• Brunei

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Borneo

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • Bhutan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

peter4ptv

AK48 has super hot spicy on top note , Unique oil SubanaAllah and fascinating on the nuances Cause it changes like an intriguing novel, now aging that baby will definitely open new chapters, There was not that much available and sold out faster than hot bagels.:oldman::)
Adam has few really unique ouds gems with prices as zirconia with very limited availability specially from his first year as a distiller. Looks like lately he has mostly his attention on his perfume line or offering some second hand ouds.

Fahad

True Ouddict
Too late Peter,
My Multi Oud Blend already existso_O

@Fahad
Realistically, Synergistic Blends are not easy to acheive. Mixing all the regions is pure chaos. Regional characteristics, although narrowly spectrumed, are a beauty unto themselves. When mixed across the board some qualities get lost, and the progression of the scent is also affected. Sometimes the scents cancel each other out, then you dont smell anything, but your nose can sense somethings there, it’s the more volatile components mainly.
I’ll bet though, that better results can be achieved by co-distillation, than blending.

Found that out to be quite true i.e. the cancelling out effect, nose sensing somethings there...Seems like a purge effect which made me wish I could undo.. Alas that is impossible... Haven't tried many co-distillations but based on reviews seems to be the case as with EO's Sultan Ahmed and also Feel Ouds Ak48. Also agree a masterly blend which is doable e.g. necessitates as much mastery as any other blend...Mixing it all up would be akin to the big bang.

Martin

Oud Novice
At this point I can’t say there isn’t a region I don’t like nor is there one I highly prefer. I do very highly prefer wild oils and woods. Agarwood from older trees with longstanding infections are king too! I would imagine that good distillation and burning woods will be even more scarce and costly in the years to come. From the standpoint as a consumer superb oils and woods are a good investment (although not as a money making investment).

Mario P.

Jinkoh Store
1.Chinese 2.Vietnamese 3.Hindi/Papua
But i love some borneos,burmese and sri lankan ouds ,in facts i think depends more on oil quality than region ,all high ends wood chips with good distil process can be king ..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

James1

True Ouddict
I have a few of Ensars 20+ years aged Malaysians and they are all some of my favorites.

Of course a nice kinam oil is always great as well.

yoob.ye

True Ouddict
The results of this poll made me think ... I need to add Borneo and Malaysia to my collection.

My favorites are ...
1. China
2. Sri Lanka
3. Papua

EJayB

True Ouddict
I have been looking for philli wood to distill but have’nt had much luck, tried once but we got burned and I ended up being repaid in other method then the wood I was expecting but at least I received something for the money sent, unfortunately the other vendor who set up the deal got burnt and had to repay me , however he I believe got nothing 😫

iori

親月
I have been looking for philli wood to distill but have’nt had much luck, tried once but we got burned and I ended up being repaid in other method then the wood I was expecting but at least I received something for the money sent, unfortunately the other vendor who set up the deal got burnt and had to repay me , however he I believe got nothing 😫
gulf gots lots tbh, mostly Leyte/Bicol/palawan/mindao abit rarer and manila

oud.time

Sandalwouddict
My favorite regions are Thailand and Malaysia. I really enjoy the thai oils that have a deep crassna smell (where the wood dominates along with the fruit) and malaysian ones that all share this dark agarwoody smell that I only get from malaysian oils