1980's Gov. Issue Mysore Sandalwood (3 Gr Bottle)

Discussion in 'Natural Perfumes, Oils & Blends for Sale' started by Ahmet, May 31, 2019.

1. Ahmet

Ahmet Just Arrived

Hi all!

My first post here!

Having smelled Ensar's 1984 version, I can confidently say this is of similar quality (but, with even more santanol content!)

Found in an old boutique shop that rationed it from the original tin into smaller bottles (which I then recanted to savrle from oxidation-the spare amount is in the bottle on left). :)

Unfortunately once the tin was empty the shop threw it out-but they are trustworthy and as pointed out the government only traded the Mysore with standing company ties (the shop is in Canada so the oil had to be shipped-in the 80's!)

How do I know?

The smell is a good deal brighter and punchier (and last much longer-8 hours solid to a dry phase by 12 or so).

Also, the oil is even lighter than the aforementioned '84 (colourless in certain light). For reference the pictures were taken in slightly yellow light (those flat round bulbs that tinge white with a touch of it).

Bottle for sale on right-exact weight uncertain, but it is filled up with basically no room to spare, so it might be closer to 3.2 gr or so. :)

Ballpark price is approx. 250 USD.

Please PM me to request more pictures or information.

Thank you very much!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  2. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

You can’t post a ballpark price here?

3. powdernose

powdernose Admin & Oud Sprite Staff Member

Yes, @Ahmet you need to post a selling price.
    I also think you should post a picture of the original container

4. Ahmet

Ahmet Just Arrived

Edited post to clarify price, and state of tin the oil came in. :)

Sproaty likes this.
  5. Ahmet

Ahmet Just Arrived

6. mlb78

mlb78 Just Arrived

Is a “ballpark” price a clarification?? Lack of upfront, helpful information regarding this sale makes me question the authenticity of the provenance of this oil.

7. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

8. Ahmet

Ahmet Just Arrived

To clear up, initially I had asked for PM contact regarding price but gave an actual figure via requested by a few people.

The oil is the real, deal, I have sampled EnsarOud's 1984 Mysore and others as comparison, conducted a "taste test" and an allergy prick on myself (as I'm allergic to sandal, the higher the quality the worse the reaction).

Sure enough, the oil smells and reacts on my skin even more harshly than the 1984-thus, more Santanol! :)

If you will read the initial post, I give details there.

Alternately, since everyone is seemingly intent on remaining a prickly cactus that assumes I'm a con man for some reason, PM me and from there I will freely start a whatsapp conversation...

I know what I'm smelling, and what I am allergic to, thank you kindly! :D

What does eveeyone want from me? A lab report for a small bottle of oil? It was ordered by the store in the early 80's and re-canted, nobody keeps an empty tin for over 30 years...

As far as I've seen, anyway :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 11:00 PM
    Sproaty and Hamza H like this.
  9. powdernose

powdernose Admin & Oud Sprite Staff Member

Yes. Provided as requested.
    If you need more specific information, request it.

Whether one trusts or agrees with the estimation, is up to each member.

Point has been made and unless credible information one way or the other is provided, further comment will be considered badgering and deleted.

Sproaty and Rai Munir like this.
  10. Azaad

Azaad Whats this Oud About?

The colour is in line with what I have. I have a government issued Mysore 1977 bottle.

And before anyone asks... I have the box, the stickers, the government packaging.

Regarding how long it lasts. All I can say is that the older the oil the weaker it gets in terms of how long it stays on the skin. I’ve got very old ouds and it’s the same there too.

Good luck with your sale and welcome to Ouddict.

powdernose and Rai Munir like this.

Promote Oud!