Ambergris Resinoid

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Jan 2, 2019.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Have you wanted to create your own ambergris attar . Well ive taken out the hard part for you , with this ambergris honey resin that's absolutely pure you can instantly add it to any essential oil or alcohol based perfume . No waiting for months and years you just have to gently heat up your oils and add the honey resin and stir it in , as long as your just getting it up to 60 to 70 c it wont wreck anything and will mix perfectly . Ive got a lot of tainted ambergris so I know whats real and whats not . Im using lab tested ambergris and only choose the best pieces of white , silver , brown and black. I can offer any amount of ambergris resin , I get about a 80-90 percent return from the whole ambergris to the resinoid. Only the insoluble particulates are left behind , like beaks of squids and other trace materials.
    45 usd a gram for all black , grey , brown .
    55 usd a gram for ancient white
    Custom made to order let me know how I can help
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/634918499/ambergris-resiniod?ref=shop_home_feat_3

Guaranteed product satisfaction or your money back
    I feel this is the best pure ambergris alcohol free product on the market and all the reviews on my etsy page have shown that people agree . IMG_0495.jpg IMG_0205.JPG DSC04779.JPG

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  2. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Also have some raw ambergris for 30 to 40 a gram

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    SydnorIII likes this.
  3. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Will be able to provide IFRA documentation for the ambergris resinoid "ambergris honey resin" soon
    Im sure this will be great for people making and selling perfumes and attars .

F4R1d0uX and Sproaty like this.
  4. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Have some really really nice very old pure white ambergris at 40 usd a gram "raw beach cast"

Grega likes this.
  5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Some of the best smelling ambergris ive had yet @@@!
    30 usd a gram or 45 a gram for the resinoid from it

The sun has got to it a bit and turned the outside dark but inside its very light coloured

Attached Files:

6. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

That’s great. When will this or the resinoid be available on Etsy?

tyson likes this.
  7. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

yes ill list is soon , thought id offer it here first

8. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin Whats this Oud About?

I can add this to sandalwood oil? Would it be better or worse than just adding raw ambergris and letting it macerate? New to ambergris, whats the difference between the two varietals?

9. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

I find ambergris macerations to be dirty messy affairs that end up wasting a lot of sandalwood. The resinoid is purified of all material that wont dissolve fully into a oil or alcohol , and its instant as well so no waiting for months on end .

10. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin Whats this Oud About?

Thats great! What's the difference between the colors? Is the white "better" quality? And how much sandalwood would you recommend diluting this into?

11. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

I can vouch for the excellent quality of the extraction. White ambergris is more refined, less animalic and fecal. I prefer it vastly.

this resinoid is solid - like a hard wax. I recently tried dissolving in sandalwood, but I had to melt it in more than just mix it. Took time and patience. I was trying to make a very concentrated oil so I dissolved 1 gram of extract into 1g of sandalwood oil, it mixed perfectly and now I have this thick, pourable, honey-like oil. This is absurdly strong. Most ambergris tinctures are 3% strength. You can dilute this in any quantity of sandalwood you want, it’s a question of what your particular needs are. The more Sandalwood, the less pronounced the ambergris scent. This will be pretty personal and subjective so I would suggest experimenting a little bit and seeing what level of ambergris you’re able to detect and enjoy. If you’re not familiar with ambergris, it’s an unusual material. Given its wide range of uses ( in extreme dilution as a fixative on the one hand or as a direct perfume in itself on the other) your intended use will determine the correct amount of sandalwood to add!

Rai Munir and tyson like this.
  12. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Mr P basially said it all :) I heat the vial up with the ambergris resinoid and let it drop into the sandalwood oil , and then I heat that mix , if it bubbles you went to hot , pretty easy . The black ambergris I have was lab tested at 38 percent fecal steroids so the fresh ambergris contains a lot more medicinal properties and smell yes like barn , which some people love and some hate. I like both for different purposes .
    The palo santo / talif rose im making I want to use a really heavy barn fecal ambergris , because opposites balance each other , this is why musk and flowers work so well in creating something new , its like salt and sugar in cooking .

13. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

First, I heated Ambergris in this bottle, and then blended Santal in that. Stirred and shook it constantly for some weeks. After six months, added musk grains in it. Now it is one and a half years old. A month before, blended Rose. Yes, now it is complete.
    Rose-y Ambergrisy Musky Animalic Santal it is.

Well, liquified Ambergris and Santal are to be mixed by stirring for a long time. Musk is not to be macerated after pretty long time. I waited patiently, and now blended Rose.
    Opening notes are quite strong. I wish I had Mysore Santal 2002 at that time. Santal plays a key role in determining top notes.
    IMG20190815215242.jpg
    I shook it before taking the pic.

Arsalan, Bryan-I and tyson like this.
  14. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

I bet your patience paid off , im sure it smells stunning . Not a fan of the muddy mix though , what id do is add the musk and ambergris together into alcohol and heat it up... not hot but very warm and leave for a few weeks , then id run it though a filtering system with filters of 5 micron and then .8 micron . then id add the sandalwood oil and reduce this down to remove all the alcohol , preferably this would be done in a roto vap , and then to get the last tiny bit out id use a vacuum oven , the clarity would then be superb !

Rai Munir likes this.

Promote Oud!