$1000 Right Here,right Now

Discussion in 'General' started by abu abdullaah, Nov 18, 2018.

1. abu abdullaah

abu abdullaah Whats this Oud About?

ok guys im looking for some inspiration, you have $1000 dollars to spend on oud/attar/perfume, what are you going to buy?

Arsalan and F4R1d0uX like this.
  2. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Hindi and Malaysian Oud,
    then maybe some Filipino agarwood to burn.
    I’d also keep an eye for Imperial Oud to release their Filipino oud oil:D

3. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

IO's Mysore Santal 2002
    Kyarazen Ceramic Oud Burner

4. MzM

MzM Oud King

Kyara no2 or the Alshareef oud with kinam

Sproaty likes this.
  5. Edward Muller

Edward Muller Oud Fan

Take everyone’s recommendation with a grain of salt since it might not be your cup of tea.
    If I had 1000, to spend right away ie. Based on what’s currently available from vendor’s website :
    IO- 1g FRAGRANT HARBOUR IMPERIAL
    Al Shareef Oud - 2.5ml FAJR

6. Woodland Note

Woodland Note Moderator Staff Member

Hmm... I would get Al Hashimi Lindaraja (if they still have it), I would also try some pure vetiver essential oils, and white ambergris or pure ambergris compounds like ambroxan. But that is me... I think many would just buy according to their preferences... and preferences can differ a lot. :) I would also maybe try Tudor Rose atar by Mellifluence, cause I read tempting stuff about it here. Well, there is so much I would like to try... the list is not really ending...

7. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi Oud Fanatic

i would put it in front of a mirror to get $2k and then buy me however much of oud royale maluku i can get ;)

Fahad and Rai Munir like this.
  8. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

kynam "wood"

powdernose likes this.
  9. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Whats this Oud About?

I would try to get a sample of Mukhmil..then Santal95, a full bottle of Trad, kambodi katheef, Man Musk from JK, and some Agarwood.

Alkhadra likes this.
  10. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Oils from Hermitage Oils, and Sultan Pasha and some white/grey Irish ambergris. :)

11. Fahad

Fahad Oud Fan

This reminds me of the Canadian weekly lottery drill at some work places when every one takes turns describing their future life of riches with the first step invariably being: Quit job... and those not participating are forewarned about being teased by the gloating lottery winners as they'll be packing up to leave their cubicles for good after the win is announced...Fast forward 3 years they're all still seated at their desks and the lottery pitch ins and weekly wishes continue ...

Back to the question..I'd get a bottle of IO Mysuru 2002, a gram of Kashmiri Musk grains from Monsieur Rai Munir , blend the 2.. Got $730 left.. Next get 0.3 grams of Nha Trang for $500 (shamelessly ask for freebies ; ) . $230 left. Sell off 0.15 of the Trang for $200.. Back at $430...After about 12 months sell 1.5 grams of the musk maceration for $100...Back at $530, get another Ensar or other legend for $500. Sell half of that for $200.. With the $230 left I'll get me some nice Ward Taifi at the next harvest : )

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 10:41 PM
    Sproaty, Grega and Kabir Attars like this.
  12. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Whats this Oud About?

I see your work brother Fahad.

13. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

I would get me either Safwaan and Kaashef or Qandahar III or Hareer from Al Shareef Oudh. I have been most impressed by everything from ASO and Kaashef is the finest blend I have ever tried along with Yaqoot.

Sproaty and powdernose like this.

Promote Oud!