1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

"beware , Here There Be [sic] Oud"

Discussion in 'General' started by Bigboy, Aug 2, 2020 at 4:47 PM.

1. Bigboy

Bigboy True Ouddict

EO Brunei Kynam oil $10,500 for 3g

Thoughts, musings, fanboy endorsements and fire blazing trolls alike are welcome so long as my thread does not spontaneously burst into flames and you dont flame at me because im exempt because I'm not in the mood to argue and I say so damn it! Talk a walk if you got a problem with that! Bahaha!

My own half pence (its all I've left) is that there are certainly oils who command such prices (I think of sultani that sold for some outrageous price and JKs blue kyara , which while being as
    Different as Different can be from sultani is valued at US $14/15k per 3g (to my humble knowledge base this is the most expensive oil on earth) and one well informed ouddict pointed out is seconded only by king cobra venom (I bet that ish would make your tongue numb too along with other things). My thing is that in the case of BK you have an oil distilled from kyara. Not kynam (yes folks there is quite a difference (someone else can argue /explain) lol!

Anyways , let's here the unfiltered museings of the masses!
    WARNING HERE THERE BE OUD!

Kabir Attars and Oudamberlove like this.
  2. iori

iori True Ouddict

Sultani 2001 "Darul Iman" was 2000$ bottle " maybe later it was put up for more?

Oudamberlove likes this.
  3. Castingshadows

Castingshadows Oud Fan

Simply put I’ll never know. I love Oud but this isn’t priced for people like me. I’m still walking around the bottle of the barrel and mid range oils. I know one thing is for sure, I make good money but not enough to ever afford this kind of pricing, so my wife would probably strangle me to death in my sleep. I’m fact I know this to be true. She would snuff me out in a heartbeat hahah.

With that being said, I appreciate and respect the prices any vendors set. I’m a huge ensar fanboy but after researching this whole kynam/Kyara debate on here I wouldn’t feel confident that any vendor could live up to the expectations set forth to warrant a price so high without myself first being a master of Kyara/kynam scent profiles. I just couldn’t do it.

4. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

I love good agarwood, heating some is almost blissful, for $10,500 I could buy a LOT of agarwood
    :Inlove::Inlove::Inlove::Inlove::Inlove::Inlove:

5. iori

iori True Ouddict

^ would get great collection :D

Taesik Yun likes this.
  6. Brandon

Brandon Whats this Oud About?

I have some of this oil and it is indeed something very special.

7. DubOudh

DubOudh Whats this Oud About?

Yeah...Same here.....

8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

And I would get an Agarwood log and place a hot burning coal on that.

9. hasans1

hasans1 Oud Fan

It's so tough.

Certainly this oil is in a league of its own and the experience of this scent will blow your mind BUT...it's $10k

You can definitely buy a lot of oud for $10k. You can also eat at 100 restaurants for the price of Alinea but there's no substitute for the experience
    [​IMG]

So it's either completely absurd or absolutely essential or just a dream depending on your commitment to the journey and your budget.

Rai Munir, Bilal and EJayB like this.
  10. Bilal

Bilal Oud Fan

Oud's like this always bring up the age old question amongst enthusiasts- does price really correlate with experience when it comes to oud?

Isn't the price of oud based heavily on the scarceness of that particular type of wood + the financial might of those who value it +distillation costs+greed of the vendor, rather than the scent itself (and thus the experience) ?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020 at 7:53 AM
    Taesik Yun likes this.

Promote Oud!