MzM

Oud King
I
wow nice was also in japan some years ago, but was just at a tea ceremony ;/
was also at mikura (isle in japan) where you can swim with wild dolphins.
there are so many dolphins and they like to nudge you from behind.
the babies always swin with the mothers and the males swim with the males.
I hung out with Japanese monkeys in Kyoto, could not make it to Nara park for the free roaming deer

halim

Oud Relax
salam alaykoom ekhwah

can any one say me where i can buy great oud wood sinking or very great for good price any adress or something thanks to all

and i want to know when some one buy wood why put in water ? do this with all ou wood ? its a mistake to put directly in the burner without put in water before?

Last edited:

hasans1412

Resident Artisan
salam alaykoom ekhwah

and i want to know when some one buy wood why put in water ? do this with all ou wood ? its a mistake to put directly in the burner without put in water before?

Walikum Assalam (May Peace and Blessing be with you too).

If you mean by acually putting them in water, then I guess people only do that with sinking grade woods to confirm they acually does sink. If you mean making the woods wet (sort of still putting them in water...haha) then its a personal taste in which they have found that the wood burns better and gives off a better smell. So I would advise, get a piece of wood, break it in half, heat one of them dry and the other wet and see how you like it :)

IMG_2752.JPG
15 gram Indonesian Chunk by Yamadamatsu.
I got it around 4 years ago at Japan Incense SFO.
Kotaro was kind enough to pull it out of his glass case to offer it to me.

That's a serious piece of wood! (That's what she said...? ;p)
Lol:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
Wow brother ! What a serious piece !
Did you dare burning some lol ?
You can see on the right side where I shaved-off some slivers:X3: Nice complex aroma, perfect for gently heating, very dark/black resin.
I got another pack from Japan Incense a few days ago but the wood is not the same anymore:(

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan

You can see on the right side where I shaved-off some slivers:X3: Nice complex aroma, perfect for gently heating, very dark/black resin.
I got another pack from Japan Incense a few days ago but the wood is not the same anymore:(

Yes I saw, yes I saw you writing even on sticks quality seems to have changed.

Mashallah wonderful enjoy...

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
Contemplating making a batch of superb Agar-based Tibetan incense, utilizing some very special Medical Grade, superbly potent herbs.

One of the keys ingredients is a special Dao Di grade of Tibetan high altitude Saffron, which only has a window of 2 hours each day that it can be harvested, and a period of only several weeks each year that it can be collected.

The herbs have already been compounded...just trying to decide which Agarwood to use. What sounds better:

Brunei Microcarpa, with its distinctive Green and Floral notes? (Left wood)

Or a Hybrid Terroire Malaccensis - gathered from a special region just outside of Brunei where the the soil flavors of Brunei and Sabah begin to mingle? (Right wood)

Both have superb scent, and a fine scent of both Oil and Resin. Can't go wrong with either choice!

What do YOU think??

IMG_3739.jpg

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=250073277

I was studying different vegetatives characteristics of agarwood species trying to find out something personnal when I discovered this Chinese subspecy proper to Yunnan area, so I share with you all guyz : the aquilaria yunnanensis.

Often confused with Aquilaria Sinensis, this subspecy is apart so may have different smell.

Maybe this can answer that sensitive question : is sinensis barn or not ?

Hope it will help oud comunity :Thumbsup:

http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=250073277

I was studying different vegetatives characteristics of agarwood species trying to find out something personnal when I discovered this Chinese subspecy proper to Yunnan area, so I share with you all guyz : the aquilaria yunnanensis.

Often confused with Aquilaria Sinensis, this subspecy is apart so may have different smell.

Maybe this can answer that sensitive question : is sinensis barn or not ?

Hope it will help oud comunity :Thumbsup:

I make review about that before but I will be happy to repeat again the Chinese oud oil are only in Hainan Guangdong and the high quality are sweet incense and some herbal like ASO Ceen & IO Sinensis and yes they have some animalic oil for less grade oils , the Yunnan 2003 what I own it I'm sure is fine Burmese oil and not Chinese at all that's my humble opinion...