VPhong

Oud Tea
After a busy day, relaxing with the latest video by Nikhil on Exotic Scents and just had to swipe the TO Kala Naam. This oil has really grown on me. Thick oil, intense aroma, with a medium piecing fermented aroma that lifts the brain fog and entices you in with a sweet caramel, delicious dark barny and fecal (but not quite) allure. Relaxing scent and great bedtime aroma :Laugh::Laugh::Laugh:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Din Dan (FO) and Ceylon Sandal (IO) Kahsmiri Musk: Firs wore the maceration. Musk is more than tenacious in there. Ceylon Sandal, that I always consider more woody than buttery is fully musky now. After three hours, Din Dan. Now the aroma is horizon like. Musk heaven and Oud earth are seemingly one and the same. But 'seemingly'.

hawk_757

Barn Bro
Zak’s Manek II. I am so impressed by this oil. So smooth...and that lemony Kalakassi profile is delicious. This is worth much more than the ridiculously cheap price it sells for. Top notch.

VPhong

Oud Tea
EO Assam Organic 2005 - I have been curious about this oil for a while now. From the start the age quality is very apparent in the complexion of the oil. The scent possesses the softness and smoothness of age. This same quality is also apparent in Lushai Hills (1992) AA. The very old teas and age Nerikoh incense I collect and have come across also have this quality of being soft, gentle and soothing in their delivery. AO 2005 is not loud nor does it project all that much but I feel the subtleness and the way it stays close to the skin makes it all the more alluring and appealing. There is a pleasant mild barny note that smells very clean and the overall aroma profile is very elegant and refined. The aroma feels settled and soothing, the dry down is beautiful in the classical Hindi, and longevity very good.

To get a very clear contrast in terms of younger and older oils I also swiped my other arm with the newer Kalakassi Aagaz AA. The difference in the complexion of the 2 aromas is very obvious. One being aged and soft with a smooth and soothing aroma whilst the other is more fresh and potent with a stiffness and slightly harsher delivery. I have no doubt that with time that age complexion will appear in the Kalakassi Aagaz AA as well. We just need patience.

>> UPDATE: I just have to add that being soft and not loud does not mean being weak. The dry down of the AO 2005 is comparatively so powerful that the Kalakassi Aagaz is coming off quite subdued. An instant can only say so much but the journey is the collective knowledge of a multitude of instances. Now in another 10 years ... what say you ... dear oils

Last edited:

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
image.jpg

Last edited: