Ancient Ground Mysore Sandalwood

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, Aug 31, 2018.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Here is a super sinking log of the very best ground sandalwood from Mysore India ,Its practically become crystalline ! When I cut into this ancient log I was astounded by the density and pure saturation of the resin , its like all the rest of the woods resins and oils migrated into the inner part of the log and the rest of the log long since rotted away under the ground leaving this precious jewel . By the looks of it, it must have been buried for a very very long time . This is definitely the best of the best of any Mysore sandalwood that I have ever seen . I only kept two small chunks one 87 grams and another 54 grams @ 2 usd a gram . The rest has been grinded down to a very fine powder and will be distilled on the next full moon . This time will be different though as I'm going to cure the oil for a very long time so it wont be for sale anytime soon . I really want to focus my skills on the cure and give it many years in a quarts goblet only covered by a cloth so it can breath . I will show little videos of the process of distilling later .
    This is every bit the classic Mysore profile but so much age has rounded out any sharp note , it has this cooling ethereal note that I find entrancing, and is what I'm looking for in sandalwood for my energywork and meditations , this log is so vibrant and full of energy, truly a divine gift from the higher realms . Nature really has outdone herself with this one !!
    IMG_0758.jpg IMG_0759.jpg IMG_0760.jpg

Aleata, KHH, RoyalFrag and 6 others like this.
  2. Grega

Grega True Ouddict

Ah that looks wonderful!
    I hope everything goes smooth with your project.
    You can count me in to buy some oil once you are finished. *starts saving*

3. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

87 grams chunk sold
    54 grams chuck available

4. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Lots of time to save for this oil :p and thanks for the well wishes im really looking forward to distilling this one

Nicolas and Grega like this.
  5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Both chunks sold :)

Rai Munir likes this.
  6. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Powder is left:Roflmao:

tyson likes this.
  7. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

I don't really want to part with any of this or the oil made from it . :D

Arsalan likes this.
  8. Grega

Grega True Ouddict

Heh
    Hehe that's what I like the most!

tyson and Rai Munir like this.
  9. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

Thanks for sharing your finds!

tyson likes this.
  10. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Today I start distilling this ancient wonder . Ground to a fine paste in a stone malanger and then freezed in jugs and thawed 6 times , its now gone into the pot . The whole still and pot were cleaned 3 times and alcohol distilled though it to get it squeeky clean . Canadian spring water is used again just like the Inkanyezi. All systems go on the finest sinking ground Mysore log I have ever seen . Pics to come

11. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

First drops are in the collector , took a sample swipe . Super mysore projection very powerful deeply moving to the senses . You can smell and feel the earth energy that has infused itself into this oil. Its transformed the typical mysore scent and heightened it , refined it over the decades , no sharp notes , no twang or weird smells just glorious depth and refined vibrancy , I can tell this one needs a long cure , and the longer it ages the better it will become . This is a perfect perfume and earthy magic ! First impression is cool sweet earthy ethereal almost a minty vibe but very subdued , milk and honey are present but not overly so . Forest floor in the early morning while the dew still clings to the greens and barks and soil . Louder than I would have thought like a great old presence wise with ancient wisdom yet refreshing , pleasing and reserved . It says give me time time time and I will reveal to you more of my mysteries .

Rasoul Salehi, KHH, Grega and 2 others like this.
  12. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

Not too much time bro! Looking forward to this one! The powder smells amazing on electric heater...the wood is incredibly dense and smells awesome at room temp! I am sure this oil will be amazing!

Rasoul Salehi, tyson and Bryan-I like this.
  13. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

I can sell some before its fully mature , then you get to join me on the aging process which is fun to see how it progresses .
    This oils focus is on making an alchemical oil

Copper is an atomic element (Cu). The metal copper as we usually see it and use it at human scales consists of many closely packed atoms. This packing does not qualify as a molecule, rather some crystalline structure, crystal grains with many defects.

I boiled some water through the still and then left the still like that for a few day , this released some of the copper so that when I went to distill the oil more copper atoms would come over with the oil . The oil right now is blue green and quite beautiful . The trick is how much copper will assist in the alchemical oils transformation and whats too much and will come out too coppery just the right amount and with a long cure a magic happens were the copper atoms and the oils change each other . That's why this is a long cure oil because im looking to make something that's more than the parts . Im my last oils ive went for strait purity and to mimic exactly the smell of the wood . This time im creating a alchemical oil . As a distiller we can use the different metals to influence the oils in all kinds of ways but the understanding of it is something im just getting into , im not as scientific as I am artistic and creative and inventive using my intuition and following my nose . So many variables that a lifetime would not even be enough but ill just keep an open cup and let the answers manifest

Grega, KHH, Bryan-I and 1 other person like this.
  14. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

just a dash of copper in this alchemical oil … such a beautiful blue green . As this oil changes/ages it will lose this color as the copper in it transforms its structure IMG_0212.jpg IMG_0217.JPG

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Sproaty, KHH and Arsalan like this.
  15. Al Shareef Oudh

Al Shareef Oudh Resident Artisan

magical stuff, looks like that hydrosol still has a good amount of oil in it. Did you note how the oil started coming out a lot earlier with using the fine melangered material?

KHH and tyson like this.
  16. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Hi hi , yes does look like there is lots of oil in the hydrosol , perhaps this oil is especially dense .
    I did note that the oil did start coming out of the still sooner and faster , I think the melanger did the trick there. a step that could assist in production runs of greater amounts . You can tell when the melanger does not need more time as the resins of the sandalwood start to come out and stick to the sides and parts of the melanger . I feel at this point the wood material is at its max release . Takes about 8 hours to get it to that point in my initial trials .

KHH and Bryan-I like this.
  17. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

COLOUR!:praying::mouth::praying:
    Sorry, Tyson, I could find no other emoji.

Sproaty and tyson like this.
  18. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Aluhlaza Marakata
    The meaning “the green of glowing things” comes from the Sanskrit word “Marakata”
    This oil will change as the copper crystals interact and change the oil . This will be seen when the color changes , im not sure how long this will take but the end result is to have 1 plus one equal more than 2 … as Inkanyezi is very similar in smell you will get to see what adding minuet atoms of copper will do for a sandalwood oil.
    This new oil so far is breathtakingly beautiful , a super high vibration with the magical ethereal note that im seeking to further accent with the addition of the copper atoms . The only real way this is going to make any sense is if you join me on this journey and age the samples,oil ...smelling them now and then .

Im going to give out free samples of it to anyone on ouddict and you just pay the shipping of 15 usd … ill send out .2 to anyone here that would like to explore this alchemical oil with me and well see how it changes over the course of time :) Honestly and humbly I fully expect it to exceed anything available today but it will take time , give it a few years and its full glory will be revealed , the copper and oil must fully morph together only then will it be complete.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  19. Agil

Agil Whats this Oud About?

Wish I could time travel to future 2030 for 2 mins to sniff this oil. lol

One basic question - Can the wood paste directly used for distillation, from the stone grinder? What are the advantages of freezing and thawing it prior to it?

tyson likes this.
  20. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

I could have used the paste without the last step but I wanted to further break down any cell walls and release any oils . Freezing and thawing mimics natures systems and I always learn best from nature . It expands and contracts at a very small molecular level so I feel it really loosens everything up , perhaps not a needed step but I had the time and wanted to try it out

Promote Oud!