Anwar

True Ouddict
Before Al-Jumu^ah, Borneo sample from m.arif.

After As-Salah, sold a bottle of AWI North Kalimantan. For me it had been, in the past, clove-mint-honey-black pepper. And maybe a brightness you'd associate with ginger. Hadn't smelled it in a while though. It's new owner swiped me, having come back after a sample from nearly a year ago, when I used to stand on the corner trying to sell hundred-dollar bottles of oud to whoever walked by in a market where people are used to $5 bottles of oil or even $3. The oil has aged interestingly. No pepper note. Slightly brighter, and the clove is morphing taking on some star anise. More beautiful. A head turner. But I had to watch it go. The pleasures of this world are fleeting.

Evening swipe. AA Koh Kood.

Morning...
EO Sultan Mujeeb
This oil is so potent and a masterpiece distillation, that I also think the wood used was off-the-charts!
(my personal opinion)
I wonder if the Port Moresby Privée chips is the same batch.

Noon...
RBO Koh Kong
The boozey opening is nifty:)

Afternoon
EO Oud Royale 1985
A Sumatran that stood the test of time.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Ceylon Royale (IO)
Green Papua (EO)

Now the aroma is perfect. CR lacks sheeny oceanic depth that I always live in GP, and GP lacks transcendental vertical height that I experience in CR. So, layering both creates mystery.

Now the fragrance is beyond green and bitter notes. It is all 'OUD' now.

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Ceylon Royale (IO)
Green Papua (EO)

Now the aroma is perfect. CR lacks sheeny oceanic depth that I always live in GP, and GP lacks transcendental vertical height that I experience in CR. So, layering both creates mystery.

Now the fragrance is beyond green and bitter notes. It is all 'OUD' now.
Never thought of layering these despite it making sense. Thnx for the inspiration.

Reactions: EHV

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Kinam rouge EO

More cambodi/Vietnam border smelling this evening. All dressed in red of course. Bitter medicinal tea notes and those psychedelic cambodi notes found in oils like agar aura kuzen/kanzen and ksk. More kuzen in aromatic profile but more fine like Kanzen. And bitter medicinal narcotic tobacco like KSK.

Except here the opening is a few times rounder and the base is deeper. It smells aged and better balanced which I really enjoy specially at night time.

Edward Muller

True Ouddict
Oud of the night
Archinam - EO
This smells like a collection various EO oils.
I have a sample of purple Kinam and it indeed bear some resemblance - but it’s not as satisfying as the real thing... more purple than Kinam. I don’t get the rush from Archinam, but I do from Purple Kinam.
According to EO - it smells like PM as well, but since I haven’t had the chance to smell that yet, I wouldn’t be able to comment.
Regarding the association with Green Papua - I actually don’t get that at all. To me Green Papua is very foresty... I get zero imagery of that when I smell Archinam.
What I love is that the oil has a soft beautiful woody side to it - it is light but it’s there at the back. I am not sure if it’s Tigerwood or Oud Ahmed that I am associating it with. Will have to re-try the two sometime in the future. But then again - if it reminds me of those two great oils... do I really need it ?
I have mixed feelings towards this oil - on one hand it smells absolutely addictive, and it has depth and very likeable with no off notes - and I do find myself reaching for the sample a lot. On the other hand, it does smells very familiar - a little too familiar, like a greatest hit mashup. Will I get a bottle of this ? Yes definitely - but I m hoping this oil will be around for Black Friday [emoji51]

Last edited:

EHV

Oud Fan
EO-People's Ceylon

Sri Lankan and New Guinea. I get more NG than SL but the SL at the top is stunning and later on it balances the NG, which makes it less "forresty" than some other NG oils as well as more "sparkly"/crystalline.

A solid oil and I'm glad that I acquired some before it sold out.

EO-People's Ceylon

Sri Lankan and New Guinea. I get more NG than SL but the SL at the top is stunning and later on it balances the NG, which makes it less "forresty" than some other NG oils as well as more "sparkly"/crystalline.

A solid oil and I'm glad that I acquired some before it sold out.
The People’s Ceylon has been Revamped:Cooler:

For this morning, I’m out and about with People’s Sultan.
Trat and PNG,
For it’s price point ($160), I feel okay with it.
Nothing spectacular, but for oudy perfume...it remains in my “Rotation”:thumbsup:

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Green Papua

The People’s Ceylon has been Revamped:Cooler:

For this morning, I’m out and about with People’s Sultan.
Trat and PNG,
For it’s price point ($160), I feel okay with it.
Nothing spectacular, but for oudy perfume...it remains in my “Rotation”:thumbsup:

what's different in the revamp ? That's the one I have

When People’s Ceylon was first released, I distinctly remember reading the description in the EO website. It did mention the addition of Kyen, and that’s what prevented me from pulling the trigger on that oil. I am not a fan of the Kyen.

Now when the revamp was released, my first thought was that it’s a “re-release”. You know how some oils are sold out, but not really, vendors may want to stash some away for certain purposes. I figured, the doors were opened once again on that oil. I venture to guess that the PC-PCrevamp are one and the same. Subsequently I did purchase a sample of the PCrevamp.......well......I revamped it straight into my blend called Multi-Oud, which by the way I just swiped an hour ago. After a week and the Multi-Oud is still constantly changing. I guess the scent molecules are not yet settling their differences amongst themselves:eek::Cautious:

Right now though, I swiped EO Oud Mostafa 4
A real Show-Stopper:Whistling:

jalil

Oud bully
the delicious ouddiness of a privat reserve brunei oil from my brother @F4R1d0uX :Inlove: