Simla House

True Ouddict
But overall, I think it may have that amber accord in it, but are you denying it has premium, high quality, multiple aloeswoods? As that is what Tennendo have said themselves?
At £90 for 400 sticks, you can't expect premium / high quality aloeswood to be plentiful in an incense.
Perhaps there's a dusting of those ingredients. For the record, I'm not denying these sticks are completely devoid of aloeswood, but these are blends, which include spices, etc etc etc.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
At £90 for 400 sticks, you can't expect premium / high quality aloeswood to be plentiful in an incense.
Perhaps there's a dusting of those ingredients. For the record, I'm not denying these sticks are completely devoid of aloeswood, but these are blends, which include spices, etc etc etc.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
Tensei’s characteristic feature is its refreshing fragrance and Agarwood-based aroma which shows off its sourness. You can see some changes in the fragrance when you burn the incense stick and also when the aroma stabilizes. When fragrance stabilizes, it becomes mellow, its sourness disappears and a gentle sweetness can be felt.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
LOL. I can crash this forum easily with how much I write 😆
bro...you know that you don't have to press 'post' after every thought that you have? Going forwards can you please just edit your previous posts so we don't get 5+ consecutive posts from you within 2 minutes.
It's one of the beauty with forums, it's not instant messaging and you can take your time with your replies

mesOUD

Resident Artisan
bro...you know that you don't have to press 'post' after every thought that you have? Going forwards can you please just edit your previous posts so we don't get 5+ consecutive posts from you within 2 minutes.
It's one of the beauty with forums, it's not instant messaging and you can take your time with your replies
Renton my guy,normally i got emails from the threads i am following,but after renton i noticed i am receiving many emails in per minute,so i stopped watching threads.Threads became Threat 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

-Renton-

True Ouddict
I know, sorry Steven!!!

-Renton-

True Ouddict
Finally got my Minorien Fu-in Kyara mini sticks (2.5") from LotusZenIncense. I done some stick Kodo with them (listening to them) and the notes are incredible, this definitely is a very, very high quality aloeswood stick with a bit of wild Kyara (from the notes I hear from Kyara and some of my experience with wild Shin). The stick starts off with potent and intense floral powdery notes, woody oudy, and a refreshing cooling note/sensation, also very sweet, caramel-like notes. As the stick burns it picks up spicy notes, and becomes quite spicy and oudy, with some mintiness near the end.

Lovely stick.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
Another box of incense came that I have been patiently waiting for, Kaden Kobunboku!!! My second box ever. I grasped some of it the first time having them, they have 170 in the box for only £26.95, so this box should be like the second Tokusen box I have, as in, I will grasp this incense more and more as I use it.

The notes start off with a nice sweet/spicy-ness, as the stick burns for 5-10 mins it becomes more stable, and you can smell that amazing sweet, sourness of the Vietnamese Tsukigase Aloeswood used, there is definitely plentiful amounts in these sticks. There is a nice presence of sandalwood there too, quite a spicy sandalwood because of the spices but when the sandalwood really shows itself it is rather sweet, creamy, buttery richness, a fine grade sandalwood. The aloeswood is quite chocolatey, and sour, earthy is definitely a note here 100%. It feels so rich and divine, these do rival Tokusen, of course Tokusen is still good and comparing them would be unfair as the aloeswood used is different, Tokusen uses Indonesian aloeswood instead of the Tsukigase Vietnamese Aloeswood in Kaden. Kaden is so complex due to it having over 20 ingredients. It can definitely be quite medicinal as well.

Overall, lovely stick, cant wait to see what it reveals this time, having them.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
odl stock.jpg

Got these lovely, OLD STOCK Shoyeido, Tenpyo, Peaceful Sky, Horin range. And honestly they are MUCH better than the current Peaceful Sky that they make now, and I have new sock Peaceful Sky.

The notes I got from this stick I burned and listened to and wafted it in my face. Definitely malaccensis wood has been used in these sticks. Started off with a very strong resin that developed into a creaminess and sweet purple and red berry hue, then a VERY wood oud-y note as if I was burning agarwood (the new recipe is nothing like this, way less wood used or something IDK but these are much better by far), the resin felt like I was burning malaccensis wood or wearing HM Malay (that's actually what this reminded me of, HM Malay by SULAYM), then the sweetness turned into a resinous sweet oudy chocolate note. They also lasted much longer. By the end I got a kind of woody oceanic note then it was over.

These old stock Peaceful Sky have TONS of (I am sure of it) malaccensis wood, whereas todays recipe is nothing like this, I am so shocked🤯lol, these sticks will be used very mindfully.

@sabahan gave me these for free, as he is a very kind and generous gentleman, thank you brother!!!

So yes, the recipe for Peaceful Sky is weak and different compared to this. I think they may still have this wood in there today, but much less and maybe something else to try and bolster it because todays stock of peaceful sky sometimes gives off a smokey firewood smell randomly at times, other people have noted this as well on reddit, awhile ago.

EDIT: I walked back into my room and this ONE stick makes my room smell like ive just burned some VERY super quality agarwood lol. Very oudy and strong afternote, smells exactly like malaccensis agarwood and reminds me of it and HM Malay so it has to be that species they used in old stock, they probably still use this now but they have striped A TON of it away, the old stock definitely has WAY more of this in it.

Very psychoactive too.

EDIT2: In a way I am kind of disappointed with Shoyeido because the difference between the new ones and old are like night and day, and they have basically made less quality sticks now to gain more profit. Such a shame, thought Japanese had honour in what they do and Shoyeido are (IMO) no longer an incense house but rather just another company trying to get profits. Like, I dont even think Shoyeido do Kyara sticks anymore but Seijudo can? Shoyeido should still be able to... IMO, such a shame man.

Last edited:

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Another box of incense came that I have been patiently waiting for, Kaden Kobunboku!!! My second box ever. I grasped some of it the first time having them, they have 170 in the box for only £26.95, so this box should be like the second Tokusen box I have, as in, I will grasp this incense more and more as I use it.

The notes start off with a nice sweet/spicy-ness, as the stick burns for 5-10 mins it becomes more stable, and you can smell that amazing sweet, sourness of the Vietnamese Tsukigase Aloeswood used, there is definitely plentiful amounts in these sticks. There is a nice presence of sandalwood there too, quite a spicy sandalwood because of the spices but when the sandalwood really shows itself it is rather sweet, creamy, buttery richness, a fine grade sandalwood. The aloeswood is quite chocolatey, and sour, earthy is definitely a note here 100%. It feels so rich and divine, these do rival Tokusen, of course Tokusen is still good and comparing them would be unfair as the aloeswood used is different, Tokusen uses Indonesian aloeswood instead of the Tsukigase Vietnamese Aloeswood in Kaden. Kaden is so complex due to it having over 20 ingredients. It can definitely be quite medicinal as well.

Overall, lovely stick, cant wait to see what it reveals this time, having them.

Thanks, got inspired by this post and I burned 2 of these last night (at the same time) - decent stuff!

-Renton-

True Ouddict
Thanks, got inspired by this post and I burned 2 of these last night (at the same time) - decent stuff!
No worries. It is a very nice stick isnt it? I am finished burning a 2.5inch Minorien Fu-in Kyara. Low amount of Kyara used but with exceptionally good aloeswood used in this range from Minorien.

sabahan

Oud Fan
View attachment 34536

Got these lovely, OLD STOCK Shoyeido, Tenpyo, Peaceful Sky, Horin range. And honestly they are MUCH better than the current Peaceful Sky that they make now, and I have new sock Peaceful Sky.

The notes I got from this stick I burned and listened to and wafted it in my face. Definitely malaccensis wood has been used in these sticks. Started off with a very strong resin that developed into a creaminess and sweet purple and red berry hue, then a VERY wood oud-y note as if I was burning agarwood (the new recipe is nothing like this, way less wood used or something IDK but these are much better by far), the resin felt like I was burning malaccensis wood or wearing HM Malay (that's actually what this reminded me of, HM Malay by SULAYM), then the sweetness turned into a resinous sweet oudy chocolate note. They also lasted much longer. By the end I got a kind of woody oceanic note then it was over.

These old stock Peaceful Sky have TONS of (I am sure of it) malaccensis wood, whereas todays recipe is nothing like this, I am so shocked🤯lol, these sticks will be used very mindfully.

@sabahan gave me these for free, as he is a very kind and generous gentleman, thank you brother!!!

So yes, the recipe for Peaceful Sky is weak and different compared to this. I think they may still have this wood in there today, but much less and maybe something else to try and bolster it because todays stock of peaceful sky sometimes gives off a smokey firewood smell randomly at times, other people have noted this as well on reddit, awhile ago.

EDIT: I walked back into my room and this ONE stick makes my room smell like ive just burned some VERY super quality agarwood lol. Very oudy and strong afternote, smells exactly like malaccensis agarwood and reminds me of it and HM Malay so it has to be that species they used in old stock, they probably still use this now but they have striped A TON of it away, the old stock definitely has WAY more of this in it.

Very psychoactive too.

EDIT2: In a way I am kind of disappointed with Shoyeido because the difference between the new ones and old are like night and day, and they have basically made less quality sticks now to gain more profit. Such a shame, thought Japanese had honour in what they do and Shoyeido are (IMO) no longer an incense house but rather just another company trying to get profits. Like, I dont even think Shoyeido do Kyara sticks anymore but Seijudo can? Shoyeido should still be able to... IMO, such a shame man.
You’re most welcome @-Renton-, glad you enjoyed them!

-Renton-

True Ouddict
A sample pack I made up for a friend I met on here...
Nice one. Very kind you are, giving out kyara sticks. I just got my Kyara Enju tube, and I will post it later and about it later, I only got a 5 min experience with one of the sticks and then gently put it out and omg, it made my experience with incense sticks and agarwood/aloeswood seem infinitesimal lol. All I can say about that very short time with them is, it was like velvet and cashmere to my nose, amazing. I smiled instantly.