Royhalwood

Oud Fanatic
Kalimantan Berau from mesOUD 🤗
This oil is a journey into a wood that is both dense and light, luminous and dark, earthy and ethereal. It's hard to stop on a single facet, as they follow one another and overlap. I like the warm, earthy woodiness with a hint of smoke in the background.

Attachments

• IMG_20231219_100802_680.jpg
    IMG_20231219_100802_680.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 66

Ibn Abdillah

True Ouddict
Kalimantan Berau from mesOUD 🤗
This oil is a journey into a wood that is both dense and light, luminous and dark, earthy and ethereal. It's hard to stop on a single facet, as they follow one another and overlap. I like the warm, earthy woodiness with a hint of smoke in the background.
This morning i put a swipe of Kalimantan Berau and realised again how special this oil is.
While searching I came across your post, which of course aroused my curiosity.
I like this one also very much, and I can understand your description, because i had also a similar experience with this special oil.

Here was my description dated from october '23:
"The opening is sweet with earthy notes.
Then sweet and almost oceanic, mixed with eucaliptus, but neither in their pure form. So none of these notes has the upper hand.
After a while I smell resinous notes.
Then the scent continues to change to the previous notes.
The drydown is woody.
An oudh that regularly takes you on an olfactory journey and takes you back to where you started, a very beautiful experience.
It's like the scents of the island Kalimantan are mixed in this oudh oil and you travel along the coast and the inland."

I addition to the above description i smell also some powdery notes mixed with the woody notes, like i also smelled in Tarakan Qadeem from @mesOUD