1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Anyone Try Royal Kinam 2.0 Yet?

Discussion in 'Oud Reviews' started by Dean, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Dean

Dean Whats this Oud About?

Curious how this oil holds up considering it’s supposed to be minimum 50% kyara wood distillation....

2. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Well it says “50% kinam species wood”. That is not the same as saying it is made from 50% kinam grade agarwood. I also am curious about the idea of “kinam species“ - is kinam from a single species that has been identified? Anyway, no doubt it will be one juicy agarwood oil. I have the original royal kinam and it is an interesting and vibrant oil that (I think) is Aquilaria sinensis? Would love to get a whiff of this one.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  3. Dean

Your right, he further explains that within that 50% those trees were either forming kinam or already had developed it... so how exactly can you tell if kinam is forming on the tree?

4. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Vietnamese Kinam
    Cambodi Kinam
    Chinese Kinam
    Brunei Kinam
    Borneo Kinam

White Kinam
    Black Kinam
    Yellow Kinam

I think I must have forgotten many more.

Now, Royal Kinam! Of course, it must be the very best among the best. One of my friends acquired, wore and adored. It must be a very good oil.

A couple of years before, a thread had been started here about Kyra and Kinam. I started the thread after trying Kyra Ltd.

A single tree with Kinam is a new aspect. Hope those who have enough experience regarding heating Kinam, their comments will be beneficial. But a couple of years before, Kyara and Kinam oils had been only kinamic without Kinam.

Now two oils on the market have earned fame: JK and AA's.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  5. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

I have smelled both Royal Kinam and Royal Kinam v2 and Kyara LTD and Kyara LTD v2. I can't comment on the claims of the wood used - Ensar knows best about that and questions should be directed to him, but given the economics, I think even he would concede that these oils don't actually contain any significant amount of Kinam, if anything at all. However, what is clear, is that the oils are claimed to smell like Kinam/Kyara and this is probably an olfactory art that Chinese distillers have probably taken years to develop and perfect. Do they smell like Kinam/Kyara? I don't really know as I am not familiar with the scent of burning Kyara chips - I have a small chip at home, but never placed it on a heater. JK has kindly sent a ting sample of his Blue Kyara oil and I will get to compare the Kyara LTD with it and perhaps write up a review, bearing in mind that the Blue Kyara is a CO2 extraction, while the Kyara LTD is a distilled oil.

As far as the different versions of the Royal Kinam and Kyara LTD are concerned, I have compared both side by side and to me, there is not much difference, if any, between the Royal Kinam and Royal Kinam v2, but the Kyara LTD definitely was stronger and deeper than the Kyara LTD v2 - possibly due to the difference in age.

6. Dean

I can’t wait to hear what you think of Blue Kyara compared to these oils my friend haha

7. Imran S

Imran S Oud Fanatic

I have Royal Kinam 1.0 for comparison

[​IMG]

Hakim likes this.

Promote Oud!