All about Siberian Musk Deer

Discussion in 'SiberMusk' started by NinjaRobb, Sep 11, 2017.

1. NinjaRobb

NinjaRobb Official Trader Siberian and Mongolian Musk

Hello! My name is Andrei, I'm from Siberia, Barnaul city, and I'm harvesting musk Siberian musk deer.

Some of the guests of the forum are familiar with me from the site Ebay and bought some of my products. In this article I want to provide information about the musk Siberian musk deer, because in the Internet is very much fake information.

Also I will be very happy to answer any questions from you.
    Some of the highlights:

1. I'm writing an article using an online translator because not speak English fluently, so I apologize for any grammatical errors.

2. if I'm writing the article violate any rules of the forum, please point me to these assumptions and I will correct them immediately.

3. this article is original, that is, I didn't copy it, and wrote myself, using my own experiences, photographs and knowledge, so copying and distribution is allowed only with my permission. Please treat this seriously.

About the musk Siberian musk deer I know a lot, because I have experience its production and I live in the area its lives.

So here we go:

In Russia, the Siberian musk deer musk is used exclusively for medical purposes, so I'm unlikely to write much about using it in perfumes.

How does the Siberian musk deer:[​IMG] [​IMG]
    kabarga 1.jpg kabarga-00.jpg
    Looks like a pod of musk Siberian musk deer [​IMG] DSC04201.JPG DSC04206.JPG DSC04209.JPG [​IMG] [​IMG] -It only has this appearance, or any other means that it is not Siberian musk deer musk.

It looks like the grain of musk [​IMG] IMG-20170426-WA0004.jpg the Form of grains of musk Siberian musk deer may vary from light brown to black, depending on the degree of drying. The drier the darker.

Wet pod musk usually is dried from 1 to 3 months, after which it is used. Pod after drying becomes dried, hard-soft to the touch, with a pronounced scent of musk.

No one in Russia does not dry musk to the state of stone! It makes no sense.The finished product which I use,3 types:

1. The musk pod whole, dried 3 to 6 months.

2.Grains wet.

3. Grains dry.

What is the difference: 1. pod musk musk deer contains the skin and the musk, after drying, the skin should weigh 5 to 10 grams, depending on the weight of the pod.

Details: if you buy a pod of musk 12 grams, the skin will weigh from 5 to 10grams, and the rest of the musk. If you buy a pod of 25 grams, the skin also will weigh 5 to 10 grams, etc. So the more you buy the pod, the more you get musk in percentage terms.

2. Wet grains are more fragrant due to the presence in them of pure musk in the wet.

3. Dry grain has a sharp, tart aroma, quite rough.

The best way to check the quality of grains of musk is to taste. After trying 1 times real musk Siberian musk deer, you never forget the taste and it will not mix. Eat musk Siberian musk deer in small doses is VERY USEFUL for the entire body! Smell the musk Siberian musk deer is also USEFUL for a person.

Russia now has a very small quota for shooting of these animals, approximately 1500 individuals per year across the country, including the Caucasus and the far East, therefore, a significant amount of mining takes place illegally, an animal listed in the red book and is on the verge of extinction, there is very high cost of musk.

IMPORTANT:

In Russia there are not humane extraction of musk Siberian musk deer!

In Russia there is no captive breeding of musk!

Extraction occurs only by killing the animal in the wild!

Seasonality: the shooting of wild animals occurs in Siberia, where lies the big snow, usually from December to February. Only males.

Distribution and distinction of the musk deer which found in Russia:

Distinguish the 5 subspecies of musk deer:

• Siberian musk deer is distributed in the Altai, in Eastern Siberia on the West to the Yenisey river and eastward to the Lena river, Transbaikalia, Northern Mongolia, the Great and Small Khingan in the West Stanovoi range;

• Sakhalin musk deer inhabits the island of Sakhalin;

• Far-Eastern musk deer inhabits the Sikhote-Alin and West to the Zeya river;

• Verkhoyansk or Arctic musk deer inhabits the Verkhoyansk mountains and the Chersky range in the West to the Lena river and eastward to the Kolyma, Aldan, and Stanovoi range.

• Korean musk deer — colonizes the Korean Peninsula and the surrounding areas.

If I couldn't answer any questions, please send messages and I'm happy to answer them.

To buy Siberian musk deer musk from Siberia to contact personal messages.

In addition: You can buy from me: Siberian Musk Deer, Castoreum, bear bile, stone oil, shilajit

Thank you for your attention!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  2. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

Hi Andrei, I bought some EXCELLENT musk from you back in 2012. Welcome to the forum!

Oud Indigo, Mi-Kei, Youssef and 2 others like this.
  3. NinjaRobb

Thank you! I'm glad to see you!

Mandeel AlMandeel and Habz786 like this.
  4. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

@Andrei: Thanks and thanks for such valuable and authentic information. Really enjoyed every sentence.

5. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

Really nice to read this from a musk expert. There are sooo many storys and mis-information online so its great to hear direct from the source. Where would you class the rarest musk to be found in the world?

Ps welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

6. Faheem

Faheem Resident Artisan

"2. Wet grains are more fragrant due to the presence in them of pure musk in the wet.

3. Dry grain has a sharp, tart aroma, quite rough."

Welcome to the forum.

I have said the same about wet vs dry, im glad that a musk expert has confirmed it.

7. NinjaRobb

Thank you.
    To answer Your question, I don't specializers on different types of musk, I only know about Siberian.

8. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek

Welcome to the Ouddict fourm & thanks for info , musk are precious as Oud! :D:handok:

9. Jimmie Taylor

Jimmie Taylor Doude

Thanks4info

Mandeel AlMandeel and NinjaRobb like this.
  10. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

@NinjaRobb, I read that the Siberian Musk Deer population was actually on the increase and was recovering back in 2012.

Was this information correct and if so, has there been a decline in the population since?

11. NinjaRobb

Hello! Thank you for your question. Could you share the source of your information? Unfortunately, the population of musk deer (Siberian) is declining due to illegal fishing. This happens from year to year. The law is harsh to poachers (up to 7 years in prison) but it doesn't stop because of the high cost of musk. In nature there are 2 enemy at the musk deer is Kharza and people. In Siberia, the Kharza is not inhabited, therefore there is only one enemy-man. Due to the fact that musk deer are difficult to hunt (season, mountains, snow, law, police), the critical reduction of this animal is not happening, except people living in Siberia for a bit, of them hunters is very small, so in our life, the population will shrink but will not die. I hope I understand your question and I managed to answer it. Thank you.

12. NinjaRobb

Today I received from my uncle the hunter a unique thing 55 grams!!! the pod of the musk Siberian musk deer.
    This photo was taken 30 minutes ago.
    I plan to dry this pod for 2-3 months, it'll shrink by 35%.
    The end result is 36 grams superb clean weight great product!!!
    IMG-20170918-WA0000.jpg IMG-20170918-WA0001 (1).jpg
    Who wants to buy, contacts in my profile:handpointup: [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Have a good day!

13. Oud_learner

Oud_learner Junior Member

@NinjaRobb
    Oh is there any difference between drying the pod before taking the grains and taking out the grains to dry? And what is the usual typical pod weight? 55gr for the pod seems to be quite heavy.

14. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

I know you are adressing to @NinjaRobb but to my ridiculous knowledge if you dont dry the pods, grains would be wasted because glueish matter more than grains when pod's not dry... maybe @NinjaRobb can confirm it

Mandeel AlMandeel and Ouddict like this.
  15. NinjaRobb

Excellent question. 55 grams is the weight of fresh pod, after shrinkage it will lose about 35%, will end up weighing 36 grams. It's quite a lot of weight. This pod is very valuable

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  16. NinjaRobb

Yes, the pod should be sure to dry, otherwise the grain may deteriorate. To keep a fresh pod in the freezer, if not, it should definitely be dry

17. Oud_learner

Oud_learner Junior Member

Ah I always thought one should cut the fresh pod first and then dry the grains separately. After drying the pod and take out the grains, do you still need to dry the grains further?

Thanks!

18. NinjaRobb

1.No, the pod must be dry without cutting.
    2. It's not necessary. It depends on what you need grain, wet or dry.

Mandeel AlMandeel and Rai Munir like this.
  19. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

@NinjaRobb: What is the average size and weight of a Siberian Musk deer?

Ouddict and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  20. NinjaRobb

The average weight after shrinkage in the range of 20 grams. More than 30 grams is considered a rarity.

Promote Oud!