I was waiting for a review from you. :) You have a way with words! It is fun to read.
Had to put some Iasme on after reading this. I prefer "darker" florals but I can't deny that this one is wonderful even if it lies outside my comfort zone of taste. Bright, with a glimmering texture supporting the jasmine.

Which bottles are you thinking to grab?

im the last one to wear florals...

but this has become my guilty secret....lol

i was gonna grab another bottle of iasme but its no longer availible on etsy....

time to dig through the samples....

Grega

True Ouddict
im the last one to wear florals...

but this has become my guilty secret....lol

i was gonna grab another bottle of iasme but its no longer availible on etsy....

time to dig through the samples....
I really really recommend you to try La Pelegrina or Mehndi Oud Imperial. I just smelled the sample of La Peregrina that Abdullah sent me a year back which I loved but missed the bottle and now I am sad that I didn't wait another day with my last order from Mellifluence as he made another batch this month and it appeared on his store one day after my order shipped :(

The woes of an attar addict. :D

Mellifluence

Oud Fan
I really really recommend you to try La Pelegrina or Mehndi Oud Imperial. I just smelled the sample of La Peregrina that Abdullah sent me a year back which I loved but missed the bottle and now I am sad that I didn't wait another day with my last order from Mellifluence as he made another batch this month and it appeared on his store one day after my order shipped :(

The woes of an attar addict. :D
You're not allowed any more Grega :policeofficer:remember you told me if you come asking for more, that i refuse you :hand:

(Thanks so much for your recommendations too, it is one of my favourites to wear :D)

Grega

True Ouddict
You're not allowed any more Grega :policeofficer:remember you told me if you come asking for more, that i refuse you :hand:

(Thanks so much for your recommendations too, it is one of my favourites to wear :D)
:praying::praying: Yes sir! I will be good :babyangel:

Grega

True Ouddict
Let me know when you're out of scent rehab and i can make you a special sample pack ;)
There are so many new ones on the way :Whistling:
Wonderful! I will tell you as soon as rehab is over :D
:thumbsup:

Grega

True Ouddict
USEERA

What a surprise.
I was a bit unsure if I would like a cucumber type of perfume or not but with the first burst of the opening all my worries were relieved. The cucumber is there but with a very slight resinous touch (frankincense) complemented with turkish rose. These help to transform cucumber into something else. It smells like gorgeous juicy and green smelling flowers that are growing on thick trees above a cool stream. A beautiful base of cardamom and Sarawak Oud with a touch of Mysore Sandal adds character to the whole affair without overpowering the green scent so that it remains more like a nectar and not like a green scent of woods or roots or grass. Perfectly refreshing for a hot day like today. If Tudor Rose is autumn (I made a review of that one yesterday but posted it in the Mellifluence vendor corner as it already had a thread), then Useera is summer. Perfect for wearing to work on hot days as it is fresh and low key. The dry down is beautiful, like an even more focused green scent.
Smelling all these new blends I feel like the quality of Mellifluence perfumes is slowly but constantly increasing.

Mellifluence

Oud Fan
USEERA

What a surprise.
I was a bit unsure if I would like a cucumber type of perfume or not but with the first burst of the opening all my worries were relieved. The cucumber is there but with a very slight resinous touch (frankincense) complemented with turkish rose. These help to transform cucumber into something else. It smells like gorgeous juicy and green smelling flowers that are growing on thick trees above a cool stream. A beautiful base of cardamom and Sarawak Oud with a touch of Mysore Sandal adds character to the whole affair without overpowering the green scent so that it remains more like a nectar and not like a green scent of woods or roots or grass. Perfectly refreshing for a hot day like today. If Tudor Rose is autumn (I made a review of that one yesterday but posted it in the Mellifluence vendor corner as it already had a thread), then Useera is summer. Perfect for wearing to work on hot days as it is fresh and low key. The dry down is beautiful, like an even more focused green scent.
Smelling all these new blends I feel like the quality of Mellifluence perfumes is slowly but constantly increasing.
Thank you so much Grega, you put it so well, i am very pleased when my scents bring joy, it is a great reward for me knowing they have hit the mark.

Mellifluence

Oud Fan
I sense mastery in this creation , lovely combination .Ive always had an ability to smell how things mix together . I can just smell this and its wonderful , really out of the box thinking in its composition . I applaud mellifluence !!!
Thank you so much for your kind words Tyson, it means a lot to me coming from a skilled artisan like yourself.

Grega

True Ouddict
Thank you so much Grega, you put it so well, i am very pleased when my scents bring joy, it is a great reward for me knowing they have hit the mark.
They have hit the mark indeed, all of them. Reunio is next on my list to try (I already smelled it from the bottle and it is also wonderful.) Then I will put my attention on Tyson's oils. Can't wait. One for each day. It was amazing that I got the Mellifluence and Tyson oils on the same day as I ordered on different dates and from different countries. The same happened to me last time with my Rising Phoenix and Mellifluence orders, they came at the same time. Double joy!

Grega

True Ouddict
FIOS

I really enjoy the opening here. Unlike Useera, which was based on the marriage of cardamom and cucumber, here we get cucumber which is integrated in a larger vista to join a subtle sea-like scent - a blend of seaweed, blue lotus and ambergris... In the texture you feel a powdery sweetness that siberian musk provides, making you think of the sun and the waves, balanced by oakmoss which together with cucumber gives a cooler watery shade to the blend. A care-free air surrounds you and transmutes all your worries into a feeling of relaxation. This is the opposite of the more romantic perfumes like Tudor Rose and La Peregrina. There the emotions were high, soaring, searching for something beyond time. Here we get a hedonic type of pleasure, focused on the senses, the warmth of the sun, the glimmering of light, the sound of waves, the scent of the shore. A scene is formed, a world out of a scent. After this the ambery scent that was before merely a soft, warm yellow background to the seascape, comes to the front.

I had a problem with this blend however and it was interesting figuring out what it was and why it came to be.

The first and second time I tried Fios I didn't like that the scent became too ambery too soon. Even though I love Mellifluence ambers and usually crave them the most, here I would have prefered that it were not so. After the first minutes I began missing the clarity of the opening.

But the third time I tried Fios was on a rainy day with cool fresh air filling the room. Like magic the amber became less noticeable and the sea-like notes were balanced with the base. It is very interesting. When I move in a different room that does not have fresh air, the ambery base instantly comes to the front while it goes to the back again if I go back to a room filled with cool fresh air.

Fios is certainly one of the most interesting blends I have smelled this year. I love it on rainy days. It should work wonders in winter with snow outside.
I try to compare it to Tyson's Euphoria as that one also made me think of the sea but thankfully they are both very different. Euphoria smells more fresh, smooth and has a depth which you crave and crave. There is a purity to it that is lacking in Fios but it doesn't open up the vistas of Fios, nor have the wonderful contrast of warmth beneath the cool waters. Now I am thinking of what wonders you would get with joining the best qualities of these two. :Geek:

RoyalFrag

Oud Beginner
Beautiful Review like Always Grega, thanks.
I am waiting for my haul and fios is included, hopefully it will reach soon inch'Allah.

Grega

True Ouddict
Beautiful Review like Always Grega, thanks.
I am waiting for my haul and fios is included, hopefully it will reach soon inch'Allah.
Thanks! What else is in your haul :)

Grega

True Ouddict
just a small haul :Whistling::Whistling:
Menthe D'Agar
Amber Imperial 2nd batch
Zenith
Fios
Bespoke Oud Attar
1997 Himalayan musk
Tasneem (Red Wine)
Zenith
Sajaro
Santal De Chocolat
Nice haul! :eek:Ah new Amber Imperial! Joe King will be pleased!
Tasneem is also nice, has a lovely scent reminding me of certain traditional non alcoholic drinks that used to be common in my parts and were made with different fruits and spices.

I have tried most of these but I don't know about Menthe D'Agar?!
And that oud attar sounds interesting ;)

Hope you enjoy these! Looking forward to reviews ;)

RoyalFrag

Oud Beginner
Menthe D'Agar is a peppermint Oud attar. Abdallah used peppermint as the top note and 3 different ouds, the blend of Sabah oud and Vietnamese special oud gives it a warm chocolaty scent
the notes for Menthe D'Agar are:
Cambodi Seufi Oud
Peppermint
Mysore Sandalwood
Nagaon Assam Oud
Ruh Khus
Civet
Castoreum
Vietnamese Special Oud
Benzoin
1997 Himalayan Deer Musk
Silver Ambergris
Amber Oriental
Vanilla Absolute
Cardamom Absolute

For my bespoke oud attar, i requested From Abdallah to make an Oud attar with south thai Oud, and Cambodian Seuf oud will be loudly pronounced with a beautiful sweet vibe from the Tobacco, honey, tonka, and cocoa, where the Persian saffron, and cardamom will shine individually and loudly too from the blend, so they will be as strong as the oud at the top, then tobacco and Cambodian oud will be the main players while it's drying down.
the Mysore sandalwood, Frankincense, Myrrh, Benzoin siam, white amber, south thai oud will be adding a beautiful base and will make the attar more oudy oriental with strong projection and longevity (since i will gift it to someone who loves loud attars and oud) he loves to walk and everyone can smell him
so the ingredients are:
Top notes: south thai Oud, persian saffron, Frankincense, cardamom
middle notes: Cambodian Seuf oud, Tobacco, honey, tonka, cocoa,
base notes: cambodian seuf oud, Hay, Tonka bean absolute, Mysore sandalwood, Frankincense, Myrrh, Benzoin siam, Labdanum, White ambergris, Musk, Civet, Castoreum, Hyraceum, Cedarwood