EHV

Oud Fan
@Rasoul Salehi ; I am looking forward to your reviews of these unreleased or soon to be released oils!

I know that Ensar holds back on some and some even go unreleased but this looks to be the motherload of higer-end unreleased, (as of yet, anyway)oils. I wonder what else he's got in the back room? :)

No Oud of the day or night tonight. Following in the footsteps of brother shabby with a bit of fasting. None tmr either. Next wear will be when I get some new oils via Ensar Oud like in 2-3 days. Naga3000, muana royale, Bhutan red, royal Imphal...

Stay tuned in.

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
@Rasoul Salehi ; I am looking forward to your reviews of these unreleased or soon to be released oils!

I know that Ensar holds back on some and some even go unreleased but this looks to be the motherload of higher-end unreleased, (as of yet, anyway)oils. I wonder what else he's got in the back room? :)

will do. oils shoudl arrive in couple days.

Reactions: EHV

Edward Muller

True Ouddict
Night, the original planned nightly swipe - AA Sultan’s solace

Night, impulse swipe - Lam’ah
Took a swipe after I read on ouddict about Al Shareef’s Lam’ah. Always have thought it was a blend of oud and other materials given the profile - smells something coming out from a niche perfume house. (if memory serves me correct as I don't have the bottle as a side to side comparison - it is like the darker, richer brother of Comme de Garcons ’s Patchouli - the reason why I thought it was an attar [emoji14]). It opens up with a thick layer of jam, patchouli and immortelle - but soon after the oud shines through. Think crassna cha experiment from EO and Kalbar Koh from AA - but a weighted hearty version. Its not airy as of now. Feels like a comforting blanket. There is a distinct Chinese medicine vibe but only as a supporting role. Oil on the thick side, like honey. Hint of wood, and I get whiffs of masculine fougere perfumes impressions ( though quite light, it is teasing in background)
I won't be able to comment on the dry down as it is late here, but I just wanted to share this exciting discovery...
I can't believe it’s not b-attar!

Last edited:

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Thanks to @F4R1d0uX for the oud sniffing session! was very interesting :)

Now, back to my crazy testing sessions! Trying some new arrivals (of samples), Oud Star by Treasure Oud & Midori Qi by Ensar.

You re the most welcome !
Not bad at all for someone new to oud :clapping: congrats !

Earlier today
FO Tawau al Awwal,
this turned out to be an oudy oud with a nice Sabah profile, should have gotten more than one:Whistling:

Then later I swiped EO OR 85
In general (based on younger Sumatran oils), I like the Sumatran oud profile, true, it has a piercing opening, but opens to some lovely sorta fruits (I am at a lack to properly describe it because at the moment I don’t want to say otherwordly:Roflmao::Roflmao:)
With OR85.....that goodness is there but tamed by many years of aging, so it is always a pleasure to swipe OR 85.
If anyone has Feel-oud’s Virgin Sumatra Island, I would love to hear your impression.

EHV

Oud Fan
ASO-Aasiya

It's gotten even better in the few months that I've owned it. Deeper with the initial, slight cheesiness disappearing.
I liked it initially and now, I love it.

Edit to add: the initial off putting note(s) may have been because I tried the oil too soon after transit. This has happened to me many times so I usually hold off for a few days before even trying an oil from a vial or bottle. I have read that others here have experienced that too.

Last edited:

Edward Muller

True Ouddict
ASO-Aasiya

It's gotten even better in the few months that I've owned it. Deeper with the initial, slight cheesiness disappearing.
I liked it initially and now, I love it.

Edit to add: the initial off putting note(s) may have been because I tried the oil too soon after transit. This has happened to me many times so I usually hold off for a few days before even trying an oil from a vial or bottle. I have read that others here have experienced that too.

@EHV, do you know why that is? I m curious to understand the reason behind that (oil smelling different after transit)

EHV

Oud Fan
No, not specifically. I can speculate that all of the tumbling and moving around plus the temperature changes, etc. that it goes through on it's journey play a part but I have no scientific explanation. Other users have mentioned this many times as well but I've never seen a proper explanation.
At this point, I just accept it and restrain from testing anything that I've just received for a few days. That's not easy!!! :)

@EHV, do you know why that is? I m curious to understand the reason behind that (oil smelling different after transit)

Edward Muller

True Ouddict
No, not specifically. I can speculate that all of the tumbling and moving around plus the temperature changes, etc. that it goes through on it's journey play a part but I have no scientific explanation. Other users have mentioned this many times as well but I've never seen a proper explanation.
At this point, I just accept it and restrain from testing anything that I've just received for a few days. That's not easy!!! :)

Hahaha for sure! Every time a parcel comes in, it feels like mah burfdayyyyyy.