Faizal_p

Sulaym.co.uk
Defo, there's many of us from the UK. Arrange something in Birmingham, easy for most of the country. First ever OudCon

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Agree generally, but remember that the Tuareg men having to cover their faces does not go back to Quran and Sunnah... yet it is part of Islamic Law over there. It is not haram (sinful) for them to uncover, but it is wajib (mandatory).

A custom or cultural practice maybe not opposed to Islam, but it does not necessarily become part of Islamic Law. The Usool is; a. Acts of worship are Tawqeefi, i.e Acts of worship are forbidden unless sanctioned by Allah swt and His Prophet saw. b. Customs and cultural practices they are permissible and none of them are forbidden except that which Allah swt and His Prophet saw has forbidden.

Sin can only be when the individual fails to perform what is required of them.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
What are the tips and tricks for fasting?

No eating or drinking or consuming anything from sunrise to sunset, in the UK its approx 18 hours. Also no smoking or sex, tips would be drink plenty of water eat fruit or dates. In the morning we usually wake up around 2:30am eat/drink then fast until sunset around 9:30pm

J

Jimmie Taylor

Why do you eat at night? Because no one can see it?^^ Sounds like heliolatry.^^
One should not smoke anyway, it smells horrible and one day you can't smell so good anymore.
And dates have good vitamin content or why are they usable?
Fasting is great for growth hormone levels i heard (so recovery for the body) and detox.

Last edited by a moderator:
One should not smoke anyway, it smells horrible and one day you can't smell so good anymore.
Fasting is great for growth hormone levels i heard (so recovery for the body) and detox.

Fasting is worshiping and drawing closer to God and abstaining from lusts as well as food to self-discipline and remember the blessings of God on us and remember the poor during the month of Ramadan Bounty charity for the poor as well as pay zakat money for the poor fasting ancient worship of some religions and not only confined to Muslims

J

Jimmie Taylor

So the money that got saved through fasting goes to the poor people? Thats nice.

I would assume, giving the money directly to the poor people (without third parties involved) might often be a more safe option.

So it is 1 month intermittent fasting?
Have you allready achieved 1 month fasting?
How much do you eat in the allowed eating period?

Rai Munir

Musk Man
In fact, there is no doubt that physical self is 0.1 per cent of man, and the rest is spiritual, if impartially meditated. Fasting is submission. This is not the matter of night or day; it is Divine Ordain, and this is what turns permitted into forbidden. Nothing is forbidden to eat in other months, because God never asked to stay away. When He asked to, the believers stand still. An Oud lover does everything to acquire Oud. So a Creator's worshiper abides by the Divine Principles to acquire His Love. No heliolatory at all. If it were so, it would have been throughout the year. Smoking is horrible, but for non smokers. So avoiding it when fasting due to its being horrible is a bit naive. Drinking is rather horrible than smoking. Growth of hormones can be achieved through certain other more reliable means. Even ecstasy does so. Anti-toxin agents are here every where. So, there is only one reason: Submission to the One Who deserves total submission. It is for the spiritual self, and healthy physical self is just its corollary, which even if not achieved, the Divine Principle is yet to be followed. Here lies the difference between a worshiper and a labourer.

J

Jimmie Taylor

I'm a very grounded dude and have good morals and i think its always good to discuss different subjects and always sustain a good sense of humour.
https://www.anabolicmen.com/intermittent-fasting-testosterone/
"....
a study
which showed that a short term fasts of 24 hours induced growth hormone levels by a staggering 2000% in humans...."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/?page=6
I smoked from time to time and all i can say is:
Your olfactory-system is getting harmed and shut down.
When a friend of mine smokes it smells just disgusting^^
When i smoked for myself my olfactory-system allready got the smell filtered alot.
I said it smells horrible for people who are in the near distance.
Naive it is to think your body will get away with it without harm, but it's up to the individual how he wants to live.
Also when your olfactory system is shutting down, you can get depressed out of it.
There are studies about this subject.
When you can't smell so good anymore, chances of getting "depression" and down are much higher.
I mean when you eat clean, are active and just smoke a few puffs a day it might be no problem.
But i don't need to talk about all the side effects of smoking.
Why does alcohol do more harm than smoking?
It also depends on whats else is in the tobbaco and the purity.
Drinking wine can be healthy, but just because of the fermented grapes, not the alcohol.
Drinking and smoking can lead to relaxation, but thats more a mental advantage.
What do you mean with anti toxin agents? Herbs or do you mean I'm an agent?
Because our world is full of toxins.
But one can clearly exxaregate regarding detox, thats for sure.
Theres no doubt that fasting helps detox. Because the human body has more time and energy to detox, because it doesn't need to digest
You say that there's no doubt that 99.9 percent of the human being is spiritual?
I think of course there must be more than the physicality,
but who can talk about that with any precision?
I would rather not trust anybody regarding any precise arguments about it.
You say one can see that it's 99.9 percent spiritual if impartially meditated.
But when you meditate (think) about a subject, you are allready partial in your attempt,
because you are meditating about a specific subject.
What do you even mean with consisting of 99.9 spiritual?
What do you mean with submission?
It sounds a little bit negative bro.
It might be a submission for you.
But maybe you can clarify.
I have no problem with people who belief in a god or any underlying positive nature.
What irritates people sometimes are some kind of exxagerated 'swarm'-like arguments^^
Also to distinguish between a worshipper and a labourer sounds a bit too harsh.
In the end and when we line them up, they are just two people.
How much do you eat in the allowed periods of the fasting process?
Might be even not the right thread to further discuss these things ;)

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Also to distinguish between a worshipper and a labourer sounds a bit too harsh.
Oh no no, brother Jimmie Taylor, not harsh at all. If you felt so, I do apologize. Peace:)!
because you are meditating about a specific subject
... then everything is subjective, including yours and mine. But objectivity does exist. Where? Hmm, solely our responsibility to find out. If studies determines, then a plethora of studies is here and there to validate and authenticate personal viewpoints.
I have no problem with people who belief in a god or any underlying positive nature
Not just underlying benefits, I am sure. Much evident, and shared and universally acknowledged, brother:)!
What irritates people sometimes are some kind of exxagerated 'swarm'-like arguments^^
Yes, that irritates. The way that irritates you, and everybody, that does to me as well, brother.
Herbs or do you mean I'm an agent?
Yes, herbs or certain available medicines. Believe me, brother.
Might be even not the right thread to further discuss these things ;)
Yes, I myself do feel like that it might not be the right thread;).

Last, no ill feelings, brother. Peace!

So the money that got saved through fasting goes to the poor people? Thats nice.

I would assume, giving the money directly to the poor people (without third parties involved) might often be a more safe option.

So it is 1 month intermittent fasting?
Have you allready achieved 1 month fasting?
How much do you eat in the allowed eating period?

Helping the poor is not limited to only one month but in the holy month of Ramadan increases charity for the poor be more, food is after sunset until dawn prayer is stopped eating, the amount of eating is unlimtied you can eat what you want...

J

Jimmie Taylor

Many people eat just one meal a day.
How many meals do you eat in the allowed period?

J

Jimmie Taylor

Yes, herbs or certain available medicines. Believe me, brother.
Have you tried some?
I tried some detox cures from Dr-Clark. They are all based on herbs.

Oh no no, brother Jimmie Taylor, not harsh at all. If you felt so, I do apologize. Peace:)!
No Problem bro. I find it always interesting.

@Faizal_p
@Faheem
Sorry for abusing your thread.

Abasfrag told me the meaning of

Assalamo Aleykom = hello
(Peace be upon you)

Wa aleykom assalam = hello back
(Peace be upon you too),

which i quite like.

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Many people eat just one meal a day.
How many meals do you eat in the allowed period?

You can eat and drink whatever you like between sunset and dawn. However, the spirit of the month requires that people don't hold banquets every night which can be a problem for some. :Roflmao:

For myself, I eat some dates in the morning as I find they get me through the day. For the evening, I eat a meal and try to curb the impulse to overeat.