DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Lots of stuff falls under trade descriptions act.......I can buy orange juice...I can buy orange flavored drink...I can buy orange squash....I can buy pure orange juice...I can buy pure orange juice drink......and so on....What a person buys may not necessarily be what they really wanted to buy. Marketing has become so slick that you may be buying Oudh flavored oil rather then pure Oudh oil.
The old saying...let the buyer beware still stands today.....
I can still buy whole meal bread instead of whole grain bread...thinking I am buying the first one.....:rolleyes:

Ameenroma Aromatics

Oud Beginner
Hi
Specifically 1979 Zest Bar Soap My wifie called it out on the spot immediately!! I almost ordered a 1979 vintage bar of Zest from Ebay just to prove her accuracy but I didn't have to its assuredly Zest Circa 1979.

It is kind of funny that Ebay has multiple availabilities for 1979 Zest bars but hey its a strange world we live in right ?
Anyway King of Thebes Oil and the EDP BOTH REAK of Zest soap it was truly nasty almost headache inducing
definitely headache inducing for my wifie..

You gotta respect their offer above to address the issue however that has to count for something
Hi Christian,

Hope you and your family are well.
Not to worry, if King of Thebes Mukhallat attar oil is not to your liking, we will be glad to assist you to fix the issue. (you may PM me directly).
As for your feedback as - Zest Soap, i will personally get the product to smell it and give you my comments.
Do note, we use infused musk (meaning - Musk grains soaked in floral oil/ Sandal Wood) and Cambodian Oud.

We have many repeat customers repurchasing King of Thebes Mukhallat attar oil - as such we have kept the formulation as same as the vert first time we developed it. We do get customers occasionally informing us of the powdery/ Soapy scent. We do not want to modify our mixtures just based on the minority feedback, as such we value everyone's feedback and try our level best to provide the best customer experience.
What i may say, we use pure ingredients, with no synthetic nor chemical mixtures.

God Bless,
Stay Safe - Stay Healthy
Regards,

Reactions: MzM

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
They will stand behind all the products they sell and refund or replace. Awesome customer service, that being said I have found all the products of low or questionable quality and would not recommend them.
Thank you for that I really appreciate the insight .....
I "thought" I liked their Oud Trat Royal and BTW they / he answered in this forum pretty quickly today when I said hi,
but there is something synthetic about it , I kind of like the bit of barn yardiness of it but it pretty quickly gets synthetic .

Are you allowed to make generic recommendations of some of the purveyors in here ?
Like "I'd recommend XYZ"
Thank you, good weekend

Ameenroma Aromatics

Oud Beginner
Thank you for that I really appreciate the insight .....
I "thought" I liked their Oud Trat Royal and BTW they / he answered in this forum pretty quickly today when I said hi,
but there is something synthetic about it , I kind of like the bit of barn yardiness of it but it pretty quickly gets synthetic .

Are you allowed to make generic recommendations of some of the purveyors in here ?
Like "I'd recommend XYZ"
Thank you, good weekend
Hi Christian,

Rest Assured Oud Trat Royal is not Synthetic. Oud changes in scent by time, some from woody to smoke, some from honey like to earthy, It really depends on the Oud type, age and region. As mentioned, Oud Trat Royal are not the best aged Ouds we have :) We like to provide a variety to our customer. Some like sweet, some like barn, some like it super strong and others like it balance. We have made our inventory in a way to provide all the mentioned to cater to many type of customers liking.

Some synthetic ouds can come close to really Ouds and i completely understand your point of view. But i can provide you my assurance, Ameenroma Aromatics Ouds are not mixed or synthetically made.

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
Hi Christian,

Rest Assured Oud Trat Royal is not Synthetic. Oud changes in scent by time, some from woody to smoke, some from honey like to earthy, It really depends on the Oud type, age and region. As mentioned, Oud Trat Royal are not the best aged Ouds we have :) We like to provide a variety to our customer. Some like sweet, some like barn, some like it super strong and others like it balance. We have made our inventory in a way to provide all the mentioned to cater to many type of customers liking.

Some synthetic ouds can come close to really Ouds and i completely understand your point of view. But i can provide you my assurance, Ameenroma Aromatics Ouds are not mixed or synthetically made.
I respect your claim and assurance brother. I assuredly didn't mean to imply that your products might be proportionally synth I only humbly respectfully with my novice nose described my personal experience.

Assuredly I do not have a valid stabile base of experience to compare against just yet ( coming soon ) . And as a matter of fact I actually like the Ode Trat Royal and the Mukallat Al Skeikh but the King of Thebes was very much just a bar of 1979 Zest bar soap --- in my humble opinion.

There are elements of that "soap" in the Mukallat Al Skeikh but I still like it. I mentioned the potential synth notes but again understand that I am inexperienced.

My real concern with those two was longevity and you cleared that up for me when you mentioned some others that might have longer staying power in some other thread. Peace and prosperity upon you and your business bro, my little opinion is just my opinion.

For what Its worth my tiny tiny droplet sample of Oud Trat Royal that you sent me .. which made me interested enough to buy the bottle, thank you I do really appreciate that .... still has a powerful wonderful enigmatic aroma even though its empty, that I just don't get from the bottle that I actually purchased .. whatever that means ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
Alright gentlemen, Thebes is absolutely NOT what I expected. It smells like pure, powdery soap. That’s it. No other notes just plain ol’ soap that your grandma probably bathed you in as a child. Now don’t get me wrong soap doesn’t smell bad but this is just downright false advertising.

Bro specifically 1979 Zest bar , My wifie hit it right on the head No doubt Zest Circa 1979

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
I just want to say that Ameenroma sent me a huge lot of samples for review (due to comments made on the forum) which received months ago, but I simply have not had the time to do justice and post a write up on my thoughts.... but watch this space. I will be posting something in the next week or so. I also received a sample of one of the oils from a customer that was the subject of some negative comments and will be comparing what I received with that.

Normally I would not do this for any vendor, let alone one not on the platform, but I felt obliged as the vendor felt that some of the comments were unfair and so it was only fair to allow him the chance of a proper appraisal.

Last edited:

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Hey that’s awesome! I see my initial comments were a bit unsavory and unfair but I still stand by my assessment of King of Thebes smelling like soap. Now I was told recently that depending on your exposure to certain materials and scents, things like soap and powder might not be perceivable to others who do have a lot of experience and exposure to those materials.

So maybe someone else won’t smell soap. I’ve learned a lot since I’ve first started posting on forums and I realize that my experience isn’t the only experience and I used to be hypercritical of everything because I thought that’s what you’re SUPPOSED to do. I’ve since moved on from that kind of energy as I realized it only serves to take away from someone else’s livelihood. So @Ameenroma Aromatics I apologize for the remarks I made because I could have worded it in a more kind and civil manner.

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
For what its worth I now really like the Barnyardy Oud Trat Royal from Ameenroma. I will probably order a larger vial since mine is already done done.
(yes yes my Inexperience , there is a sample from Ensar in my possession of something heavenly in that barnyardy category but its barely a tear drop so I dunno what I have.... its not even enough to test ...and its too cold here still to risk trying [$$$] )

Additionally & respectfully I clarified that my personal inexperienced impression of King of Thebes & Mukhallat Al Sheikh as Zest bar 1979 was just my personal impression ( ha ha well that and my wifies too ) and I have little experience to make comparisons and agree completely with Castingshadows...
I grew up with Zest soap in my life daily and my wifie experienced it in similar fashion,
but totally
"depending on your exposure to certain materials and scents," blah blah .. Thus I said synthetic because I got that soapy effect from it

It can assuredly be subjective .. Example---
I'm digging the Oud Trat Royal I got from Ameenroma but My wifie puts her hoodie over her nose when she smells it .
Again subjective...

ten - fifteen minutes later that same swipe of Oud Trat Royal seems a bit Synth on my skin and not natural ( TO ME )
but I don't have enough experience to not want another 6ml btl at that price. ya see Subjective.

Ameenroma Aromatics

Oud Beginner
I just want to say that Ameenroma sent me a huge lot of samples for review (due to comments made on the forum) which I did months ago, but I simply have not had the time to do justice and post a write up on my thoughts.... but watch this space. I will be posting something in the next week or so. I also received a sample of one of the oils from a customer that was the subject of some negative comments and will be comparing what I received with that.

Normally I would not do this for any vendor, let alone one not on the platform, but I felt obliged as the vendor felt that some of the comments were unfair and so it was only fair to allow him the chance of a proper appraisal.
Salams my dear brother.

Thank you for the clarification. I really appreciate your efforts with the Oud Addict Team in work to keep the Oud community intacct with your suggestions, upgrades and post moderations in this forum.

Once again, i look forward to your genuine feedback :)

BaarakAllah Feek

Ameenroma Aromatics

Oud Beginner
Hey that’s awesome! I see my initial comments were a bit unsavory and unfair but I still stand by my assessment of King of Thebes smelling like soap. Now I was told recently that depending on your exposure to certain materials and scents, things like soap and powder might not be perceivable to others who do have a lot of experience and exposure to those materials.

So maybe someone else won’t smell soap. I’ve learned a lot since I’ve first started posting on forums and I realize that my experience isn’t the only experience and I used to be hypercritical of everything because I thought that’s what you’re SUPPOSED to do. I’ve since moved on from that kind of energy as I realized it only serves to take away from someone else’s livelihood. So @Ameenroma Aromatics I apologize for the remarks I made because I could have worded it in a more kind and civil manner.
My Dear brother,

No apologies needed bother. I guess we all are in a learning process everyday :) even for myself personally. I really appreciate all the feedback received to provide better products and services. As mentioned, the demographics of people have different liking to different products and preserve it to what they have either used before, or can associated it to. Regardless good or bad, as contributors to the forum, we all can learn many new things from others experiences and feedback. Once again, thank you for your genuine feedback and i look forward to more interaction with you guys!

God bless and stay safe

Ameenroma Aromatics

Oud Beginner
For what its worth I now really like the Barnyardy Oud Trat Royal from Ameenroma. I will probably order a larger vial since mine is already done done.
(yes yes my Inexperience , there is a sample from Ensar in my possession of something heavenly in that barnyardy category but its barely a tear drop so I dunno what I have.... its not even enough to test ...and its too cold here still to risk trying [$$$] )

Additionally & respectfully I clarified that my personal inexperienced impression of King of Thebes & Mukhallat Al Sheikh as Zest bar 1979 was just my personal impression ( ha ha well that and my wifies too ) and I have little experience to make comparisons and agree completely with Castingshadows...
I grew up with Zest soap in my life daily and my wifie experienced it in similar fashion,
but totally
"depending on your exposure to certain materials and scents," blah blah .. Thus I said synthetic because I got that soapy effect from it

It can assuredly be subjective .. Example---
I'm digging the Oud Trat Royal I got from Ameenroma but My wifie puts her hoodie over her nose when she smells it .
Again subjective...

ten - fifteen minutes later that same swipe of Oud Trat Royal seems a bit Synth on my skin and not natural ( TO ME )
but I don't have enough experience to not want another 6ml btl at that price. ya see Subjective.
Hi brother,

As mentioned on a earlier post, i guess we all are in a learning process everyday, learning never stops :) . Something new i have learnt from you and the rest - Zest Bar 1979 ! I manage to find it and tested it my self. It has similar notes to King of Thebes Attar but mild (your wife was not wrong i'd say). Ameenroma - King of thebes has more sweet musky notes to it and changes through time. Either way it was your perception and how you related to it :) completely fine and nothing wrong with that feedback brother. Thank you once again!

Every Oud oil from different regions have different character and how they change from time to time. Some sweet, some barn, woody, smokey, earthy etc. Depends on the region, the oud species, the extractions process and even the soil quality (where the tree is planted) affects the character of the Oud.

In due time, you will learn the ropes of Oud my dear brother. The more you use it and explore in it, the better anyone will become :)

Stay safe and God bless!

Ahmed113

Oud Beginner
That picture of the opened “Himalayan Deer Musk Pod” was enough for me to steer clear of the entire website
These fake musk pods are sold throughout the Middle East as real musk pods. My Advice is to steer clear from these shady sites as they false advertise their products and charge exorbitant prices for cheap products.

Giorgiob67

Just Arrived
I just want to say that Ameenroma sent me a huge lot of samples for review (due to comments made on the forum) which received months ago, but I simply have not had the time to do justice and post a write up on my thoughts.... but watch this space. I will be posting something in the next week or so.
Hi, did you have the chance to review them? I am on the line to order something from Ameenroma. Thanks a lot

Reactions: MzM

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
my order from them is recent however SEE ABOVE as I have cited previously a product from them was to my liking another was not. I personally have only had samplers of "real" oils and they despite being crem de la creme $$$ and big name had no longevity .(Ensar) .. Note another product from Ameenroma is good for my car but still a bit soapy one product, very barnyardy seemed a little synth to me but had some longevity but I liked it so I will be ordering it again with something new to test their quality. But honestly they are like low on the to do list since I've been there done that and the reviews here say Umm nope as well as my recent personal experiences . I want the barnyardy one but it will be a while before I am willing to try them again for a blind buy

Kevinoud69

Oud Beginner
What is already certain is that they sell mixed oils because on some products it is indicated "100%" pure and on other first prices this mention does not appear. I have already ordered several normally pure oils and I am in doubt as I find some to be too shiny. This is of course only my opinion, it would take extensive testing to have a guaranteed response.

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
Ameen should consider a review panel for each item on sale. Would be helpful.
Your avatar makes me want to ask if you throw just oud wood in that bakhoor burner on charcoal or if you use those perfumed thingies like
those compressed perfumed chips or perfumed wood that's not agarwood. I ask because all the "Bakhoor" I've tried was too incensey for the wifie and she complained . But that's not saying much she even complains about real oud simmering on a subitism burner on low heat. But back on point I revisited my remaining droplet or two of Oud Trat from Ammen and its just kind of blah at this point with a little synth.