Shabby

Come what may, but that must be Hindi.

I think respected Rasoul and respected Shabby can guide about the wood distilled for Hindustan 1. I mean Assam, Arunchal Pardesh, Manipur, Meghalaya,Nagaland, Mizoram, etc.

Yes I was fortunate indeed to smell the exact wood which went into Hindustan No. 1. It is from Mokokchung in Nagaland, with a true mountainous austerity and a humming blue quality running through it. When I first smelled it (meaning when I pulled the top fraction at Taha’s place) there was such a clear blue lotus top note, I cannot even begin to describe it.

This note was also there in the wood in perfect form. Then came more of the berries, and some hay which was more warm and creamy to offset the mountain air.

I don’t know if you saw this uncle @Rai Munir but there is a small video where Taha and I are discussing this very subject:

As for Arunachal Pradesh, I also have an oil from there: Ensar Oud’s Assam Organic 2007, which is a truly wonderful oil.

hassam mac

True Ouddict
Yes I was fortunate indeed to smell the exact wood which went into Hindustan No. 1. It is from Mokokchung in Nagaland, with a true mountainous austerity and a humming blue quality running through it. When I first smelled it (meaning when I pulled the top fraction at Taha’s place) there was such a clear blue lotus top note, I cannot even begin to describe it.

This note was also there in the wood in perfect form. Then came more of the berries, and some hay which was more warm and creamy to offset the mountain air.

I don’t know if you saw this uncle @Rai Munir but there is a small video where Taha and I are discussing this very subject:

As for Arunachal Pradesh, I also have an oil from there: Ensar Oud’s Assam Organic 2007, which is a truly wonderful oil.
Ok

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
smelling from the vial earlier, hindustan 1 hit me again with the image of an alpine meadow in the swiss alps. there is elevation in the scent. this oil gives you wings. it is so uplifting in its gentle approach it brings joy and tears to my eyes. so rounded and so smooth. no harsh edges, nothing out of place. beautiful cows grazing amongst wild flowers and both rolls of dried hay and fresh hay being mown are greeting the nose. chugoku is very approachable in both scent and projection, but hindustan at least in its current stage of evolution is even more approachable. it is supposed to get louder and wake up from its post distill slumber. tbd. if that happens then maybe chugoku goes back to number 1 spot for me but for now hindustan 1 all the way.

@Rai Munir dont miss out on this oil. for the sake of all the future conversations that will happen around this oil and all referencing to it, etc. it is a must. if you would have said you have tried chugoku and you definitely didnt like it, i would leave you alone. but since thats not the case, i urge you to drop taha an email. i hope you like it and see it as oud as such. this is unmistakable agalocha from high country. but also unmistakable taha signature that manages to bring ethereal and elegant qualities to all agarwood of all origins. and is also unmistakable hindi to my nose. is not burma or laos. wearing hindustan 1 gives me ecstatic feelings with a path to reach euphoria. it makes me realize and be reminded of all the beauty in this world despite all the nasty and help focus more on the beauty.

peter4ptv

Nagaland! Yeeea!

Dearest Peter, now remember my post in January that this year 2018 will be the year of Nagaland.
and a few months before:

upload_2018-4-20_12-9-33.png

Rai Munir

Musk Man
@Rai Munir dont miss out on this oil. for the sake of all the future conversations that will happen around this oil and all referencing to it, etc. it is a must. if you would have said you have tried chugoku and you definitely didnt like it, i would leave you alone. but since thats not the case, i urge you to drop taha an email. i hope you like it and see it as oud as such. this is unmistakable agalocha from high country. but also unmistakable taha signature that manages to bring ethereal and elegant qualities to all agarwood of all origins. and is also unmistakable hindi to my nose. is not burma or laos. wearing hindustan 1 gives me ecstatic feelings with a path to reach euphoria. it makes me realize and be reminded of all the beauty in this world despite all the nasty and help focus more on the beauty.
Respected Rasoul, believe me, if you gonna post one more, replete with the energy level you have experienced, I will fly to Malaysia, and mind it, without a return ticket.

You have cruelly whetted my desire, man.:Cry:! 'O mon frère, o mon ennemi!' (Sorry I forgot the name of the writer of this beautiful expression.)

Last edited:

AZsmell

True Ouddict
AA Syed's Ascent. This one deserves more praise. One of the best Meraukes I have ever tried. Probably second to Ensar's Oud Royale 1 but that one is nearly impossible to get. Ascent is still a young oil and will age nicely.
Taha saying this is the holy grail of Merauke oud isn't just marketing fluff. This one really is,

Midday swipe
Fragrant Harbor
There needs to be more Chinese oils from our Beloved Artisans. But it seems the availability of raw materials fell victim to the “China Market”, or is too expensive to make it a viable venture.
FH is aging nicely and has improved since I got it IMO.

Swipe of the night
Inderapura Encens
This oil is like the baby brother of Pencerahan
They both exhibit the most handsome scent juiced from Malaysian agarwood. Think super king black resin converted into oil. Ya sure, there are pretty Malaysian oils out there, and some nice rustic ones too, but none of them scream “Super King”:Laugh:

hawk_757

Barn Bro
Midday swipe
Fragrant Harbor
There needs to be more Chinese oils from our Beloved Artisans. But it seems the availability of raw materials fell victim to the “China Market”, or is too expensive to make it a viable venture.
FH is aging nicely and has improved since I got it IMO.

Swipe of the night
Inderapura Encens
This oil is like the baby brother of Pencerahan
They both exhibit the most handsome scent juiced from Malaysian agarwood. Think super king black resin converted into oil. Ya sure, there are pretty Malaysian oils out there, and some nice rustic ones too, but none of them scream “Super King”:Laugh:
IO seems to be providing quite a few Chinese options these days

Today/dusk
I am savoring my last swipe of Feel Oud Wahid second pull
Smooth, deep, woodchip aroma. Slightly medicinal, lactic, oudy. There is a very delicate sweetness and a little of leather and tobacco.:praying:

Night swipe
IO Sinharaja
I like all my Sri Lanka oils, and I also like to conserve them for aging:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Youssef

Oud Fan
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on for a while, but no worries Oud is still a part of my life I promise haha. So, at the stress workshop I held everyone made "lava rock bracelets" and I wasn't sure what they were, but I made one too. They told me that the beads are made our of porous rock, which absorbs essential oils like a diffuser, so for the past week I've been using it for lavender oil, as its really good for stress, and indeed it does keep the smell of the oil on the bracelet for a very long time. But today I thought that if it works for really light essential oils that it might work for the very thick oud, so I tried some on and I'm telling you it worked like a charm. I just put a drop of oud on my wrist and left the bracelet over it, turning it so that every bead gets a little bit of oil, and now my wrist smells so much stronger as opposed to if I were to wear it on my wrist alone. I haven't worn it all day just yet, but I'm pretty sure that the bracelet will keep the smell of the oil for days, as it's kept lavender oil which usually leaves my wrist after 1 hour on the bracelet for 4 hours, so I'm pretty sure oud will last forever. Just a helpful find for all of you ouddicts out there!

As well, feel free to message me if you'd like to stay in contact, I just really don't have as much time as I used to anymore. :Cry:

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
When you apply an oil and think...why didnt i get more isnt really a nice feeling...I visited ASO Ridhwan after a while and boy what a superb oil this is...it starts off with a ever so gentle barn followed by the smoothest white chocolate rose note in history, which is just beautiful...there on in is a incensy note with slight leather and the drydown is pure sweet Cambodian with a mix with Hindi....i think this was a blend of a few reigons...if anyone has any to swap or sell PM me :thumbsup:

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
When you apply an oil and think...why didnt i get more isnt really a nice feeling...I visited ASO Ridhwan after a while and boy what a superb oil this is...it starts off with a ever so gentle barn followed by the smoothest white chocolate rose note in history, which is just beautiful...there on in is a incensy note with slight leather and the drydown is pure sweet Cambodian with a mix with Hindi....i think this was a blend of a few reigons...if anyone has any to swap or sell PM me :thumbsup:
Me too. the barn is a bit more upfront, having said that it is definitely an integrated barn note. The sweet zingy cambodi is there but the leather and to my nose what I associate as Assamese is fighting for the dominant spot. Nice oil and of high quality. Not ultimately for me to wear as a scent but I enjoy studying it and watch its unfolding.

Last edited:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Ceylon Royale (IO): Yes, it's the Earth Day, and I travelled to the core of the Earth. So, Ceylon Royale is there. No swipe, but excessive sniffing. It is actually Oud Magma- purely intact.

First I wanted to dedicate Viet Zephyr to this day, but, later, minerals that include all dragged me to Ceylon Royale- the all in all sort of Ceylon Oud. For me, this oil is the Core of Oud- Sri Lankan Oud.