F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Thank God, I kept refreshing his site like a minute before his stated time on his Instagram and the products were uploaded 3-4 minutes after the stated time and I was able to get 5 products. Which is a first for me...it always sells out quick. It literally sold out in 13 minutes...all the good stuff..like literally. Amazing! Can't wait to try out his stuff.

Yes brother give people all details like this next time 100 people front of instagram waiting good job :clapping::clapping::clapping: !

Just kidding bissaha akhi :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Kyarazen

Artisan
Good Evening everyone,

someone had asked me to come out of my oudy cave to ouddict to clear the air... and to think i almost forgot my login/password combi..

firstly i would like to offer an apology to everyone for not having been able to fulfil everyone's expectations and order requirements, particularly with regards to the webstore, and also the lack of proper write ups on my site for a while.. as i've been focussing on teaching my closest students, and writing a book..

I would also like to thank everyone whom had supported KZ/2088tea for the longest time ever, and it had been a year since i had started 2088tea, independent of Etsy. I dont know where to start to explain everything but perhaps i'll start from KZ being a recluse. indeed KZ has become more of a recluse since parting ways with a chinese "business" partner due to difference in values and the unreliability/vested interests when it comes to the trust factor.

with regards to KZ's activities.. there actually is no business model to what kz does.. no marketing team.. no factory... no crushing of dried incense clumps to be OEM-extruded by chinese factories... and definitely no profiteering/money making concept. it had always been an internal struggle of sorts, as personally the idea of "making money" sometimes taints a passion/deep interest/culture. but yet if nothing is made commercially available, how do you offer others a chance to experience your perspective in incense?

personally, KZ is quite a private and a low key individual, and many had respected that.. just like Oud_Learner whom probably stays like twenty minutes away only but we've never met, and not even had communicated via mobile texts. and in some way KZ has his own professional career and a couple of small companies in a totally unrelated field all together, and that all sustains his "comfortable living"... a decent home...two cars.. reasonable life style.. and allows him to work on incense without the agenda of making huge profits. this allowed KZ/2088 to operate on an approximate 70% cost, with only 30% as a margin, from which exchange rates, payment service fees, excess packaging materials/shipping costs etc have yet to be deducted. from the "profits" then, most of it is re-channeled back into incense work and its related costs, and some to charity. we dont have very low costs, because KZ and the KZ team, does not go for the cheapest prices available anywhere at any time, we do understand that the middleman, when it comes to smaller quantities or more selected materials, needed to make his bread and butter, so KZ pays fair prices, never undercutting or low balling anyone whom supplies KZ. i'm sure some of you suppliers would know that, picky and selective on materials, but always fast on payment with no negotiation if agreeable. we're aware that on many instances, our retail prices from such a mechanism of minimal manpower cost, high quality materials and low margins gives a very high "quality:money" ratio, which lead to some demand that exceeds the supply produced.

on supply, i think most people would be glad to know that every incense that comes with the KZ logo, every single stick has been touched by my grubby hands, because I personally made every thing, extruded every stick myself. i do it mostly out of passion, and a staunch believe in the art of making good sticks, but being a one"man" show in this, the production amounts are very small. similarly due to stringent material selections, that limits the usability of raw materials, like sometimes 20-30% of raw materials are rendered unsuitable due to wrong part/wrong quality/improper resination amount/unclean etc, and also the tediousness of manual incense making.. i've been on 4.5 hour sleep daily only.. ever since the past five to seven years.. there is no possibility of scaling up production unless i think i can sleep less :D. people also will not like it if they know something is not made by me, and it would be irresponsible if ever i decide to outsource/get someone to do something under my moniker. however i'm fortunate to have very good students that now have well received the skills that i had imparted to them that they are starting their own brands, doing incense to my expected qualities and beyond, like as announced in this month.. Seishodo and Tanoshimu are two close students that I had spent the past one and a half to two years imparting different techniques/skills/incense knowledge. i hope with more makers by my side now with their own creativity and artisantry that a slightly higher supply will help alleviate the supply woes.

i'm also looking forward to see if i can train a couple of other people abroad.. if they have the right personality/mentalities.. and also the right passion, for them to develop and make their own incenses/sticks with no strings attached to KZ.. free knowledge, skillset for you and zero interest nor need of any "shares/royalty".......... applicants are welcome.. :) but it may take a longer time to know you better before i agree to it.

that said, i would think my team and I have an uphill battle, we're a group of people working towards the revival/promotion of our incense culture, this is unlike arabic incense culture which we are envious of, oud appreciation, agarwood appreciation is mature and very deeply rooted in your cultures. KZ is not here to compete with anyone for any market, and the market out there is huge enough for everyone to feed on. so i hope there wont be anyone that would think i'm trying to outcompete anything, zilch.. KZ only wants to do what he wants to do.. make good incense and revive incense culture in the regions of his interest. i've also always remained a neutral party.. and prefer not to be involved in anyones' disagreements in the oud world. he is always respectful of everyone whom had been working hard to bring good scents to the world, be it EO.. AA... SP.. IO.. ALSF, etc etc.. what they do are spectacular.. and many are top notch.

once again, my sincere apologies to anyone whom had been unable to procure anything from the webstore... it came as a shock to me and also.. the rush sort of crashed one of the web extensions pertaining to the cart checkouts etc. we really do not have any reserve stock left, and most of the time, not even a single broken stick is left as we either give away the left overs as samples along with people's orders, or as gifts to others whom had no chance to purchase.

retreating back into my oudy cave for now..

じゃあね~~

Ashfaque

Jonoon al Oud
Good Evening everyone,

someone had asked me to come out of my oudy cave to ouddict to clear the air... and to think i almost forgot my login/password combi..

firstly i would like to offer an apology to everyone for not having been able to fulfil everyone's expectations and order requirements, particularly with regards to the webstore, and also the lack of proper write ups on my site for a while.. as i've been focussing on teaching my closest students, and writing a book..

I would also like to thank everyone whom had supported KZ/2088tea for the longest time ever, and it had been a year since i had started 2088tea, independent of Etsy. I dont know where to start to explain everything but perhaps i'll start from KZ being a recluse. indeed KZ has become more of a recluse since parting ways with a chinese "business" partner due to difference in values and the unreliability/vested interests when it comes to the trust factor.

with regards to KZ's activities.. there actually is no business model to what kz does.. no marketing team.. no factory... no crushing of dried incense clumps to be OEM-extruded by chinese factories... and definitely no profiteering/money making concept. it had always been an internal struggle of sorts, as personally the idea of "making money" sometimes taints a passion/deep interest/culture. but yet if nothing is made commercially available, how do you offer others a chance to experience your perspective in incense?

personally, KZ is quite a private and a low key individual, and many had respected that.. just like Oud_Learner whom probably stays like twenty minutes away only but we've never met, and not even had communicated via mobile texts. and in some way KZ has his own professional career and a couple of small companies in a totally unrelated field all together, and that all sustains his "comfortable living"... a decent home...two cars.. reasonable life style.. and allows him to work on incense without the agenda of making huge profits. this allowed KZ/2088 to operate on an approximate 70% cost, with only 30% as a margin, from which exchange rates, payment service fees, excess packaging materials/shipping costs etc have yet to be deducted. from the "profits" then, most of it is re-channeled back into incense work and its related costs, and some to charity. we dont have very low costs, because KZ and the KZ team, does not go for the cheapest prices available anywhere at any time, we do understand that the middleman, when it comes to smaller quantities or more selected materials, needed to make his bread and butter, so KZ pays fair prices, never undercutting or low balling anyone whom supplies KZ. i'm sure some of you suppliers would know that, picky and selective on materials, but always fast on payment with no negotiation if agreeable. we're aware that on many instances, our retail prices from such a mechanism of minimal manpower cost, high quality materials and low margins gives a very high "quality:money" ratio, which lead to some demand that exceeds the supply produced.

on supply, i think most people would be glad to know that every incense that comes with the KZ logo, every single stick has been touched by my grubby hands, because I personally made every thing, extruded every stick myself. i do it mostly out of passion, and a staunch believe in the art of making good sticks, but being a one"man" show in this, the production amounts are very small. similarly due to stringent material selections, that limits the usability of raw materials, like sometimes 20-30% of raw materials are rendered unsuitable due to wrong part/wrong quality/improper resination amount/unclean etc, and also the tediousness of manual incense making.. i've been on 4.5 hour sleep daily only.. ever since the past five to seven years.. there is no possibility of scaling up production unless i think i can sleep less :D. people also will not like it if they know something is not made by me, and it would be irresponsible if ever i decide to outsource/get someone to do something under my moniker. however i'm fortunate to have very good students that now have well received the skills that i had imparted to them that they are starting their own brands, doing incense to my expected qualities and beyond, like as announced in this month.. Seishodo and Tanoshimu are two close students that I had spent the past one and a half to two years imparting different techniques/skills/incense knowledge. i hope with more makers by my side now with their own creativity and artisantry that a slightly higher supply will help alleviate the supply woes.

i'm also looking forward to see if i can train a couple of other people abroad.. if they have the right personality/mentalities.. and also the right passion, for them to develop and make their own incenses/sticks with no strings attached to KZ.. free knowledge, skillset for you and zero interest nor need of any "shares/royalty".......... applicants are welcome.. :) but it may take a longer time to know you better before i agree to it.

that said, i would think my team and I have an uphill battle, we're a group of people working towards the revival/promotion of our incense culture, this is unlike arabic incense culture which we are envious of, oud appreciation, agarwood appreciation is mature and very deeply rooted in your cultures. KZ is not here to compete with anyone for any market, and the market out there is huge enough for everyone to feed on. so i hope there wont be anyone that would think i'm trying to outcompete anything, zilch.. KZ only wants to do what he wants to do.. make good incense and revive incense culture in the regions of his interest. i've also always remained a neutral party.. and prefer not to be involved in anyones' disagreements in the oud world. he is always respectful of everyone whom had been working hard to bring good scents to the world, be it EO.. AA... SP.. IO.. ALSF, etc etc.. what they do are spectacular.. and many are top notch.

once again, my sincere apologies to anyone whom had been unable to procure anything from the webstore... it came as a shock to me and also.. the rush sort of crashed one of the web extensions pertaining to the cart checkouts etc. we really do not have any reserve stock left, and most of the time, not even a single broken stick is left as we either give away the left overs as samples along with people's orders, or as gifts to others whom had no chance to purchase.

じゃあね~~

Dear KyaraZen,

I hope to read your book soon.

My hypothesis: one main reason why everything sold out so quickly is because Sultan shared the news about your upcoming incenses on the Sultan Pasha Attars group on Facebook. :D

As for incense, even though I missed this time, I'm quite happy to have grabbed some different types during Jinkoh Ten-Pyo release. I followed your advice and burn only an inch of Tenpyo and the my roo smells heavenly.

I also highly appreciate your approach of sharing for less when I know for a fact that you could charge so much more than what you do now.

I'm waiting for the power adapter to finally make the Subitism electric incense burner following your tutorial. Oud_learner also helped me - thanks a lot to you both. Exciting time awaits!

Please stick your stringent quality control. In short, as a novice incense user, I trust you and like all 4 incenses that I have from you. :)

With best wishes,
Ashfaque

alcolado glacial

True Ouddict
Good Evening everyone,

じゃあね~~
My Apologies to you for the angered message i posted on this thread. I love your work and i will be happy to purchase incense of the most highest quality, Keep on keeping the standerds high you have a fan here for life.