Oud Fan
View attachment 476
Some wild Vietnamese Oud :rolleyes:
View attachment 477
(Another angle)

View attachment 479
More from Vietnam
View attachment 478
Curiosity killed my cat :D, or maybe I did after he decided to mess with my Oud? :oops:
Your cat must be having a great olfactory pleasure at least more than anyone out there
The human nose has about 5 million olfactory receptors, microscopic proteins that allow us to detect odors. With 45 million to 80 million receptors, cats have a far better sense of smell—but they can't measure up to the average dog, whose snout holds between 149 million and 300 million receptors.

Alkhadra

"Master Kafeel" Resident Artisan
Your cat must be having a great olfactory pleasure at least more than anyone out there
The human nose has about 5 million olfactory receptors, microscopic proteins that allow us to detect odors. With 45 million to 80 million receptors, cats have a far better sense of smell—but they can't measure up to the average dog, whose snout holds between 149 million and 300 million receptors.

Haha I wonder how he perceives the scents, I've started to find a correlation in his preferences, brighter green smelling oils, such as green papua have been favorites for him, also oils that include menthol notes such as TW95, Barns are a big no no for him and immediate hissing is apparent. Although I have caught him licking Hudhayl off my arm once. -_-

I wonder what he experiences just from smelling the wood, he seemed to be very interested and spent at least a whole 2 minutes sniffing, and when I took it away and put it in a bag he kept trying to get it out. Burning wood causes him to run around in circles tho while staring up at the smoke. o_O

Cavemanking

Oud Beginner
Hi all!

I am seeking a good starting point for oud wood. I would like to buy different types of the good stuff. I don't think my budget allows for a lot of kyara haha. So I am asking for advice on which vendors to try and which specie you recommend for a complete Oud wood noob.
Any advice would be appreciated especially in regards to vendors you highly recommend.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Hi all!

I am seeking a good starting point for oud wood. I would like to buy different types of the good stuff. I don't think my budget allows for a lot of kyara haha. So I am asking for advice on which vendors to try and which specie you recommend for a complete Oud wood noob.
Any advice would be appreciated especially in regards to vendors you highly recommend.

Have a look on the vendors corner for woods, also you can PM vendors to ask about which woods they stock. I would suggest trying to get a variety of woods to try out different reigons and see what you prefer. I personally enjoy all Oud woods as they are all unique and bring something different to the table, i personally really enjoy vietnamese woods.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Haha I wonder how he perceives the scents, I've started to find a correlation in his preferences, brighter green smelling oils, such as green papua have been favorites for him, also oils that include menthol notes such as TW95, Barns are a big no no for him and immediate hissing is apparent. Although I have caught him licking Hudhayl off my arm once. -_-

I wonder what he experiences just from smelling the wood, he seemed to be very interested and spent at least a whole 2 minutes sniffing, and when I took it away and put it in a bag he kept trying to get it out. Burning wood causes him to run around in circles tho while staring up at the smoke. o_O

My neighbours cat is same race.
When I put malaysian classic she comes licking my cheeks stealing all my oud loool.
I think they needs green smell too !

Alexander Oudh

Oud Fanatic
Hi all!

Welcome to the forum. I would say that I have the most diverse selection of the finest wood available online and have recently reduced my prices by 20%. Have a look.

Malayneum

Oud Beginner
001 - Aq.Hirta Spp.jpg

002 - Aq.Hirta Spp.jpg

Fresh from nearest jungle (±25km), here in my hometown.
Not a high quality that will suits the requirements.
But for me, it's 1 of the sweet aroma I could appreciate from a rare Aq.Hirta Spp.

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
View attachment 810
View attachment 811
Fresh from nearest jungle (±25km), here in my hometown.
Not a high quality that will suits the requirements.
But for me, it's 1 of the sweet aroma I could appreciate from a rare Aq.Hirta Spp.

Nice hirta sweet woody Mashah Allah.
It's resinated enough for good sessions.

This one is not for show it's for delightment :Thumbsup:

AbasFrag

Oud Burner
Can you stop posting all these amazing pictures please before I have to heat some oud!!:Sleep::Roflmao:

I have some pieces called "Kalemantan ants nest"

It is plenty of small holes in the wood and something that looks like small eggs....

Does ants nest mean anything special regarding quality? :)

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
The sweet woody aroma what make I love Hirta more than the other local species.
For me, it's for some beautiful moments, together with KoDo.
Otherwise, they'll always stay in a glass jar in a dark room :)
Thanks Brother @F4R1d0uX

Yeah exaclty not for staying in a glass jar.
You re the most welcome.
Really hirta ?

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Can you stop posting all these amazing pictures please before I have to heat some oud!!:Sleep::Roflmao:

It is plenty of small holes in the wood and something that looks like small eggs....

Exaclty brother Ahmad ant nest full of small holes :Thumbsup:

Malayneum

Oud Beginner

Lol. I'll ask Admin to close the options for picture sharing. Haha

I experienced beautiful aroma from ant nest grade. Doesn't matter the size, colour, shape or even tree species.
And there are some type of ants that really good.
I brought some of them and spread to my decor tree at my backyard.

Exaclty brother Ahmad ant nest full of small holes :Thumbsup:
Indeed, even some of my hunters blow a cigarette smoke into the hole to find where the exact place to cut the tree.

Yeah exaclty not for staying in a glass jar.
You re the most welcome.
Really hirta ?
According to my hunters, and some of my local friends. And after tasting the aroma, we agree its Hirta :)