image.jpg Some lovely goodies from IO today

I'm jealous! :Devilish: lol :Roflmao:

The color of sri lakan oil are really unique...

hasans1412

Resident Artisan
This has been a long awaited post that I said I was going to share during the basenote days. Just before that, credit goes out to @Oud_learner for sharing his collection recently, a work of passion and dedication, nothing less! Mine is just to show you guy’s you can do something nice for your collection on the cheap and quick.

But firstly, my thanks goes out to all those vendors out there who were willing to sell samples as during my University years it was either a hard earned sample vial or nothing! And of course a generous basenote member who gave away a good portion of his samples! Don’t be fooled by the samples, although I have many I unfortunately don’t have much full bottles. And more importantly, a lot of you guys and gals out there are better trained with your nose than myself that I do not doubt.

If anyone’s interested in putting together something similar, maybe I can do a quick write up. All the parts, or rather items are from eBay and easily accessible.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

hasans1412

Resident Artisan
"Then which of your Lords favours will you deny" thats the best part of the box! The samples look great nice neat setup, i look foward to having a session with you some day. What was the total cost of the setup?

Although I was quite obsessive, I would say around about £30 should do it. You can change the size of the plates to fit sample vials or full bottles.

hasans1412

Resident Artisan
ماشاء الله that is beautiful! Would love to know how you made that and what materials you used!

This is a basic build-up of the box. You will need a box and few well culture plates or lip stick holder plate and you are sorted. The rest are extras.

The one I made, I used a wooden box, lined the inside with suede fabric and the outer lid with faux leather fabric. Since I only needed a little of the fabric, just asked the seller to do me a slightly bigger size sample sheets they were offering.

The next step is to get 1M of battery powered LED strip and attach to the sides with the battery supply attached to the lid with Velcro style adhesive.

Next I used 5 of 48 (sample vials) and 1 of 96 (centrifuge vials) Cell Culture Plate and glued them one (needed to trim the edges as my box was slightly small to fit them nicely). The holes are slightly bigger for the thin sample vials and okish for the normal sample vial, so I decided to use a bit of blue-tac with each vials to hold in place nicely and moving about the box still keeps the vials upright at the exact same place. You can also get a lip stick holder in you want to place a 3ml bottles (please check the sizes for yourself).

And last but not least a engraved metal with my own message, a reminder for myself.

My one costed material wise per say around £40. If you plan for something smaller then probably half the price. It helps if you do DIY stuff yourself, like spare fabrics and glues and etc… Also if you order from China, you can get the costs down as well.

Wooden Box – £13.88
Led Strip 1M – £3.95
Faux Leather Fabric – 99p
Suede Fabric – 99p
48 Well Culture Plate £3.75
96 Well Culture Plate £3.99
Engraved Metal Plate £1.75
* For example - Lip Stick Holder £6.99