Dismiss Notice
We are in the middle of changing the user interface of the forum to make it easier to navigate, eliminate some bugs in the previous template and expand the forum functionality in the future.
Dismiss Notice
VOTING NOW OPEN FOR OUD AND NATURAL PERFUME OF THE YEAR 2017! PLEASE VOTE IN BOTH POLLS. THANK YOU.

Oud Of The Day/Night

Discussion in 'Scent of the Day/Night' started by jalil, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Mobeen.Imran

Mobeen.Imran Oud Fan

Funk master

Mandeel AlMandeel and Nikhil S like this.
  2. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

La Maison Khenata Kaliminty

First swipe

Borneo chips on low heat :Inlove:

High quality oil :handok:

3. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fan

Brunei hues house of misk
    The bitter earthy and greeen blue salty notes are true to type. The white pepper like barn is balanced but still a tad much for me. What I find needs time is the pot note which to my nose is SS and manifests itself like raw hung meat. I have a feeling Time will do this oil well. I am gonna transfer some in a small vial and air it for a while and see what happens

4. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Archipelago & Green Papua (EO's): Seasoned oils they are. Smooth and clean at their maximum. So, the aroma is exceptionally delicate and lasting. I juxtaposed them to read whether they will do to blend Tyson's Hojari and mixed grains of Kashmiri and Siberian Musk and Mysore Sandal.

5. Habz786

Habz786 tcidduO Staff Member

Oud M1 Agar Aura

6. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fan

scent of the day jing shen lu: wanted something less oudy and more perfumy. dried fruits of yusuf meets delicate airy light colour green notes like that of mint team with some violet leaf, aglaia, and other delciate green notes. no camphoric no khus like notes here.

i have actually started a perfume with jsl as base (25 drops) with varrying amount of (3-5 drops) of duhl q, green papua, XLL and 1 drop of emerald. i have then added some aglaia, sri lankan cinammon, expressed lime and bergamot. i think some anapurna black lotus (dried fermented red lotus) and spikenard will do great things to the mix. work in progress. i feel i am 80% there with what i have in my mind: a more wild, papuan, filarian, darker and hint smoky scent but opens up with pretty citrus/cinammon dried fruit notes. if anyone has any thoughts or input let me know

7. jensz

jensz Super Moderator Staff Member

Whoa that blend you're making sounds amazing! Interesting with the dark and light, oudhy and citrusy elements! :Geek:

8. jensz

jensz Super Moderator Staff Member

Today it's Alhambra from Alkhadra, complimented with Vietnamese wood from Al Shareef.
    So glad I got a bottle of Alhambra. I enjoyed it from the start but it's benefited from a little time, as it's smoothed out some but still lively.

9. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

LMK Malay Cola for afternoon

Its like wearing a incens burner with chips of malay wood on the coal.

LMK Rose de malaisie for evening

the opening of this one is out of this world!

10. sami

sami Oud Fan

Meitei Agarwood Assam...one of the prettiest hindi ouds I have tried.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

11. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fan

i know brother @Alkhadra was busy with a move but surprised not to see him back in action. where you at mate? hope all is well.

12. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fan

the thing is i find JSL and yusuf and for that matter most southern cambodian adn thai oils to be too dried fruity for me. at the same time i find filaria and maroke oils to be too dark, swampy, thick jungle vegetation. i quite like the harmony of the two mixed (hypothetically). then oils like emerald with the diesel pwoer and duhl q with smoke bomb add a mere hint of suggestive complexity. some green citrus notes to brighten things up and cinammon to add a zing and bring out the spice notes burried in the back. agalaia and violet leaves absolute add more green notes but of very different kind. will see. so far i havent gotten to where i want just yet. will have to play around with my assemblage some more... is a lot of fun, goo mental exercice and perfect hobby when heating wood or burning incence. try it!

13. Mobeen.Imran

Mobeen.Imran Oud Fan

Hainan arabi

jensz, Mandeel AlMandeel and Nikhil S like this.
  14. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

It is deliverance from fruity and swampy, diesel-y and chocolaty-ness. Otherwise, I kept wavering and then wandering in the maize of aforementioned notes. Wood is an intact phenomenon, if it is not 'made oud'.

15. Habz786

Habz786 tcidduO Staff Member

Imperial Oud Ceylone Royale....this oil is ageing beautifully and the notes are so tasty....its the kind of oil that tempts a little taste to see if the scent of guava, mangoes and exotic fruits intwined with the green inense comes through on he pallet. A great Oil and levels above most of the Sri Lankans i have smelt.....great stuff :Thumbsup:

16. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fan

oud of the night last night was AA kiyosumi: the more stripped down, piercing, higher toned vietnamese release by taha. kenmei goes on mustache but kiyosumi on the wrist. the scent is very similar: condensed milk, vanilla, spearmint, classic vietnam bitterness and a different kind of medicinal than chinese oils. and then on evolution there is the balsam sap note but the energy and radiation is very different than kenmei. overall when i crave that green oil kyara scent or the note of burning some sick kyara based japanese incense upright, this oil scrathes that itch perfectly.

oud of this morning: sri pada IO. a relative great bargain of a sri lankan with deeper, fuller, darker, cinnamon, cardamon, mango peel, thick dark clover honey with mild but noticeable saline oceanic note. is doesnt have any smoky notes. no pot smell. no fishy seaweedy notes. but also absent or very very dialed down is that incense note that is abundant in ORSL. for the price though this oil is wicked.

17. Vad

Vad Just Arrived

I have heaed about borneo diesel and I know it it very expensive also. Does anyone have it . If yes how is it like. I would like to know a bit about the scent profile. Thanks

18. saint458

saint458 Whats this Oud About?

Syed's Succor from AA

Deep, dark, delicious, luscious, dried maroke incense ...
    ... at midnight my soul was a little thirsty for this one ...
    ... small swipes on both sides of my beard. Waves & wafts constantly ...

jensz, VPhong, Nikhil S and 3 others like this.
  19. Mobeen.Imran

Mobeen.Imran Oud Fan

Maroke noir and tawau al awal just applied a swipe of each om the same hand dont know why tbh just felt like doing it to see what it smelt like

20. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

The stunning Arem Sung from Agarwood Assam this morning. It was still going beautifully strong (citrusy, green and hint of lovely barnyard) after 8 hours on my very very dry skin - until I had to make another ablution.

VPhong, Nikhil S, Rai Munir and 3 others like this.

Promote Oud!