Rai Munir

Musk Man
Salams Akhi.

Wood was soaked for some hours and then washed before distillation.
Thanks, brother Abdullah.

A few hour soaking is, for me, unsoaked wood distillation. My parcel having Shahjahan and Bahadur is in transit. Respected Abdullah, you are the master behind these oils, if videos are available, would you please link them here.

I am happy that the wood is also there with the oils. It will be a complete experience.

Abdullah

Thanks, brother Abdullah.

A few hour soaking is, for me, unsoaked wood distillation. My parcel having Shahjahan and Bahadur is in transit. Respected Abdullah, you are the master behind these oils, if videos are available, would you please link them here.

I am happy that the wood is also there with the oils. It will be a complete experience.

This was done so there was no chance of any dirt or anything like that going into the pot.

Master akhi? The more I learn the less I know. I feel this is a lifelong journey.

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
EO jsl after a long hiatus.

The opening as before is yusuf with more green veg, mint, patchouli but not camphorous notes. The mid is where things get exciting and a very strong chlorophyll (sencha/gyokuro tea) note comes out and makes sure the wearer notices it. Along with it, the mid brings bitter notes that help take the fruit. It is objectively speaking a terrific complex and arguably finest organic oil I have tried to date. For whatever reason I don’t crave it the way I do with so many other oils. Fingers crossed I come around and can enjoy this like I used to in the very beginning of my artisanal Oud journey.

Nikhil S

Resident Reviewer
Revisiting Hudhayl by Al Shareef Today. This sample has thickened in scent. Dense sweet mineralic, bitter cocoa-coffee opening of Bengali Agar similar to the lovely opening of Star Oud by TO. Its barny yet so delicious. The Oil turns sweeter with time and develops a slightly sharpish tone. Or maybe the weather is just too hot. Performance is insane. I am familiar with its sweet drydown which is quite lovable. Revisiting this scent was a great experience. Definitely a great Hindi Oil to have. A thick full bodied syrupy Hindi. Not a ultra-chic one. Old school and ideal for aging.

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
Al Malek Al Maliyzi (Al Shareef). Have only a little sample of this so use it only occasionally. Today, it started as a high-frequency coniferous-eucalyptusy profile with an incensey base, in the vein of Blue Malayu or Sumatra Q-Tiq from FeelOud, but denser deeper and darker, green-black smelling rather than blue. It's getting deeper and more resinous with time, and it's really smooth and refined. Funny, the scent is elusive if I sniff the application spot (collarbone) directly, but if I just go about my business waves of Malaysian goodness keep emanating. :Geek::Inlove: I love experiencing that.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Revisiting Hudhayl by Al Shareef Today. This sample has thickened in scent. Dense sweet mineralic, bitter cocoa-coffee opening of Bengali Agar similar to the lovely opening of Star Oud by TO. Its barny yet so delicious. The Oil turns sweeter with time and develops a slightly sharpish tone. Or maybe the weather is just too hot. Performance is insane. I am familiar with its sweet drydown which is quite lovable. Revisiting this scent was a great experience. Definitely a great Hindi Oil to have. A thick full bodied syrupy Hindi. Not a ultra-chic one. Old school and ideal for aging.

I smelt once a sample of it bro' I did'nt get this but rather silky smooth barn opening, dusty classy leather with rose petals, chocolaty tobacco dry down from my memory but maybe I forgot.

I found it chic tho o_O.
Taste is very personnal ...:praying:

@Habz786
Oooooooooooooo, I wish I tried Oud Dhul Kifl

Today I was drowning in oceanic natural aromas with three hefty swipes of Ambergris tinctures
(medium grey, goldish brown, and apricot hued light grey):Inlove:.........
and then after a nice hot shower, I swiped some Oud Royale Sri Lanka. I’m picking-up refined ambergris notes together with an addictive creamy metallicness that reverberates from my olfactory sense to my brain:Geek:. It’s moments like these that show that Oud is a special substance:Whistling::Whistling::Whistling:

Ammar

True Ouddict
Dhul kifl is basically the son of Oud Ishaq, its one of the first Ouds i fell in love with and purchased as many bottles as i could :Inlove:. Its a Thai from Chanthanburi but you would think its a Cambodian such a lovely profile.
Now Camellia profile is THE Cambodian these days...

Just swiped some Camellia....
White flowers, dark fruit jam, tobacco, and tea.
Some bitterness with resin.
I love tobacco in oud any day:cool:

Camellia smells like the brother of Au Luong, both share an otherworldly........no, not otherworldly, both share an unusual oud scent. Of the two, Camellia is closer to the usual Cambodi profile. It just goes to show that “The Professor” has many tweaks up his sleeve, making unique oils to tease our nostrils:Roflmao: Taha is such an Ouddicti:Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

I wish I had a full bottle of both Camellia and Au Luong, but I wouldn’t classify them as the pinnacle of any region or genre.

Last edited:

hassam mac

True Ouddict
Just swiped some Camellia....
White flowers, dark fruit jam, tobacco, and tea.
Some bitterness with resin.
I love tobacco in oud any day:cool:

Camellia smells like the brother of Au Luong, both share an otherworldly........no, not otherworldly, both share an unusual oud scent. Of the two, Camellia is closer to the usual Cambodi profile. It just goes to show that “The Professor” has many tweaks up his sleeve, making unique oils to tease our nostrils[emoji23] Taha is such an Ouddicti[emoji106][emoji106]
Me too friend,tobacco in oud is amazing,love it,for that reason love Cambodian profile.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk