1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

And We Thought Oud Was Expensive...shumukh

Discussion in 'Rising Phoenix' started by RisingPhoenix, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

This is an obvious target for ridicule I guess, but doesn’t it seem like this glitzy packaging is just the ultimate expression of how luxury niche oud and perfume is marketed across the board? pretty much going in the same direction as all the tacky crystal bejewel’d bottles that fall apart and all the “royal” and “kyara” and “kinam” “incense grade” “sinking grade” nonsense that gets thrown around when trying to make a product stand out from
    the crowd (talking about the hyperbole, not honest efforts to tincture kyara or extract sinking double-super whatever). They just have the money to take it to its logical conclusion I guess, and can add physical adornments to lend credibility to the verbal adornments we are all used to. It is all absurd and an insult to one’s intelligence, I agree. What the hell do you do with the bottle? Keep it as a commercial centerpiece to show off your wealth? Cannot think of anything more tacky than that. Recycle it for the gold and diamonds?

Ouddict, RisingPhoenix and Sproaty like this.
  2. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

Hehe - yes, that I saw. I meant in all the video promotional materials. It’s all about the bottle / stand / display - nothing really about the fragrance :Roflmao:

3. RisingPhoenix

Exchange it for the value of gold and silver and diamonds in one of the mall vending machines when the fragrance is all used up?

4. Ouddict

Ouddict Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support

I think it’s completely vulgar and obscene.

Grega, tyson and RisingPhoenix like this.
  5. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

I’d dump out the perfume (what are the odds that it actually smells good, anyway?) clean it out and use it as my personal water bottle, just to make sure everyone knows how much disposable income I have.

Either that or make it into a hood ornament for my Hyundai.

Joe King, Ouddict and RisingPhoenix like this.
  6. RisingPhoenix

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao::raisedhands:

7. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

My main concern about that Lavish Bottle, and how many peanuts it costs (50 truckloads full), is that..........
    If I’m going to spend that kind of money........
    Then there should be an Argon gas injector system, that replaces the oxygen in the bottle every time I take a swipe.
    I ain’t havin’ oxidation now yo:mad:
    :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Abu Amir, RisingPhoenix and Ouddict like this.
  8. Ouddict

Ouddict Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support

:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RisingPhoenix likes this.
  9. RisingPhoenix

Where is the knee slapping, rolling on the floor emoji!?

Promote Oud!