Mr.P

oud<3er
“Rose petals natural” (Robertet) from perfumers supply house...

This is a multi-extract Rose Otto - some combination of distillation / vacuum distillation and extraction intended to capture the spectrum of rose scent while getting a higher yield. It is less expensive than a steam distillate.

To me I would guess this is based on Turkish rose oil. I recognize this particular faint dry/mineral scent in most Turkish oil I have smelled. Whatever they did, after the Turkish top fades, there is a nice juicy rose heart - pretty fresh smelling. It fades from there to a persistent rose base. It lacks the peppery citrus sparkle of Bulgarian Otto, which has a much more lifelike top note than this oil. Still, not a bad rose Otto at all and at a decent price.

cau

Oud Fanatic
SP Ensar Rose. I haven't enjoyed this previously and my opinion remains unchanged. Too delicate; could be mistaken as shallow or hollow, moreso than Nuit Persane or Al Hareem. I was never happy wearing Montale's Black Oud or Killian's Rose Oud. I have to resign myself to not liking rose forward scents... Sydnor, what about the RRP Musk Rose?

Grega

True Ouddict
Hebi from Mellifluence

While some of the newer samples from Mellifluence missed the mark for me Hebi is one of those I enjoy very much. The fiery musky resinous character is similar to Racine (yet more subtle) in that it seems to hold all the other notes together. This makes the Bulgarian rose feel immanent to the resin as opposed to being something external and blended to it. Thus the rose is subtle and not in your face. Myrrh and rose really do blend well.

A fiery blend that evokes an image of a dark red brown color where the scent feels like warm waxy incense powder with a dark rose aspect. Not loud but very satisfying on a deeper level.

iori

親月
Applied EO Iris noir on a sunny day 40deg plus here. I was surprised on the longevity of this one, I could whiff of it even after 9 hours.

Night spray oud maximus bortnikoff. I love its opening, it stays with me throughout.

Meantime new found addiction is Oud Luwak from Areej ledore it screams my attention every day. I am hooked on to its complexity
hey

could you share more info about EO iris noir, notes and is it strong etc

Muhammed Afthab

True Ouddict
hey

could you share more info about EO iris noir, notes and is it strong etc
Hi,

The notes I felt is as defined by him, meantime the over all effect of it is what impressed me. One me it gives a light buttery effect of the iris note through out. As a scent you might feel it's not so potent,but when applied especially when rubbed on cloths (I apply on my dark clothes or inner wear if wearing white shirts). It stays through out and on cloth, you can smell it well over a day.

Regarding strong, its not strong as in overly projecting and heavy sillage one. The scent lingers around you all day and you can get wafts of it every now an then.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Hi,

The notes I felt is as defined by him, meantime the over all effect of it is what impressed me. One me it gives a light buttery effect of the iris note through out. As a scent you might feel it's not so potent,but when applied especially when rubbed on cloths (I apply on my dark clothes or inner wear if wearing white shirts). It stays through out and on cloth, you can smell it well over a day.

Regarding strong, its not strong as in overly projecting and heavy sillage one. The scent lingers around you all day and you can get wafts of it every now an then.

It lasted almost 20 hours on my skin, surviving sleeping (where most oils rub off into my sheets) and a brief shower!