Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
I had some fantastic news from a friend that he would be sending me a small bit of kyara to try! When i do get this i will post my view i'm super excited. Disagreements/differences of opinion take place on a daily basis in all different aspects of life, sometimes you have to agree to disagree and remain united for the sake of love, in this case love for Oud, nice to see respectful discussion regardless of differences :)

Awesome, Habz! I look forward to hearing what you have to say about Kyara! Have you been instructed on how best to heat it?

Oudamberlove, I'm going to try to get myself a piece for sure, but I won't expect the heavens to open, or anything so grand ;)

How much should one expect to spend on, say, 1/10th of a gram of Kyara and/ or Kinam?

Jdhawk50

Littlecrowgirl..... i will send you a sample of kyara. I want to make sure you try the real deal. There is a lot of stuff out there thats not real. I have seen kyara as high as $1000.00g now days. You should also chew a tiny sliver. The taste and the way it numbs your tongue is totally awsome. I have studied kyara under my scope and i belive the color comes from the resin to oil ratio. Its so mysterious to me i dont think i will ever understand it completely. I belive that is the way it should remain.
Every time i open my jar, i am blown away.

Jdhawk50

I would like to just clear one thing up about true kyara. Its more than just a scent profile. I have experienced many wood verity and non has the explosives taste and numb your tongue like kyara will. I enjoy chewing it as much as the scent. I am so glad i bought mine before the price became totally crazy.

speaking about kyara I never see amazing kyara like what kyarazen show it us before it was really wonderful darkbrown like darkhoney with extremely dark green resin lines! I hope he can offer soon even dust from this wood! I ask kyarazen about this wood and he said already sold to Chinese market! :)

IMG_1039.jpg

Shark Kyara

Littlecrowgirl..... i will send you a sample of kyara. I want to make sure you try the real deal. There is a lot of stuff out there thats not real. I have seen kyara as high as $1000.00g now days. You should also chew a tiny sliver. The taste and the way it numbs your tongue is totally awsome. I have studied kyara under my scope and i belive the color comes from the resin to oil ratio. Its so mysterious to me i dont think i will ever understand it completely. I belive that is the way it should remain.
Every time i open my jar, i am blown away.

Mr JDHawk, that is an incredibly generous offer, and I will happily accept :) When you chew a piece of Kyara, does it have any effects besides the physical sensations? Does it make you feel euphoric or relaxed?

Oudamberlove, that is all Kyara?!! :O I don't think I could hold off that long without at least heating a little sliver! I understand the feeling of just enjoying the knowledge that you have it... but that right there takes some serious willpower :)

Jdhawk50

Kyara. You just have to experience kyara. I have no words to describe it properly. My friends sister has by-polar disorder. She can eat kyara to replace her medicine buy, its way to expensive. Yes, china seems to have most of the planets supply.

Attachments

• IMG_2662.JPG
    IMG_2662.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2663.JPG
    IMG_2663.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 276

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
@Oud_learner

You hit the nail on the head when you said " personally I am of the opinion that no oil would be able to capture all these notes in totality". It does not make logical sense or scientific sense to claim that the oil of another oudh species to be Kyara. It may have aspects of Kyara, or glimpses of it, but it can not be Kyara.

Secondly, Kyara is a wood based reference, not an oil based. If one was to even distill Kyara the oil would not smell exactly like Kyara because in the process of distillation some bonds are broken and other new bonds are formed and these changes introduce new facets to the oil.

I personally think using the Kyara term in marketing adds little value to the olfactory experience of the consumer as for many they have not tried Kyara or enough of it to understand the notes in it. Having said that, the particular vendor in discussion has clarified his utilization of the term Kyara as not being directly Kyara but what Kyara means to him and that is absolutely fine because he is reflecting upon his experience.

Whilst we scrutinize Vendors, consumer also have a responsibility to logically assess marketing material by vendors, keeping the practicality of it's content in mind and not always taking that as learning material. I have heard from some of my Chinese friends that in China some vendors really abuse Kyara in their marketing, everything is somehow linked to Kyara, when marketing gets to that level it becomes disrespectful to something so sacred.

Oud_learner

The one thing that is puzzling to me is the Kyara classification among the different cultures and school. E.g Japan Shoyeido incense house does not break up Kyara into different color classification as compare to Taiwanese or Chinese classification system; they only have one type of Kyara based on a defined scent profile established by their forefathers.

Based on the Chinese system however, we have purple or white Kinam which are based on their scent profiles.

I know there is no way we can reconcile the different classification system due to cultural and values differences. So far I only have experiences with Shoyeido Kyara. Anyway know what is the scent differences between the different types of Kyara/Kinam?

Jdhawk50

@Oud_learner

You hit the nail on the head when you said " personally I am of the opinion that no oil would be able to capture all these notes in totality". It does not make logical sense or scientific sense to claim that the oil of another oudh species to be Kyara. It may have aspects of Kyara, or glimpses of it, but it can not be Kyara.

Secondly, Kyara is a wood based reference, not an oil based. If one was to even distill Kyara the oil would not smell exactly like Kyara because in the process of distillation some bonds are broken and other new bonds are formed and these changes introduce new facets to the oil.

I personally think using the Kyara term in marketing adds little value to the olfactory experience of the consumer as for many they have not tried Kyara or enough of it to understand the notes in it. Having said that, the particular vendor in discussion has clarified his utilization of the term Kyara as not being directly Kyara but what Kyara means to him and that is absolutely fine because he is reflecting upon his experience.

Whilst we scrutinize Vendors, consumer also have a responsibility to logically assess marketing material by vendors, keeping the practicality of it's content in mind and not always taking that as learning material. I have heard from some of my Chinese friends that in China some vendors really abuse Kyara in their marketing, everything is somehow linked to Kyara, when marketing gets to that level it becomes disrespectful to something so sacred.

Nicely done my friend!!!!!!

View attachment 44
The Shark came from the tip of the middle piece, my Avatar came from the tip of the bottom piece. They're Shoyeido, had 'em for months, but have yet to heat some. Just having them is enjoyable, and the room temperature scent tells me it's Green Oil.

mashallah great quality when u burn some let us know the smell aroma! :)

can you uploaded this wood please in megashare or any nice web page to see the real pic the fourm didn't show the beauty of this wood !

Oudamberlove, that is all Kyara?!! :O I don't think I could hold off that long without at least heating a little sliver! I understand the feeling of just enjoying the knowledge that you have it... but that right there takes some serious willpower :)
I am getting my Kyara Fix from other chips plus some Incense too. I still have a tiny bit from a square I got from Jdhawk, he helped me to try kyara for the first time.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
So even within Kyara there is grading? how is this graded? Some nice pieces of wood seems like we have a good few kyaraddicts here! i attach a image from Kyarazen i hope he doesn't mind but in these pieces the resin is literally oozing out looks amazing. For those who have purchased Kyara in the past how drastically have the prices risen and by how much?

Attachments

• 14708218_279585595774839_6562041846234737923_n.jpg
    14708218_279585595774839_6562041846234737923_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 276