Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
IO new Cambodi oil and it is right up my street. It falls in the same category as ouds like Dhul Kifl, Ishaq, Cambodi black ateeq, KZ Cambodi classic. Dark thick profile plums, figs, prunes, chocolate, honey, antique woods, little smoke and a real woody core. It lasts ages a great oil really liking this one.....

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
Al rubaie

Hands down one of the most horizontally and vertically complex oils ever. This evening even more complex than Kinam Rouge. Total shape shifter.
. . . .
@Al Shareef Oudh if you can let go of a tiny bit more of this oil, I would love to have it. Pls dm or email me.

What a marvelous oil.

+1,000

Al Ruba’ie may not be able to be replicated in it’s entirety, but the brains behind the distillation could certainly make a similar oil.......
“Al Ruba’ie Revamp”:)

Great idea Curt! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
+1,000,000

Curt you are tempting me! :Geek::Laugh:

+1,000,000,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Al Ruba'ie is definitely on a different level, a sequel would be wonderful! ;):Thumbsup::Geek:

Al Ruba'ie is definitely on a different level, a sequel would be wonderful!

A sequel?
Two sequels!:cool:
One as good as the first, and another more affordable batch so that a wider audience may watch.

Flashback!!!
When I first read about Al Ruba’ie @ASO
I was almost shocked to learn that the bulk of the oil was twice-cooked:eek:
I thought “there goes all the nuance”:Cautious:
Sure......top notes were lost, but the result was brilliant, not off putting.

Other Artisans veered towards Purists, but creativity, and well-guided crafting, can produce a wonderful oud as we see in Al Ruba’ie.
I would even speculate, that the technique employed by ASO in crafting Al Ruba’ie would make a darn good oil from a lesser grade of wood, organic even, as long as it is from those regions.

kooolaid79

AgarAura’s Tokusen Tai this morning.
This oil is a complete different Thai oil, which is not your normal Thai oil.
The likes of which are closer in resemblance to medicine Vietnam oils. Incense like notes in the beginning.
The peppery notes which shoot out in the middle of the wear is something I haven’t experienced with other oils.
Truly a Royal oil without the Royal name.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Oud Yunan by IO
Oud Assam by RBO
Oud Malay (Private Distiller)
Aroha by EO

All are wild Agarwood oils. Oud Assam has snubbed the rest of oils, or better say it touched the victory line a second before the rest of oils. Oud Malay is so smooth and balanced that I always found in Malay wild Oud oils. Aroha is as usual what it is famous for- more smoke, less Oud. Oud Yunan is a newly released oil, but it is well cured. It is a beautiful addition in non-Hindi Oud oils.

It is really an ordeal to grasp the niceties of all oils at the same time. When the olfactory is caressed by Malay wafts, that are having the other nuances as well, it seems to be wearing a perfect blend. But Assam is always there to lead the others. It would have been rather balanced if I had worn one, either Aroha or Assam.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
on one hand is Si Lani by Feel Oud. I think this is waaaaaaaay too smokey, and from reading around on here it seems that's the consensus here too.
On the other is an attar by Imperial Oud called Al Lail which I think may be unreleased? I was sent a bit along with my first ever purchase from them (back in April I believe!)

Oud Yunan by IO
Oud Assam by RBO
Oud Malay (Private Distiller)
Aroha by EO

All are wild Agarwood oils. Oud Assam has snubbed the rest of oils, or better say it touched the victory line a second before the rest of oils. Oud Malay is so smooth and balanced that I always found in Malay wild Oud oils. Aroha is as usual what it is famous for- more smoke, less Oud. Oud Yunan is a newly released oil, but it is well cured. It is a beautiful addition in non-Hindi Oud oils.

It is really an ordeal to grasp the niceties of all oils at the same time. When the olfactory is caressed by Malay wafts, that are having the other nuances as well, it seems to be wearing a perfect blend. But Assam is always there to lead the others. It would have been rather balanced if I had worn one, either Aroha or Assam.

You're slowly turning into me! But muskier, of course.

IO Nagaland Imperiale on the left
IO Pai Sia Kan on the right

Difficult to prefer one over the other,
both nice,
..........................okay..... I’ll give the edge to PSK,
but you have to love barn, and know how to smell it properly (hint: smelling distance is important)

rojas

Honey drenched creamy cinnamon
Forest floor after a light drizzle
Cool breeze
Tea notes
Wet tobacco leaves

After a glorious opening settles into a masculine tobacco honey and soft leathers

Nagaland imperiale.

kooolaid79

AA’s Basic Hindi this morning. This oil was relatively cheaper then the other offerings but doesn’t disappoint at all in reflection and depth. It reminds me of all the non barn Hindi’s offered by AgarAura including the H1. A oil which could be worn at anytime and enjoyed throughout the day. I am fortunate to have bought multiple bottles of this oil and while the higher end oils could be used for special occasions, this one reminds me not to ignore and enjoy this on a more everyday basis.