Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Morning: Three Musks & Mysuru Santal Maceration: Highly nuclear. It nullifies the taboo that Musk aroma stays for an hour or so. For hours and hours with me. I would strongly suggest macerating three Musks, but just in Mysore Santal. You will forget any other itr, attar or oil. But the quantity of grains does matter a lot.

Noon: Sumatran Oud by RBO: Well, The island-ish meruke profile. One who likes merauke, this oil will earn its place. Longevity is exceptional. Very smooth indeed.

Night:
1. A strong Thai Oud (Private Distiller): Loving its wafts that have incense-y touch and dry woody nuances.
2. Kneaded Incense (I myself concocted it): On charcoal, the aroma is a phenomenal combination of salty and sweet trails. Cinnamon soaked in Cardamom, Frankincense and Anise, and Ceylon Santal and Malaysian Oud have given it an esoteric touch.

Now ripples of masculine incense is everywhere, and Thai Oud is lost in these waves.
That neriko sounds awesome. Aged?

Last edited:

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Tonight the soothing gentle hug of Nirvata Muana.

Rooibos vanilla chai latte enjoyed on a stack of dried hay. The milky tea note plus the sweetness of vanilla is unreal and so delicious. I would easily call this a gourmand oil. Not your typical gourmand but one nonetheless.

No other oil from fellow artisans to compare this to. Is a thing of its own. Maybe just maybe 40-50% resemblance to imperia Nagaland but still way more differences

Rai Munir

Musk Man
That neriko sounds awesome. Aged?
Respected and dearest Rasoul, no, not aged yet as I finished the task a couple of weeks before. Last night I heated one to have an experiment. And it worked. Now I have preserved the rest to get aged. God willing, I will heat them on the eve of Eid al Azha'a.

In fact, quality raw material is within my access without any effort. So, now I am inclined to satiate my longing by making Neriko incense balls, blends and macerations as per my taste. Got fed up with monotonous aromas.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Laos Classic (IO) & Frankincense Vanilla Attar (Tyson): First, swiped Laos. The oil is true to its DNA. No cool breeze and ocean water, but life giving sun is there. When the package was arrived months before, I didn't pay attention to this oil. Price! Now the oil is waking up from its slumber and unveiling its enthralling flare.

Later, I layered Tyson's Frank-Vanilla Attar. Now lemonade and green shades have created affinity with Laotian fire. Paradoxes yoked together that I love the most.

For me, nothing is beautiful more than Tyson's blends and oils. Tweak and trick free!

Last edited:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Respected Sproaty, what about Yaqoot? Hudhayl I have tried. Yaqoot will be with me but after some time as I have to acquire that indirectly.

Last edited:

AZsmell

True Ouddict
Finally tried some AA Dao

My first impression....

“Kinam Rouge stripped down to it’s Oudy Core....
and yes....including the Tobacco”

At the moment.....IO Laos Classic

That makes today a LAOS DOUBLE SHOT!!!:D

Dao is the "low end" Laos oil.
Did you get the others?
I agree Dao is great and the others are even better.

Dao is the "low end" Laos oil.
Did you get the others?
I agree Dao is great and the others are even better.

Just the Dao...
I didn’t get the other two.
It is the low end of the trio,
but it is the “Cheat Grade”.
Lovingly crafted by the Professor,
Therefore..... I like it!
Sure I wish it had a volume knob,
so I could “pump up the volume:Whistling:”,
especially “pump up the tobacco”,
but every sniff is worth it for the love of sheer
oudiness and Artisanal Craftsmanship.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Dear Curt, I am always a keen reader of your reviews. Would you please compare both the Laotian oils? I haven't acquired new arrivals yet. I would love to know about your views regarding where lies the difference in both the oils.

Dear Curt, I am always a keen reader of your reviews. Would you please compare both the Laotian oils? I haven't acquired new arrivals yet. I would love to know about your views regarding where lies the difference in both the oils.
Dear Rai
Dao and Laos Classic are very different.
I have a difficult time finding any similarity.
Dao smells like Kinam Rouge off the stick, then upon application, more woody than KRouge. I get a signature of Taha that I also find in Camellia. Any fruitiness is held at bay in the background.
There’s some bitterness with a little airyness, plus sheer oudiness, and tobacco.
The drydown offers something fresh-leaf and citrusy.
The oil is young, so there may be changes.

I can’t swing $$ the other two Laos oils. If you are getting the trio, I will be eagerly awaiting your views:Thumbsup:

Anwar

True Ouddict
I feel that the AA Koh Kood drydown has changed to more of the spicy, warm and creamy Cambodi profile since I first got. Initially, I perceived a more sugery lime finish. Also, I don't find the camphor like I did at first. Out the box it was fruit->camphor and hay->sugar and lemon/lime progression. Now it's fruits and oud wood->oud and subtle animalic->butter cream n' spice (or would you say pipe tobacco) Cambodi profile.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Respected Sproaty, what about Yaqoot? Hudhayl I have tried. Yaqoot will be with me but after some time as I have to acquire that indirectly.

Hi friend, it was a lovely musk straight to the nostrils. I'm very inexperienced with musks so I can't compare it to others, I'm sorry, but it wasn't too pungent and settled very well.

This evening (6pm and I've applied my first swipe of the day!) I am wearing Yunnan Exclusive by EO, it was given as a courtesy sample alongside another order. Perhaps enough for 2 wearings. I am surprised that this is Chinese, lacks the 'medicinal' vibe I thought was associated with ouds from this region - I'd have said this was a Hindi or Assam.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
BOUH-BAH IMPERIAl-Treasure Oud

Just bought their sample pack earlier, looking forward to trying these (all Hindi, IIRC?)
I am testing several oils, as always, and I've taken a rather large swipe of Agarwood Assam's Oud Jiri Jiri. For the price this is an absolute steal! Less than £60 for 2.5ml of a fantastic smelling oil. You couldn't ask for more.