Rai Munir

Musk Man
Oud Borneo: Nowadays, Borneo profile is what haunts me. Drizzling in wilderness! No trees, but half dried wild grass, and the soil un-tilled. Not classical profile, but modern. A faintest glimpse of perfume is always there in all Borneo oils that I like whenever I need a break from classical Oud as such.

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Super quick off vial only impressions of some Ensar Oud legends procured via the one of a kind @bhanny

Sultan Abdul Hamit (NG borneo co distill)
Sultan it is. Right off the bat no doubt about it. If there was ever one oil that smells like walking with resin rich borneo wood bubbling under your skin, this is it. Elements of Aroha and duhl q here. Temp curve? Other technique before distilling? Doesn’t matter. That’s what the scent is. A green jungly oceanic yet ethereal oil with a lightly smoky caramleized toasted Woody note. I bet the drydown is nuts. Another day

Sultan beyazit (NG only)
Another clearly sultan style oil. Same signature of all other sultan oils. I am getting tons of floral and tropical fruits here. That sweet sour tropical fruit note mixed with salty oceanic virgin island vibe. High pitched. If I didn’t know origin I would have thought perhaps a 5% walla in there.

Kannan koh (malay)
It shares the same dna as Ahmad, even twr and yes hints of purple kinam. This is one bad ass old school oil. I will cherish its fumes. Even just off the vial and without ever wearing it, I get tons of ooomph and pleasure from it. Words don’t fit. When we hear Oud is gone. Oud is thing of past. It is oud like this that vendors mean. So much heart. What a base. Deep deep deep. I bet even mustard grain size wear will be enough to deliver a knock out punch. A wow oil for seasoned wearers but I think even newbies will fall off their chairs.

Kambodi 76
Take kinam rouge mr nhek and basically that narcotic medicinal tobacco dressed all in RED and add actual kinam to it. Mineral rich, Mother Earth, spiced cherry and kinam laced Shisha tobacco leaves. An oil to study. A philosophers oil. Very special.

Best for last
Kynam emerald (malay)
I found this oil spoke to me the most. Yes. More than all above. I am floored by its complexity and beauty. A rare breed oil. this is not from this earth.

Immediately I see port moresbey. Other oils may come close to PM but to match it, this may be only oil to date. PM with a more resin and ancient feel. I don’t get any malay notes other than the behavior and the energy it emits. I need to wear this one again and again and figure out its secrets. Off vial I don’t get ambergris or beached whale or really anything that would be more than subtle oceanic note. Perhaps it opens up on skin to reveal that.

Rasoul Salehi

True Ouddict
Loved kynam emerald so much that wore it an hour after i wrote the above.

In the early stages, a subtle flash of purple kinam came and gone a couple times. Then a spicier and touch sweeter port moresbey note settled. Elements of archinam felt. The green here is not one or two or three but many many shades darker than Papuan and most New Guinea oils. And the kinam buzz is so notIcable that it actually manifests as a mind buzz. Narcotic even.

The drydown note is Tigerwood in its quality. Most unique malay yet and I really wana know how much of it is method vs raw material. And if mostly result of raw material how one we haven’t seen any other malay like it. I mean kannan koh is somewhat unique but still bring to mind twr and Ahmad and malek malayzi.

And before I forget, from Brian and phil’s Notes couple or so years back, I was expecting a far saltier and more funky (referenced to beached whale or ambergris ) but I don’t get it. I see sea spray but I know many wallas that are saltier and more oceanic.

Has the oil settled since then or my nose not detecting it? Or at least, I am not detecting it yet. I doubt it, cause I am super sensitive to this note and actually I dig it but not enough of it here to register for me.

Grega

True Ouddict
I have noticed that just like with everything else in life I enjoy fragrances through contrasts. After wearing some wonderful slightly sweet attar blend samples for days, which I enjoyed immensely, I got a craving for something straightforward, bitter. What better than a Borneo Oud to quench the thirst. Sabah Beginning has that continuous smooth depth that is irresistible. I detect no off-putting notes and while there are a few layers here they all work together. Fresh, vigorous, sweet grass meadows and bitter leaves.

Grega

True Ouddict
Oud Borneo: Nowadays, Borneo profile is what haunts me. Drizzling in wilderness! No trees, but half dried wild grass, and the soil un-tilled. Not classical profile, but modern. A faintest glimpse of perfume is always there in all Borneo oils that I like whenever I need a break from classical Oud as such.
I know what you mean. This grassy wilderness scent is what makes the Borneos I tried a perfect oil to enjoy in contrast to attar blends and Hindi Ouds.

Shabby

Ruh Khus by Imperial Oud, a deep and dense khus, exactly how I like it. But, oh how it will be with age - and I don't mean 2 years, I mean 20. It will be magnificent I'm sure! Having said that, even now it is one of the best khus oils I have sampled.

As for the Mysore Sandal 2014, it is perfect for blends. The price is almost absurd. From what I have smelled the musk macerations which were sold by Faheem earlier were done in this oil, and it works very well.

bhanny

Oud Fan
Loved kynam emerald so much that wore it an hour after i wrote the above.

In the early stages, a subtle flash of purple kinam came and gone a couple times. Then a spicier and touch sweeter port moresbey note settled. Elements of archinam felt. The green here is not one or two or three but many many shades darker than Papuan and most New Guinea oils. And the kinam buzz is so notIcable that it actually manifests as a mind buzz. Narcotic even.

The drydown note is Tigerwood in its quality. Most unique malay yet and I really wana know how much of it is method vs raw material. And if mostly result of raw material how one we haven’t seen any other malay like it. I mean kannan koh is somewhat unique but still bring to mind twr and Ahmad and malek malayzi.

And before I forget, from Brian and phil’s Notes couple or so years back, I was expecting a far saltier and more funky (referenced to beached whale or ambergris ) but I don’t get it. I see sea spray but I know many wallas that are saltier and more oceanic.

Has the oil settled since then or my nose not detecting it? Or at least, I am not detecting it yet. I doubt it, cause I am super sensitive to this note and actually I dig it but not enough of it here to register for me.
Yeah, I think ole Phil had a bit more visceral reaction than I. I always felt it was more of a crystalline tropical sea water feel vs the whale effect. Port Moresby plus Tigerwood with a smack of Kynam.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Oud Malinau: Yes, wild wood has the reflection of divinity, so does this oil reflect that. Relaxing and hypnotic. Liquefied lush pastures and meadows . Again, a perfect profile to enjoy break from every inch a Hindi Oud.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
That’s one way to look at it and in fact, a way that I’ve looked at it that made me avoid Borneo agarwood oils; well that and the opens beautiful then collapses into a wet cardboard aroma that plagues so many Borneo oils I’ve tried.

But alas, there is hope. Agarwood oils like HabzOud’s Alamin Malinau, Ensar Oud’s Borneo Diesel (White Kynam), AgarAura’s Royal Malinau and Kencana, are oils that defy the pretty but boring Borneo and demonstrates that they can be rich, oudy and satisfying.
Spot on, Sir. That's why I said it my favourite fragrance during a break from Hindi Oud oils and Musk. No doubt, the oils you have mentioned are outstanding, and two oils that I haven't tried must be legendary as well.

In fact, such sort of Oud oils, some how or other consciously or unconsciously, connects one to Western perfumes. While Hindi Oud annihilates everything, and not just reorients, but recreates olfactorial sensibility. It is a painful creative process to dynamite past with one's own hand by a single swipe.

Now I am looking for some new Borneo, Malinau, etc., not the ones gone with the wind. But I strongly wish as well they may not be TechnOud,

hedycent

True Ouddict
Handling high grade raw agarwood is a pleasure, it's form and density are food for the soul. The scent from a generous portion of such wood is immediately transportive, centring and elevatory, without any discord. Adan presents this rarified scent faithfully. It opens at the dawn of raw wood, gracefully developing expansive serenity. Oil and wood are no longer a duality.

Joe King

AttitOud
Joe have u tried the new releases from feel oud

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 dual sim using Tapatalk
I have a bottle of VSI which is very nice, it reminds me a bit of Sabah Beginning but with an island twist and a sample of 777 which is a trat oil with barn and dark fruits also quite nice.