1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Al Hashimi Announcements

Discussion in 'Al Hashimi' started by Alkhadra, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Alkhadra

Alkhadra "Master Kafeel" Resident Artisan

Assalamu Alaykum and Hello Everyone!

For as long as I can remember, scent has held a fascination for me, as I grew up in a culture that prizes fragrances and confers a deep sacred significance to their use and possession.

Since childhood, I have been surrounded by scents in the form of mysterious Ouds, fine perfumes, swirling bakhoor smoke and mukhallats and dreamed of becoming a perfumer in order to share my experiences and culture with others.

Alkhadra Oud was a short-lived project that I started last year to realise this vision and through it, I released a limited, but well-received selection of incenses and Oud oils (Alhambra and Kumathra V.). The success of this small venture was due to the support from some great customers who gave me a chance and bravely decided to try what I had to offer. They were not left disappointed and I am dearly indebted to all of them for the welcoming kindness they showed me. They trusted me enough to give me a chance, even while there were several other more well-known vendors that had a longer standing and history in the Oud world.

After the initial success, Alkhadra Oud had to be placed on hold while I focused on graduating from my degree in Mechanical Engineering which I accomplished last December. While completing my degree, I was constantly thinking about how things would play out after I relocated to my home country of Saudi Arabia. Alkhadra Oud was a product of my experiences with artisanal online Oud, but after being reintroduced to the Gulf Market, I was pleasantly surprised to see a wide variety of products, ranging from run-of-the-mill cultivated oils, to high end artisanal oils.

More important than the wares on offer over here in the Middle East, was the passion of the people for Oud that made a huge impression on me. It is difficult to describe in mere words, the integral part that Oud plays in people’s lives over here. It is a functional product that belongs on the skin and not the shelf and people over here cherish Oud by using it to it’s fullest extent. Even those who were considered to be connoisseurs enjoyed Oud to a much greater degree than I experienced in the West. One vendor who kindly showed me his favorite oils, offered me some and to my shock and amazement, literally swiped 3 huge swipes of it, liberally dowsing my wrist and sleeve in Oud oil. It was this moment that I understood, even their most precious Ouds were to be used, not to sit on a shelf and collect dust, unless it be for the purpose of ageing.

It got me thinking. What is the secret behind the central role that Oud occupies in the cultures of the Middle East? To me, the value we place on this precious oil is in the everyday role it plays in our lives and the unique way it provides a constant connection to the spiritual in an otherwise mundane existence. This reintroduction has been a humbling experience for me and also stirred deep nostalgia and respect for an ancient tradition that I had forgotten about.

These recent experiences have inspired me to collaborate with a couple of friends who share the same desires that I have. There is a word in Arabic that has characterised the creation of Middle Eastern scents throughout history until recent times. Namely, Ihsan, or in English, excellence of the higher order. Our mission is to faithfully re-kindle the ancient and famous Arab tradition of Oud and perfumery that emphasises the use and enjoyment of scent. To realise this vision, I am proud to announce the launch of Al Hashimi, through which we will offer a genuine representation of the exquisite Arabian tradition of Oud and Perfumery, while refusing to comprise one iota on quality. We hope you will join us on our exciting new journey.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. Alkhadra

3. Nikhil S

Nikhil S Resident Reviewer

Beautiful post brother. I am ready to purchase some of your cherished releases in the future. All the best bro.

4. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

Great post! This is the kind of passion that differentiates the greats from the rest.
    Best with the new venture!

5. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

I am a follower of the Arabic Tradition; so, I am to follow Al Oud Al Hashimi.

Thank be to the Almighty, someone took initiative to connect the people like me- ever newbie, ever green, ever ready to be hooked, ever ready to be moulded, and ever ready to make panic purchase- to the Origin and Original.

I have turned deaf to the word artisanal. For a year, I am indifferent to 'word-made-ouds' that has given birth to exclusive approach.

I am truly happy revered brother Alkhadra you stepped forward. May you and your friends stay steadfast. Oudy and brave, that the Hashimi have to. JK, LMK, and RBO impressed me a lot.

Pitfalls on your way are very much visible, and you people know better that I do.

Godspeed!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  6. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

Beautiful post and thanks for sharing this experience! I was lucky enough to get Alhambra from Alkhadra Oud, and will be thrilled to see your work under Al Hashimi!

AbasFrag, Rai Munir, Ouddict and 2 others like this.
  7. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Fantastic post bro' all the best with your new projet !

8. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Wa alaikumus salam wR wB,
    Mabrook on both counts, bro. I don't know about you. But to me undergradutate programme is far more challenging than Master and PhD. Insha'Allah, I hope to try your goodies soon.
    Ashfaque

AbasFrag, oudlover, Rai Munir and 2 others like this.
  9. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Amazing post brother Alkhadra. Wish you the best of luck and sucess :D

10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Now I have realized brother Alkhadra's post is really wonderful. Respected @jensz, @AbasFrag, and @F4R1d0uX are there to be read after too many days to recall.

Thank God!

PS: Respected brother @Alkhadra, would you please share what is the sentence written in Arabic Calligraphy? And the name of the Calligrapher? I don't think it is a digital one. Thanks.

AbasFrag, Alkhadra and F4R1d0uX like this.
  11. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Peace be upon you brother @Rai Munir !

Alkhadra, Habz786 and Rai Munir like this.
  12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

@Alkhadra
    Got that! Eureka!

Al Hashimi

Please correct me if wrong.

Alkhadra and Habz786 like this.
  13. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Blessings on all your future success

Alkhadra and Habz786 like this.
  14. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder

All the best with the new venture brother ;)

Alkhadra and Ouddict like this.
  15. Ouddict

Ouddict Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support

Want to attend the UK Oud Fayre? :D

Alkhadra likes this.
  16. Alkhadra

Thank you to the warm welcome and best wishes from all my brothers and sisters, @Nikhil S @Arsalan @Rai Munir @jensz @F4R1d0uX @Ashfaque @AbasFrag @tyson @Habz786 @Ouddict

You are all too kind! It is from your kind wishes and support than any vendor can turn their dreams into reality. Wishing you all joy, peace, and prosperity!

Yes brother it is written Al Hashimi in Arabic, you spotted that! It was not created by a calligrapher, instead it was made by a kind brother who went the extra mile in designing it.

Well, I'll be there in spirit. You'll see me without seeing me. ;)

Rai Munir and AbasFrag like this.
  17. Alkhadra

Wa Alaykm Assalam brother
    Undergraduate program was a pain but thank God it's over :Roflmao:

What are you studying BTW?

Royalbengalouds and Ashfaque like this.
  18. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

Economics => 90 parts math + 10 parts econ. theory! :D

Alkhadra and Royalbengalouds like this.
  19. Alkhadra

Translation: 90% headache :Sneaky:

But hey, math helps a lot in life!

Announcement: Al Hashimi will be attending the Artisanal Agarwood Fayre in Woking, this Saturday April 14th!

Although I won't personally be there, my products will. :Thumbsup:

20. oudlover

oudlover Oudologist Staff Member

Can’t wait to try them

Royalbengalouds and Alkhadra like this.

Promote Oud!