jalil

Oud bully
I hunderstand now and your description of the oil is perfect.

I cant remind what oil it was but I know I dont like it.

jalil

Oud bully
me I have no preference...but oud :cool:

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
But really, I'm not sure yet but I may have caught the most barnylicious hindi with the tramway one ...

Going to tell you a story, I needed to step it a little and I left the diptick in the bathroom, when I finished my shower, I smelt a disturbing odor like : did my wife hide me a diapper before going, so I looked for it in whole bathroom until I understood the smell came from the stick.

But when I apply it on me after few minuts, this oil opens my apetite at a point that I could eat a cow !

But need to be worn alone at home sure ...

@F4R1d0uX

Fabulous

Kabir Attars

OudSufi
@jalil,
Simply I think what you mean by bloody might not be what I'm referring to. No it is not that sharp but it's a step above rusty note on my olfactory senses of this spectrum of notes as I mentioned before; something like metallic, airy metallic, plastic metallic, rusty, and bloody. Actually it's blended well here not that bizarre or sharp to the other notes, starting at the topnote behind the mild barn mellowing down to a rusty note in front of animalic skin note in the heartnote and faded in the drydown where the strong wild animalic skin take the lead. Personally, it's the combo bloody/rusty + wild animalic skin not the single note per se that I'm sensitive of and has synergistic effect on my nose and brain enough to remind me of a slaughterhouse, a childhood trauma. So dont spend too much time digging your nose into your wrist as we can settle with rusty LOL!

What oil do you think it has a strong bloody note?
I get it a copper metallic like a penny scent.

DezireFrags

Banned
We can’t save Oud as Money is power. I’m even more susceptible to adulterations so long as it’s cheap and still retains a personality. Thai trat being one of them

EJayB

True Ouddict
Member owned plantation. Anyone interested?
Lots of trees being planted on farms and some even allow investors to purchase sections of the trees in groups of 25-50 trees
Lots of shady businesses so due your research before investing
I own some trees in Johar Malaysia that are a bit over 5 years old and I’m traveling to Thailand this summer to look at another agarwood tree investment opportunity
I recently saw some amazing looking trees in Indonesia that were growing in a non commercial setting planted 30 years ago being sold still standing in a large group by the farmer
I think the future of oud is looking pretty good 😍

Musk Rahil

True Ouddict
Lots of trees being planted on farms and some even allow investors to purchase sections of the trees in groups of 25-50 trees
I own some trees in Johar Malaysia that are a bit over 5 years old and I’m traveling to Thailand this summer to look at another agarwood tree investment opportunity
I recently saw some amazing looking trees in Indonesia that were growing in a non commercial setting planted 30 years ago being sold still standing in a large group by the farmer
And i thought because of commercials and everyone everywhere entering oud business without knowledge & descriptions OLD trees are gone long back,
In middle east so many people coming with samples of oils and woods but no details only hindi oud assam oud bla bla,

Good to hear about non commercial setting 👌

Last edited:

zahir

Ouducation Student
As long as plantation is not sold as wild... I don't want any more dishonesty in this business!
I speculate that plantation kinam is already being sold as wild somewhere. Same for Chinese & Vietnamese agarwood [where they have established plantations and good markets].

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support

www.agarwoodecocapital.com

I assure you this is not shady as Al Hashimi are partners in this! If anyone is interested, you can contact me on PM.

Last edited:

EJayB

True Ouddict
I in no way made reference to Al Hashimi and didn’t have any knowledge Al Hashimi was offering government land leases and AGARWOOD management services with insurance like what I referred to.
Congratulations as this is the future of cultivation services

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
I in no way made reference to Al Hashimi and didn’t have any knowledge Al Hashimi was offering government land leases and AGARWOOD management services with insurance like what I referred to.
Congratulations as this is the future of cultivation services

Of course I know Ed!!! I just took the opportunity to plug that there... it's not promoting retail artisanal oils which would be against forum rules, but it is a project close to my heart that I am closely involved in so I thought I would mention it. We have a local partner there - you can see him on the landing page of the site - and we are in feasibility studies for similar across SE Asia. I think sometimes the tone is lost on text, so no worries at all, I was being a bit cheeky to use your post to mention what I am involved in.