Ammar Ali

Oud Beginner
Peace and blessings to all.

My name is Ammar. I am a 27 year old third-year medical student here in Houston, TX. As someone who is relatively new to oud, I am so glad I found Ouddict and all of you. I reached out to @MzM and @sami after learning that they also live in Houston. MzM and I have met two times already, and Sami is going to join us next time, God-willing. It's hard to find people here in The States that are into oud, let alone in your city. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and and share a few photos from our meets. If any one of you is ever in Houston, my home is your home, God-willing. Who else amongst y'all (had to throw in the Texan-ness) are friends in real life?

Last edited:

MzM

Oud King
Greetings to all,

The pictures came out real nice, they are but a glimpse of the real olfactory experience we had while smelling the various Ouds/Attars from our collections and talking about our other hobbies and life in general. Looking forward to many more meetups like this one with Br Ammar and others, and also the first ever Oudfest in Houston, TX hopefully.

sami

True Ouddict
Peace and blessings to all.

My name is Ammar. I am a 27 year old third-year medical student here in Houston, TX. As someone who is relatively new to oud, I am so glad I found Ouddict and all of you. I reached out to @MzM and @sami after learning that they also live in Houston. MzM and I have met two times already, and Sami is going to join us next time, God-willing. It's hard to find people here in The States that are into oud, let alone in your city. Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and and share a few photos from our meets. If any one of you is ever in Houston, my home is your home, God-willing. Who else amongst y'all (had to throw in the Texan-ness) are friends in real life?

Mashallah...looks like I missed a great meet up. Next time IA brother Ammar.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MzM

Oud King
There are roughly 18k-20k Saudis in Houston working for Chevron and ARAMCO. You should be able to find plenty of people in H-Town who love Oudh. Nice Photos
Seems like none of them are in this forum though. Maybe we can alert them to this medium. Also we should meet up when are in Houston, I know some other Brother might also be interested in meeting up, let us know if your schedule might permit that and we can work out the timing.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Currently with @Daniel B and @Vad who are attending a private Oud Fayre at my home. @Vad asked me about some oils and I said just come over, so they did.

They are covered in oils from Oriscent, @RisingPhoenix, @Al Shareef Oudh and @Alkhadra (Al Hashimi).

There’s some creamy vanilla wild Vietnamese wood from @Agar Aromas via @Habz786 burning on the Subitism heater provided @Faizal_p of Imperial Oud.

Unfortunately they have smelled the old Legends and it’s hard to recover from that experience :D

EE7CEF3F-CC0A-40AC-A959-17DE92F9E1E6.jpeg

B97A736E-F8B1-4490-AC95-712C229A03F8.jpeg

MzM

Oud King
Nice warm up sessions what did you guys smell?.... i see some agar aromas,IO, EO, AKAF,Oudimentary, TO, SP, AO, ASO, ASAQ....@MzM is your ring big enough :p nice feroz ring you got there.
Yes sir, we have a little bit of everything here to represent the whole Oud/Attar community: We also had Tony Bolton's offerings. JazakAllah for the compliment on the Feroz ring, I'll try to switch it around for the brothers. ; )

Seriously everytime I hangout with Br Ammar, not only do we have a great discussion about Oud but we discuss a variety of other topics and I leave the discussion just thankful to have this brother in my life. May God increase him in goodness and blessings.

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
Love the pics Ammar Ali & MzM!! Thank you for sharing! Nice idea having oud meet-up in coffee :Coffee: shop: did any of the public ask what the bottles were? Or why you keep sniffing yourselves? :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

MzM

Oud King
Hey Jensz,

I felt like we definitely got some extended looks in our area, more of a curious and intrigued look, we had most of our bottles laid out so it was a pretty sight haha and I can't blame any onlookers. No questions though. Hopefully that changes and people are more aware of this natural beauty once the Oud Exhibition (Fayre) takes place in North America. Preferably Houston. : )