Oud_learner

Sandalwood does age beautifully ,plus in environments with seasonal changes it does change character after awhile , proper storing to , plus copper stilled Oil tends change dramatically like whisky after couple of decades , let me stop ranting , Did anyone have a chance to test Tan Xiang # 2 A.A ? that one oil is so intense for a moment I thought it was Oud , intense Animalic notes with Santalol releasing gradually and then story begins with Nuances from another dimension of Sandalwood , out of all the Sandal wood oils I tested , that 1 made me fall off my seat in a good way , that is one oil I would say to keep a journal and keep updating the book whenever its applied for the future , cause the Journey will never end for the nuances developing a new aura ;)

I am not sure on TX2...personally I much prefer TX1. In comparison, it just lack the vibrancy of its older brethren. It does have the intense santalol note but I find it a bit lacking in the opening top notes.

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
@Santal Claus

Screenshot_20170617-085234-01.jpeg

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
The value of sandalwood is not just on how it smells out of the bottle, but also how it performs as an ingredient in a perfume. That is where the vintage Mysore oils stand head and shoulder above the pretty smelling stuff. The older Indian distillers will tell you, "Mysore has heart" and that is so true, it is like a marathon runner. No fancy hoops and loops, deep sound quality.