Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
malaki.jpg

Today is a special day.

After many weeks of careful deliberation on whether this rare gem which is a true treasure should be released, I humbly present to you AL MALEK AL MALAKI The Angelic King. An Oudh specimen of the highest grade AL MALEK AL MALAKI is a work of love, a life’s companion, the toils of youthfulness.

Let us take a step back and rewind to 1999.

Before the Chinese craze for Oudh had taken off in the world, the main market for Oudh was the gulf states. When Oudh was discovered across the Oudh-producing world chances were it would eventually make its way towards the gulf market either as solid or liquid gold. Supply was abundant with little competition. In fact, in those days you could even find solid black logs of Oudh the size of your forearm in the old markets in Makkah and Madinah....

Read more and you can purchase it for a discounted price for the next 48hrs at https://www.alshareefoudh.com/product/al-malek-al-malaki/

Here is our decanting of this wonderful gem https://www.instagram.com/tv/CK6llB1hw7W/?igshid=1g8xm2s8wx9kx

Mr.P

oud<3er
That video just killed me... I mean on some visceral level seeing that large flask opened and decanted... the idea of quality oud on such a leveling such a quantity is truly mind blowing. I don't know why it is affecting me this time - of course I am aware that oud starts in l big bottles and gets poured into small ones but just seeing that, and knowing the quality of these Malek oils... it's too much.

Last edited:

okonos

Oud Beginner
That video just killed me... I mean on some visceral level seeing that large flask opened and decanted... the idea of quality oud on such a leveling such a quantity is truly mind blowing. I don't know why it is affecting me this time - of course I am aware that oud starts in l big bottles and gets poured into small ones but just seeing that, and knowing the quality of these Malek oils... it's too much.
Have you read Kyarazen's description of finding and then opening Kyarazen 1985? It was wonderful.

Mr.P

oud<3er
I read all that at the time but don't remember anything interesting. I think I just kind of dismissed it as yet another agarwood tall tale. Honestly I stopped paying attention to all the florid marketing details LONG ago and it's really the reviews of people I trust that interest me. Didn't that oil end up having phthalates or some other suspect things like that when it got it tested? I thought it turned out to be a "tall tale" in the end? Or maybe that's just the marketing of the competitors i recall it was a Big Deal around here long ago - forget the details but recall the claims and counter claims lol

okonos

Oud Beginner
I read all that at the time but don't remember anything interesting. I think I just kind of dismissed it as yet another agarwood tall tale. Honestly I stopped paying attention to all the florid marketing details LONG ago and it's really the reviews of people I trust that interest me. Didn't that oil end up having phthalates or some other suspect things like that when it got it tested? I thought it turned out to be a "tall tale" in the end? Or maybe that's just the marketing of the competitors i recall it was a Big Deal around here long ago - forget the details but recall the claims and counter claims lol
I really liked it as Kyarazen's experience, and I trust him; it didn't seem like marketing to me, even if it also served that purpose. I think it was discovered that it was indeed oud but that there were phthalates discovered too, likely from decay of the bung in the bottle rather than original contamination.

Anyway, this is ASO's Al Malek Al Malaki thread, haha, so I won't write more now.

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer

Your reaction is totally understandable looking at this level of oudh from yesteryear and comparing it to the realities of the market today . Those days quality oudh was in abundance and it was possible to witness such quality oils in decent quantities, that is why selling these oils is truly a loss of a treasure.