1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Hashimi - Adan

Discussion in 'Al Hashimi' started by Alkhadra, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Alkhadra

Alkhadra "Master Kafeel" Resident Artisan

Assalamu Alaykm and hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I've posted, been busy working around the clock and overlooking some exciting new projects!

Ever heard of an Oud from Tawi Tawi? Odds are you haven’t, that is…until now.
    https://alhashimi.com/product/adan/

ADAN PROMO.jpg

One would think we had completely lost our minds undergoing such a project, nothing was clear, and we found ourselves running in circles chasing a dream that seemed bleak at best. That didn’t stop us, we were in love with the Philippines; that umami-like spicy, evergreen, milky aroma it boasted, and wanted nothing less but to capture that same aroma in liquid form. (If you’d like to read more about how Adan came to be, click here)

We have a rule to only releasing aged Oud at Al Hashimi, but this is an exception. The quality of materials used to distill Adan shine through, meaning that there are no off-notes involved, and no harshness either. Rather, what you’re getting is an extremely playful oil, that morphs and changes every chance it gets throughout the top and middle, before settling into it’s well crafted base. Not only do we see this as an opportunity to show what quality material and craftsmanship can do to an Oud in it’s first stages, we also wanted you to be a part of our journey, by witnessing the stages Adan will go through before it settles down into what will be a staple in Oud history.

By now, I bet you’re wondering what Adan smells like… well, being such a youngster, it has all these sudden transformations that regularly occur throughout the life of your swipe.

On first swipe you’re hit with a cornucopia of herbs, vibrant forestry, with a very quiet white, powdery undertone. Imagine yourself sitting atop a luscious grassy hill, only to have the sun rise before your eyes, and everything rapidly adopts a golden hue. Honeyed beeswax quickly takes over the scene. Then it dawns on you… Walla Patta sunshine combined with Bornean greenery; but enough of that, this is the Philippines, bringing you the most delicate white florals inlaid on a sweet resinous base. As you start taking downward dips into the resinous base, you’re introduced to citrusy frankincense, combined with creamy dairy, which is one of the most salient qualities of raw Filipino Oud.

And thus, without further ado, I present you Adan.

Limited Quantities Available

https://alhashimi.com/product/adan/

Orders will ship no later than September 27th

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

Oh wow this sounds like an awesome and very special oil! Love the write-up, the video (you got a work-out Malik). and the charts in the "how Adan came to be" page. Your engineering degree in action! Well done Malik and Ahmad. You know I'm in. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oudamberlove, MzM, Chip Burns and 6 others like this.
  3. Alkhadra

Thanks for the awesome comments dear Jensz! Is it too early to start calling me the Oud Engineer? :Roflmao: I really can't wait for you to try it once it's shipped out next week. You should have heard @AbasFrag's reaction when he smelt it for the first time. It's a really stunning oil, has a scent profile unlike anything we've experienced as of yet.

Oudamberlove, MzM, Chip Burns and 4 others like this.
  4. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

:eek::eek::eek: I can't wait either! So given the region, was the wood gyrinops?
    edit: and by the way, congrats on doing your own distillation! taking the risk and persevering is very admirable. Well done. :praying:

Oudamberlove, MzM, Chip Burns and 6 others like this.
  5. Alkhadra

Definitely Gyrinops Cumingiana, test burning some of the distillation material yielded a near identical aroma to the Filipino wood we've sold in the past!

Kind words from a kind soul.
    Sometimes you have to risk it to get the biscuit, in our case the biscuit is Oud oil from Tawi Tawi! :Roflmao:

6. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Distilling your own oils, more importantly from Gyrinops cumingiana is a great step forward. Congratulations! Even though seen as a relatively 'new' oud house, every time you guys release something new, I get super excited and so far, have been highly impressed with your oils and oud chips. Masha'Allah. :Thumbsup:

Oudamberlove, MzM, Alkhadra and 7 others like this.
  7. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

Congrats dear Malik, all the best!

MzM, Ouddict, Alkhadra and 3 others like this.
  8. Alkhadra

Jazak Allah khair for the kind words dear @Ashfaque!

@Sproaty Thanks dear Steven! Wishing you well.

and thanks to everyone who grabbed a bottle of Adan so far. You're all in for a treat. :D

9. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi True Ouddict

looking forward to studying it soon.

10. Alkhadra

11. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Only 1g left in stock! Don't miss your chance to be a part of this journey :)

12. Alkhadra

Adan Sold Out! Thanks to everyone who grabbed a bottle!

Ouddict, Sproaty, sami and 5 others like this.
  13. hedycent

hedycent True Ouddict

Handling high grade raw agarwood is a pleasure, it's form and density are food for the soul. The scent from a generous portion of such wood is immediately transportive, centring and elevatory, without any discord. Adan presents this rarified scent faithfully. It opens at the dawn of raw wood, gracefully developing expansive serenity. Oil and wood are no longer a duality.

14. Rasoul Salehi

Rasoul Salehi True Ouddict

Magic

15. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder

I read you said the oil smelt like piss and vinegar, found this odd especially as you mentioned that in your review on the other forum. Very different to your review here.

16. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

I got severe flu I hope I can be able to smell it tomorrow so I can give a proper review, maybe I'll be able to find inspiring notes since I see jinseng note and playful Burmese is not inspiring enough ;).

17. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

Focus on the positive! :Roflmao:
    Seems like a very positive review of it...
    Here’s the full post:

Sproaty and Habz786 like this.
  18. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder

Im very positive....most of the time :D. Thanks i had already read the full post.I think its misleading to open a review and say a oil smells like piss but then say its great...yeah i know everyone is free to express what they like and olfactory interpretatation is personal but i just find it abit odd and a bad choice of words as it would put readers off the oil and someones hard work and efforts.

19. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

Agreed...
    Perhaps those are top notes...and evaporate quickly... :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
    Regardless...it was sold out impressively fast and so far all the reviews have been very positive...
    Missed out on this one...so I really have nothing to add here...

Habz786 and F4R1d0uX like this.
  20. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

The first time I tried a sample of IO Nagaland Imperial, I mentioned to the person who gave it to me that the opening is out of this world good, but I also mentioned that I picked up a little urea note. After a few days the urea note disappeared, even my full bottle doesn’t have it.

It is difficult to assess a young oil, if you mention every note you perceive, it will note be an inaccurate representation of that oil.

Like with Komrad K, there are a couple notes that don’t add-up.....I’ll wait for a few months to try and get to know the oil’s true character.

Take Semkhor for example....curious beginning with a promising future......now, it’s a knock-out:handfist:
    Wish I had a tola:Cooler:

Sproaty, F4R1d0uX and Arsalan like this.

Promote Oud!