• 3.05 grams Sandal/Ambergris
  • 3.02 grams Koh Chang Intense
  • 0.28 grams Bulgarian Rose Otto
  • 0.12 grams + 1 drop Madagascar Vanilla
  • 0.66 grams Sandal/Ambergris

I took 0.53 grams from that and added:
  • .5 grams AWI Root Sandal
  • .2 grams bergamot
And it was Feel Oud Hindi Asli, not 777. Maybe 0.1 grams of it. Didn't take thorough notes.

Shamrose

Oud Beginner
Interesting . Are you able to pick out the individual oils? Rose is always hard to blend. But i see that you used a very small amount of vanilla as well. Is this vanilla absolute?

Anwar

True Ouddict
Interesting . Are you able to pick out the individual oils? Rose is always hard to blend. But i see that you used a very small amount of vanilla as well. Is this vanilla absolute?
No absolutes, rather vanilla in jajoba. There have been some beneficial posts in the past on techniques for blending rose.

Bergamot is a bit bitter, so the ambergris accentuates that with additional funk. The Hindi, cut and diluted by the other oils provides the chocolate. Probably helped by the vanilla.

Shamrose

Oud Beginner
I see. I get where you're coming from about the chocolate scent. I had a similar experience when I mixed a small amount of hindi along with aged mysore sandalwood. Also added a bit of trat oil. Result was a hayish sweet coco scent. The sandalwood smoothened out the whole thing. I would've loved to add a bit of vanilla , but didn't know the right type to use.

So the vanilla you have is vanilla absolute diluted inti into jojoba?

Anwar

True Ouddict
I see. I get where you're coming from about the chocolate scent. I had a similar experience when I mixed a small amount of hindi along with aged mysore sandalwood. Also added a bit of trat oil. Result was a hayish sweet coco scent. The sandalwood smoothened out the whole thing. I would've loved to add a bit of vanilla , but didn't know the right type to use.

So the vanilla you have is vanilla absolute diluted inti into jojoba?
NO ALCOHOL in the vanilla. Rather, extract in jajoba.

tyson

Oud Alchemist
Gowe , a special oil i distilled from african root tubors "cyprus articulatus" its cousin is nagarmotha and papyrus . Only .2 of 1 percent oil so it takes a ton of material . Very beautiful scent , one of my all time favourites i mixed it with some ambergris. Feeling very relaxed and happy!

Mr.P

oud<3er
Well you are a kind of hero of mine, Tyson. Bringing truly unique fragrance experiences to the masses. Seriously - your persistence and dedication in this area is inspired and inspiring. Wish you had a blog detailing your path to your unique place in the world of fragrance, and the various iterations of your equipment, process, and materials.

tyson

Oud Alchemist
Well you are a kind of hero of mine, Tyson. Bringing truly unique fragrance experiences to the masses. Seriously - your persistence and dedication in this area is inspired and inspiring. Wish you had a blog detailing your path to your unique place in the world of fragrance, and the various iterations of your equipment, process, and materials.
Yes ill have to start a blog thats a great idea, and thanks for the very kind words . I very much enjoy communion with the oils and learning from them . There is so much equipment to get it seems but ill keep chipping away at it .

Mr.P

oud<3er
Today it’s this old patchouli I uncovered while cleaning my garage. Bought it back in the late 90’s I think. It is amazing - tangy, musty, musky, earthy... so many layers.

Any patchouli lovers out there? Really syrupy old oxidized patchouli oil is one of my favorites for sure.

Mr.P

oud<3er
I know where to get jasmine oil distilled from jasmine concrete. Good quality and an interesting
variation of the jasmine fragrance.

www.amaromatics.com

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, or if you are looking for a ruh chameli( direct from flowers).