seeds (mouri or saunf), fenugreek seeds (methi), black (brown or yellow) mustard seeds (rai) and cumin seeds (jeera ), wait till the onions and garlic turn brown “not burnt God forbid” and toss the oil in the Finish lentils with the browned onions and garlic ,it releases such an aromatic aroma it will leave a linger scent for hours in the house and the taste , omg , delicious ,and I live off Dal literally and by implementing black seed in our diet is always beneficial. John Hopkins did extensive research on black seed and found out there is thymoquinon ( forgive me if I spelled it wrong) in black seed that fight off cancer cells ,and also certain U.S pharmaceuticals companies made patents on thymoquinon but best thing just use the oils and seed also. Lots of Pakistani folks through it in the nan bread and paratha bread and it’s leaves and amazing lingering scent. But the only thing if you drink the oils it’s bitter than oud and you will need a chaser like honey , water or coffee , please forgive me for ranting away. MashaAllah Bhaia , ☕️☕️☕️☕️

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
thank you brother, Jazak Allah Khair, it is amazing how many wonderful uses there are for the blackseed. Thank you for sharing your story.

Usually the bitter taste is associated with bad quality or other oils in which blackseed is sometimes infused. The seed has a vibrant peppery taste, with a nice buzz that hits the back of the throat if taken neat, but it is pleasant and something that any average person can take without much issue. This is one of the reasons i got onto this mission, because many people would read about the benefits of blackseed then try what is on the market, and most of them are shocking. Then as a result they would be put off. For me it is important that people get to taste the highest quality, see it's benefits then decide, right now people are deciding on the low quality oils out there.

SubanaAllah, MashaAllah Bhaia . I my self drink a spoon a day chasing with coffee or honey. I know multiple folks who have blood pressure issues and they take black seed oil to help out. In majority Desi house we use black seed allot. Being from Bangladesh I grew up on Dal Bat “Lentils and Rice” , when we finish the Dal we take a separate small fry pan , put some oil in the pan toss in some garlic and onions and toss panch phoron ( some folks use 5 panch pharon spice , some folks just use black seed in Dal - Panch in Bengali is five and phoron is spices and these five spices are: nigella seeds (other wise known as black onion seeds, Kalonji or kalo jeera), fennel seeds (mouri or saunf), fenugreek seeds (methi), black (brown or yellow) mustard seeds (rai) and cumin seeds (jeera ), wait till the onions and garlic turn brown “not burnt God forbid” and toss the oil in the Finish lentils with the browned onions and garlic ,it releases such an aromatic aroma it will leave a linger scent for hours in the house and the taste , omg , delicious ,and I live off Dal literally and by implementing black seed in our diet is always beneficial. John Hopkins did extensive research on black seed and found out there is thymoquinon ( forgive me if I spelled it wrong) in black seed that fight off cancer cells ,and also certain U.S pharmaceuticals companies made patents on thymoquinon but best thing just use the oils and seed also. Lots of Pakistani folks through it in the nan bread and paratha bread and it’s leaves and amazing lingering scent. But the only thing if you drink the oils it’s bitter than oud and you will need a chaser like honey , water or coffee , please forgive me for ranting away. MashaAllah Bhaia , ☕️☕️☕️☕️

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
I didn't know anything about black seed before I read this thread.
finding information about black seed wasn't hard but there were just too many "too good to be true" words to believe like any other health supplements.

I take extra care when choosing a health supplement and try to do some research to find out its efficacy, side effects, dosage, and so on.
and I did the same even though I believe ASO to produce only great products.

Known 'possible' benefits of the Black seed oil is as followed
(according to RxList, MedicalNewsToday)
  • Asthma
  • Anti-cancer
  • Liver and kidney function
  • Diabetes
  • Infertility
  • Anti-oxidant
  • Anti-inflammatory
But I would not blindly buy these ideas. I need to know the chemical compounds of this oil to believe.
since ASO does not provide GC-MS of this product, I'll just use some research articles as a reference
(Reference 1, Reference 2)

GC-MS analysis identified a total of 32 compounds among which 9-eicosyne (63.04%), linoleic acid (13.48%), palmitic acid (9.68%) were the major constituents. Saturated aliphatic fatty acid accounted 63.04% of the seed oil extract. Fatty acid and monoterpene hydrocarbon constituted 23.26% and 4.91% respectively. Also the seed oil included compounds of alkanes and sesquiterpene hydrocarbons that constituted 2.84%, and 0.30% respectively. The seed oil was estimated for its chemical compounds and antioxidant activity using in vitro assays such as DPPH, ABTS, nitric oxide, hydrogen peroxide and total antioxidant scavenging capacity. Higher antioxidant scavenging activity of TAC and ABTS was found in seed oil. The seed oil contains higher percentage of fatty acids and exhibit antioxidant activity which are useful for preparation of pharmaceutical products.

Let's see what these chemicals do to our bodies.
9-eicosyne - 63.04%
This chemical compound is anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory.
Linoleic acid - 13.48%
This is one of the essential fatty acids you could easily find in other plant seeds such as sunflower seed, corn seed, soybean seed, sesame seed, hempseed.

"Pre-clinical evidence suggests that excess dietary LA increases the brain’s vulnerability to inflammation and likely acts via its oxidized metabolites. In humans, excess maternal LA intake has been linked to atypical neurodevelopment, but underlying mechanisms are unknown. It is concluded that excess dietary LA may adversely affect the brain. The potential neuroprotective role of reducing dietary LA merits clinical evaluation in future studies."
Linoleic acid–good or bad for the brain?
Palmitic acid - 9.68%
is a common saturated fatty acid found in animals, plants, and micro organisms. it is a major component of the oil from the fruit of oil palm.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), palmitic acid raises these LDL levels more than other saturated fats, like stearic acid. They say there is convincing evidence that high consumption of palmitic acid can increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.

One study has also linked high consumption of palmitic acid to a greater risk of obesity and insulin resistance, which is a precursor to type 2 diabetes.
Other 13.2%
I'm not sure these chemical compounds would do much.
Problem is, the researchers used hexane extracted seed oils for this GC-MS report, and ASO extracted this oil with a cold-pressed method.
so, there might be significant differences in chemical compounds in both oils. maybe @Al Shareef Oudh could shed some light on this matter.

after researching the above things, I ordered my black seed oils from ASO but I only expected an anti-inflammatory effect because that was the most prominent chemical compounds in black seed oil.
and the most common way to measure inflammation is to conduct a blood test for C-reactive protein (hs-CRP), which is a marker of inflammation.

but, I did not take a blood test. (too much of hassle) so this 'review' is just based on my 'subjective feeling'.

Since I received the oils(Oct 19, 2020), I took 2.5ml(precisely measured) of it in the morning, and evening after a meal with warm water as ASO suggested.
It's been about two and a half weeks I feel my overall energy and cognitive ability increased.

I originally bought this oil for my mother but I'd like to add this to my health routine because I feel so much better after taking this daily.

I'll post again what I feel after 30 days or so.

Note: This might be not an appropriate thing to post on Ouddict because it's related to health. if this post turned into medical advice or something, I'll just delete this.

Mustafa

True Ouddict
To Dear Taesik and all my Ouddicts, may peace be unto you.

Firstly, great work respected Taesik. Your thirst for knowledge and attention to detail is really inspirational. Just to add to your research, Black seed oil has a divine connection for us Muslims. A muslim is someone who submits his or her will to the Almighty, the Creator of heavens and the earth unconditionally. In islam we have a branch of science called Prophetic medicine. The Prophet (pbuh) made specific statements on 65 medicinal plants, herbs and shrubs, out of which statement on Nigella sativa (black cumin, black seed) is the most important. About black seed Abu Hurayrah (ra) narrates that the Prophet (pbuh) said:"Hold on (use this seed regularly)! Because it is a remedy (cure) for every disease except death"

Here is a published research paper which deals with Black seed and Black seed oil both from a divine and scientific perspective. Please spend few minutes to read this:

https://medcraveonline.com/IJMBOA/p...-high-blood-pressure-ndash-a-mini-review.html

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Dear Ouddicts

Some exciting news!

Due to the nature of black seed oil and the focus it requires, we have branched out a separate business for looking after the Black Seed Oil side of things. The brand that will now look after black seed and it's related products is called SEHHA, in Arabic SEHHA means good health, and well being. As the name says it the focus of SEHHA will be on health and it's related oils and natural ingredients.

For all my ouddict brothers and sister; to invite you all over to the new platform of ours for Black Seed oil, we are offering you 15% on your purchase from sehha.com.au using the code ASOBSO15 valid for 1 week. Click the image below to go directly to the website! Please spread the word and the love!
upload_2020-11-24_15-57-31.png

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Dear Ouddicts

Some exciting news!

Due to the nature of black seed oil and the focus it requires, we have branched out a separate business for looking after the Black Seed Oil side of things. The brand that will now look after black seed and it's related products is called SEHHA, in Arabic SEHHA means good health, and well being. As the name says it the focus of SEHHA will be on health and it's related oils and natural ingredients.

For all my ouddict brothers and sister; to invite you all over to the new platform of ours for Black Seed oil, we are offering you 15% on your purchase from sehha.com.au using the code ASOBSO15 valid for 1 week. Click the image below to go directly to the website! Please spread the word and the love!
View attachment 15260

This black seed oil is the best I’ve ever bought. Highly recommended and a great job by Al Shareef Oudh.

Hope to see more products like this from them in the future and great new site guys.

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
I think in the coming years with the predicted increase in viruses, having strong immune systems is going to be a key and building and strengthening the immune system with the natural sources is the way forward.

It is just unbelievable the number of people that repeat what @Ouddict has said. You just have to try our black seed oil to see the difference.

@Taesik Yun we press our black seed oil in small batches to ensure that the customers receive the freshest oil possible so that they can get the maximum benefit. There are a number of generic testing regimes out there that mean very little to the end user due to it being either focused for scientists or for regulatory bodies to tick boxes for shopping shelves.

We are working on a set of data that will actually benefit the end user and give them insight of the good elements and nutrients they are getting.

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
one more thing to add. this oil tastes great! no bitter, astringent taste that people often say. it's pleasantly peppery on the back of my throat.
I can down this oil neatly without having to dilute or mix with other things.

I've never taken it before. What are the main effects? Do you notice anything physically or mentally after ingesting? Would love to read some info about the health benefits - sounds great!

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
I've never taken it before. What are the main effects? Do you notice anything physically or mentally after ingesting? Would love to read some info about the health benefits - sounds great!
The health benefits are mentioned in my prior post. What I got from this oil is an overall increase in energy and a clearer mind. I'm still taking 2.5ml of this every breakfast and dinner but haven't noticed further benefits.

Taooudist

Oud Beginner
The health benefits are mentioned in my prior post. What I got from this oil is an overall increase in energy and a clearer mind. I'm still taking 2.5ml of this every breakfast and dinner but haven't noticed further benefits.

For a medicine to Have best effect, we need to know for what purpose we are talking it.

As for Black seed oil, it IS definetely Best oil for a daily consumption (read) for a preventive purpose.
Best quality(as olive and other oils) you Will notice, when oil IS not bitte to much, but balanced between thickness, taste and texture.

Since Nigela has a lot of benefits because of friendly acids for liver, it works in long term as a prevention for clearing blood qi,bad oils digestion,etc.
That is why it has an effect in longterm with bloodpreasure, skin,soft tissue, holesterol problem, etc

For a bronhitis,astma, cold for example take it with cordyceps cs4 capsule and you Will See...
For virological, bacterial infections take it with D3, ZN and C
It works as a chain so to say..

As they say, it cures everything, except death