Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Please read the rules carefully before submitting your nominations below for shortlisting.

You have until the 31st December 2020 to submit a nomination, after which polls will open and no more nominations will be accepted.

Note that nominations that violate the rules will be discarded.

The Oud/Attar of the Year Competition. There has been a subtle, but significant difference in the name of the competition from Oud of the Year to Artisanal Oud Community Awards.

Ouddict members will have the chance to shortlist the following:

1. Wild Oud oils from Ouddict Resident Artisans only that have been on sale at any time in 2020. Please do not shortlist/nominate oud vendors that are not on the forum as they will not be considered. We changed the format last year to limit consideration to forum vendors only and will retain it for this year, but may revise this approach for the 2021 Artisanal Oud Community Awards. Note the clue is in the name.... Artisanal Oud Community Awards. A full list of the Resident Artisans can be found here - https://ouddict.com/categories/the-artisanal-oud-guild.53/.

2. Organic Oud oils from Ouddict Resident Artisans only that have been on sale at any time in 2020. Please do not shortlist/nominate oud vendors that are not on the forum as they will not be considered. We changed the format last year to limit consideration to forum vendors only and will retain it for this year, but may revise this approach for the 2021 Artisanal Oud Community Awards. Note the clue is in the name.... Artisanal Oud Community Awards. A full list of the Resident Artisans can be found here - https://ouddict.com/categories/the-artisanal-oud-guild.53/.

3. Artisanal Attars and Natural Scents from Ouddict Resident Artisans and external vendors, e.g. Sultan Pasha, Mellifluence and so forth. For the purposes of this competition, essential oils and extracts done in a artisanal way are also acceptable - for example, a sandalwood oil from Tyson Mortensen.

4. Incense and woods. So this can be incense sticks, resins, Agarwood, sandalwood etc from Ouddict Resident Artisans only.

Award Categories.jpg

The format is as follows:

1. Oud, there are two categories. Wild and Organic. An Oud of the Year will be voted separately for each category in parallel.

2. The search for the Oud and Artisanal Attar of the Year starts with a nomination by members, a 1st Round poll and Final Round poll.

3. A member may only vote if they have bought the Oud or sampled it. We will be making checks to enforce this.

4. A maximum of up to 5 Ouds/Attars for each category can be nominated for inclusion by members for inclusion in the first round poll. You do not have to nominate 5 Oud oils / Attars per category, but you cannot nominate more than 5 per category. This is to keep the exercise manageable and prevent “spamming”.

5. The 1st Round Poll will be created from the nominated list of Ouds/Attars.

6. A Final Round will be created from the 1st Round results.

7. The Oud and Attar of the Year will be announced sometime January, 2021.

8. Any member who does not follow these rules will be barred from any further involvement in the Oud of the Year 2019 vote. No exceptions. No excuses.

Note for Vendors and Vendor Associates
1. You can take part in the Artisanal Oud Community Awards 2020
2. You cannot nominate your own products.

Last edited:

Ouddict

I nominate the following:

Wild Oud Oils
OudBase - Ceylon Nirvana
Olefaktory - Wild Sri

Organic Oud Oils
OudBase - Zenensis

Attars
Imperial Oud - Mashriq
Sultan Pasha - Juriah

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
If one or more of these is 2019, apologies - happy to pick others!

Wild Oud Oils:

Habz - Fahad
Habz - Asad

Organics:

ASO - Mustaqbil
AH - Kelatan

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
I nominate

Wild Oud Oils
RBO - Wild Oud Oil From Khao Kho Thailand
RBO - Non Soaked Bangladesh Bandarban Oud oil

Organic Oud Oils
ASO - Halawa

Attars
Mellifluence - 278 Al Kholoud
Mellifluence - 264 Eucabid II
ASO - Hekayat

Incense
Cultivated Kinam from Edward.

Last edited:

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
For oud of the year?

While highly regarded, Neither are oud oils and one is a sandalwood product.

From original post;
"The Oud/Attar of the Year Competition. There has been a subtle, but significant difference in the name of the competition from Oud of the Year to Artisanal Oud Community Awards."

Not really an attar but could fit the bill, I suppose?

Ouddict

For oud of the year?

While highly regarded, Neither are oud oils and one is a sandalwood product.

The votes are for Oud of the Year and Attar of the Year.. Attar here is used quite loosely taking the linguistic meaning - "perfume/scent" rather than the historical usage normally associated in the West with the attars from Kannuaj, India where they were sandalwood based distillations of natural aromatics. But its a good point, so I have provided added clarification in the original post for what is acceptable. I was toying with the idea of "incense or wood" of the year too....

Ouddict

Incense
Hainan Island Incense Sticks - Rising Phoenix
Cultivated Kinam - Olefaktory

Last edited:

Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Wild Oud Oils
Al Hashimi - Akkad
Royal Bengal Ouds - Khao Kho, Thailand
Rising Phoenix Perfumery - Terengganu Ant
Al Shareef Oudh - Jamaal

Attar/Natural Scents
Mellifluence - Spirit of Naarda 2
Mellifluence - Sandal rose
Rising Phoenix Perfumery - Thai Blue Lotus

Incense/Wood
OudBase - Ratnapura
Al Hashimi - Brunei Ghattas
Rising Phoenix Perfumery - Huian Senkoh
Rising Phoenix Perfumery - Asian Pear Senkoh

Ouddict

I think I’ll have to advertise the nominations in a mail shot... for those of you looking, feel free to nominate away.

zeedubbya

True Ouddict
I’ll play....

Wild Oud Oils

Royal Bengal Ouds - Khao Kho (hits way way above its $)
https://www.ouddict.com/wiki/?title=Thailand
Habzoud— Sultan (Non Public Release—brilliant Malay), or Asad (if publicly released is required)

Al Hashimi—Khmer or Eden (both excellent oils..IBN Zamrak would be top of the list but I think it was technically a last years release)

Olefaktory—Economy Laos (EjayB and I had a bit of a disagreement, but I cannot deny I love this oil for the price and Ejay generously sharing it. I wear it A LOT. Bygones are bygones when there’s undeniable greatness).

Attar/Natural Scents

Rising Phoenix Perfumery - Thai Blue Lotus Attar (this is the only Attar I’ve consistently worn from vendors here, but it’s fantastically well blended, and VERY mind bending—Taesik Yun’s reveiew is spot on accurate to my impressions)

Tyson’s Elimindali (I can’t spell it but it’s THE BEST Sandalwood Oil I’ve ever come across by leaps and bounds....amazing amazing).

Incense/Wood

KodoKing—Various Wood from Jeff which all have been superb beyond my wildest dreams. Rookie of the Year for sure!

Al Hashimi - Brunei Ghattas (way too cheap for the awesome experience!).

....and of course... the Cultivated Kinam.....there’s no way to deny this stuff is a total hit—a real game changer. It’s not the same as the Kinam and Kyara samples I’ve received from KodoKing and (the most generous) Oudamberlove but it’s just awesome stuff. If you haven’t sampled it yet—Trust me—JUST GET SOME—right away.! )

Bilal

True Ouddict
Attars/Natural Scents:

Al Mashriq by IO

Sajaro Imperial 201 by Mellifluence

Rising Phoenix Perfumery- Mughal Amber Oud

Basmati Rose-Sultan Pasha Attar

Cuir de Russie: Areej Le Dore

Wild Ouds:

Agar Aura Blue Malay

Agar Aura Myitkyina 4k

HabzOud Al Janah