Dismiss Notice
We are in the middle of changing the user interface of the forum to make it easier to navigate, eliminate some bugs in the previous template and expand the forum functionality in the future.
Dismiss Notice
VOTING NOW OPEN FOR OUD AND NATURAL PERFUME OF THE YEAR 2017! PLEASE VOTE IN BOTH POLLS. THANK YOU.

Oud Photos

Discussion in 'Photos' started by jalil, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Ouddict

Ouddict Administrator

Absolutely superb posts here... so good to see on this forum.

Mandeel AlMandeel and Rai Munir like this.
  2. oudlover

oudlover Oudologist Staff Member

Thanks for sharing the pic respected Ria Munir. This is the first time I am seeing Rose Wax. Absolutely beautiful pic and I bet it smells heavenly.

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  3. VPhong

VPhong Oud Tea

Beautiful pictures dear Rai Munir. Thank you for sharing.

4. ParadiseofOils

ParadiseofOils Resident Artisan

Beautiful pics brother Rai Munir. Absolutely stunning. Can only imagine what the scent is like. Thanks for sharing

5. Habz786

Habz786 tcidduO Staff Member

373937_10151081129694835_1316375758_n.jpg

Aquilaria tree with termite infestation

6. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Beautiful.

But, may God bless us from would-be oud-termite-y resin aroma generation:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:. If it becomes so, it will replace kyara-ism.

7. Ammar Ali

Ammar Ali Just Arrived

Where is the photo of this build brother?

8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

New Macerations & Blends: Well, the day I received Tyson's Hojari Frankincense, I made up my mind to blend this super class Loban in Musk and Sri Lankan maceration, and some other Occidental Oud oils. This Frankincense is overwhelmingly stunning. The result I got is really transporting and sensational.

1. Willpatu Sri Lankan Oud (IO) + Siberian Musk+ Sandal K Aira (FO)+ Din Dan (FO)+ Hojari Frankincense (Tyson): I deliberately blended Indonesian Sandal oil because of the great quality of Tyson's Frankincense. Otherwise, I am not a big fan of Indonesian Sandal, whosoever offers it. In this maceration and blend, Willpatu is the pivot. I am amazed to have wonderful combination of Sri Lankan Oud and Frankincense. I had sensed that this Frankincense won't let me feel the absence of Mysore Sandal, and it really didn't let me feel so. Now just stirring and shaking. NO HEATING AT ALL.

2. Frankincense (Tyson)+ Mysore Sandal (IO)+ Kashmiri and Siberian Musk+ Archipelago (EO)+ Green Papua (EO): Well, first time I macerated both Kashmiri and Siberian grains. Sweet green Ouds suit Musk a lot. But Archipelago has intrinsic heavy aroma that Frankincense will tone down. Now just stirring. NO HEATING AT ALL.

This maceration is Frankincense based. Just minutest quantity of Tyson's Frankincense is enough as the aroma is incredibly clean, neat, smooth and elevating.

Within a couple of days, I will receive Tibetan Musk, And have decided to macerate Tibetan (0.5 g), Kahmiri (0.5 g) and Siberian (0.5 g) grains in 10 ml Mysore Sandal. But this time, I will try to make paste of the grains first, and then macerate them in Mysore Sandal.

PS: BUT FIRST I WILL WRITE MY FINDINGS ABOUT THE QUALITY OF AROMA. KAHMIRI VS SIBERIAN VS TIBETAN.

Pictures of the New Macerations 1 & 2 :
    Willpatu.jpg
    Archipelago.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 11:19 PM

Promote Oud!