Oud Photos

Discussion in 'Photos' started by jalil, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ParadiseofOils

ParadiseofOils Resident Artisan

Beautiful pics brother Rai Munir. Absolutely stunning. Can only imagine what the scent is like. Thanks for sharing

2. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

373937_10151081129694835_1316375758_n.jpg

Aquilaria tree with termite infestation

3. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Beautiful.

But, may God bless us from would-be oud-termite-y resin aroma generation:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:. If it becomes so, it will replace kyara-ism.

4. Ammar Ali

Ammar Ali Whats this Oud About?

Where is the photo of this build brother?

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  5. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

New Macerations & Blends: Well, the day I received Tyson's Hojari Frankincense, I made up my mind to blend this super class Loban in Musk and Sri Lankan maceration, and some other Occidental Oud oils. This Frankincense is overwhelmingly stunning. The result I got is really transporting and sensational.

1. Willpatu Sri Lankan Oud (IO) + Siberian Musk+ Sandal K Aira (FO)+ Din Dan (FO)+ Hojari Frankincense (Tyson): I deliberately blended Indonesian Sandal oil because of the great quality of Tyson's Frankincense. Otherwise, I am not a big fan of Indonesian Sandal, whosoever offers it. In this maceration and blend, Willpatu is the pivot. I am amazed to have wonderful combination of Sri Lankan Oud and Frankincense. I had sensed that this Frankincense won't let me feel the absence of Mysore Sandal, and it really didn't let me feel so. Now just stirring and shaking. NO HEATING AT ALL.

2. Frankincense (Tyson)+ Mysore Sandal (IO)+ Kashmiri and Siberian Musk+ Archipelago (EO)+ Green Papua (EO): Well, first time I macerated both Kashmiri and Siberian grains. Sweet green Ouds suit Musk a lot. But Archipelago has intrinsic heavy aroma that Frankincense will tone down. Now just stirring. NO HEATING AT ALL.

This maceration is Frankincense based. Just minutest quantity of Tyson's Frankincense is enough as the aroma is incredibly clean, neat, smooth and elevating.

Within a couple of days, I will receive Tibetan Musk, And have decided to macerate Tibetan (0.5 g), Kahmiri (0.5 g) and Siberian (0.5 g) grains in 10 ml Mysore Sandal. But this time, I will try to make paste of the grains first, and then macerate them in Mysore Sandal.

PS: BUT FIRST I WILL WRITE MY FINDINGS ABOUT THE QUALITY OF AROMA. KAHMIRI VS SIBERIAN VS TIBETAN.

Pictures of the New Macerations 1 & 2 :
    Willpatu.jpg
    Archipelago.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  6. saint458

saint458 Whats this Oud About?

7. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@saint458 lovely jubbly may Allah SWT grant you more and those will keep your nose busy...do share your thoughts on the oils

Ashfaque and saint458 like this.
  8. saint458

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen ... :clapping:

Habz786 likes this.
  9. Tarik

Tarik Junior Member

Masha Allah
    Awesome.

saint458 likes this.
  10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Great into great. (Maza'a aagaya tasveer deikh kei : The very sight of pic is full of sincere joy)!

19 bottles (2.5 grams each)
    3 vial (might be 0.5 g each)
    1 sample (0.15 g)

And all are high frequency Oud oils. Clearly manifests refined leanings.

Certain oils in 2 separate sturdy glass bottles:Cautious: :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Respected saint458, really beautiful.

How's your experience regarding oil in plastic vials, whatever the technical name is for these four vials?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  11. Tarik

Tarik Junior Member

Masha Allah
    There are only odd numbers
    Lol

12. saint458

No I'm NOT ! You are one of the respected ones ... Bade mia to aap i hain ji ! hum khush nasib hai ke dekh ke aap ko maza ayaa. Shukran ...

Actually this was my latest order from Agar Aura. The picture was captured by Taha himself through high-res camera in his house before packaging/shipping on my request. Teaser/promo ke daur pe ha ha. The package of these will arrive in here hopefully at 8th march 2018 in sha Allah.

Pilipinas 1 - Royal Malinau & Maluku _ these are tops of top oils. Syed's Ascent -Au Luong & others follow the trail. Many of these are most recent hand cooked oils by Taha. Many of them were not publicly released yet. Some of them were completely sold out before release.

From far left those 2 vials are vietnamese _ Hansei & Wanmei. Very potent vietnamese ones. Kiyosumi smells green kyara _ these 2 smells black kyara.

3rd one is from a test batch distilled from wood collected from Sumba island. You can remember Sultan Abdus Selam EO which was distilled from Sumba/NG. This one smells more like a musky Port Moresby (!).

4th one is Khmer Special K v2 Taha calls it 'Cambodian Heaven' which contains 30%+ sinking grade woods. Certainly the most expensive & best cambodi ever from Taha.

These are for sampling (* but I've already decided to buy full bottles of those.) Aur woh jo sample _ ye mera nehi hai bhai kisi aur ka hai ghalati se hamari package me aa gaya. khair kya kare ... taha said ye free me mil gaya alhamdu Lillah!)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  13. saint458

@Rai Munir

Forgot to mention that these are actually lab standard polypropylene vials ... not conventional plastic.
    Is me Oud bilkul mehfuz rahte hain badal ta nehin _ yaane ke koi khatra nehi.
    Koi applicator nehi hota is me yehi ek mushkil ... toothpick istemaal karna hota hai.

For more imformation : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polypropylene

14. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Respected and dearest saint458, deeply pleased to read you, and specifically read you writing Urdu:Roflmao:.
    Pilipinas: Of course the wood will be from the same region, and at the moment precious and costlier Oudwood it is. Ultimately, the oil would definitely be great. Congrats! No doubt, Mr Taha's signature present into the very nucleus of oil affirms the quality of oil.

"one smells more like a musky ... ", this 'muskiness' has always been a riddle for me. I tried my best to have some muskiness in any Oud oil, but my efforts remained fruitless. And Port Moresby is just a name for me. I wish someone could define and describe this.

Your goodness smells sweet everywhere on both the forums. Always poised and sagacious. Stay blessed evermore.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  15. hasans1412

hasans1412 Resident Artisan

16. Ammar Ali

Ammar Ali Whats this Oud About?

17. rojas

rojas Junior Member

18. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

rojas likes this.
  19. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

An illustration of the “qawm-i ‘atr saz,” the caste of the perfume makers from India
    20180319_085423.png

jalil, rojas and Rai Munir like this.
  20. rojas

rojas Junior Member

Munir bhai glad you like this ! Thankyou !
    Yes the pic is a treat to the eyes and the oil to the senses !!!

Habz786 and Rai Munir like this.

Promote Oud!