Baieido Kyara Kokoh

Sublime Kyara session:Geek:

After many hours studying my Kyara sticks and chips, I realize that the scent of gently heated Kyara is different from combusted Kyara.

Most Kyara sticks portray the “Heated Kyara” note.
Kyara Kokoh delivers the “Combusted Kyara” note, and in order to do that, it must contain more Kyara in the mix, and pretty much the way to familiarize yourself with that note, is that you have to sacrifice a few slivers of Kyara on high heat:confused:

Dan

True Ouddict
Baieido Kyara Kokoh

Sublime Kyara session:Geek:

After many hours studying my Kyara sticks and chips, I realize that the scent of gently heated Kyara is different from combusted Kyara.

Most Kyara sticks portray the “Heated Kyara” note.
Kyara Kokoh delivers the “Combusted Kyara” note, and in order to do that, it must contain more Kyara in the mix, and pretty much the way to familiarize yourself with that note, is that you have to sacrifice a few slivers of Kyara on high heat:confused:
Woah!!! Kyara Koh Koh well done buddy ...

I'm still not able to convince myself my wallet to go for it ... hahaha

But I've read and heard so many good things about this stick that it's only fitting you pen down your experience for all of us :)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Mr.P

oud<3er
Sampled the Kyara Kokoh once. Pretty much the most robust / satisfying stick incense I have ever smelled. The second-tier Baieido kyara sticks do not compare (I don't recall what the name was of the cheaper kyara sticks). Shoyeido's translucent path (sho-kaku) is also nice, but it is the kyara kokoh that stands out in my memory.

Dan

True Ouddict
Sampled the Kyara Kokoh once. Pretty much the most robust / satisfying stick incense I have ever smelled. The second-tier Baieido kyara sticks do not compare (I don't recall what the name was of the cheaper kyara sticks). Shoyeido's translucent path (sho-kaku) is also nice, but it is the kyara kokoh that stands out in my memory.
For me best incense stick I've tried yet is Dr Incense- Sinking Tarakan Kynam Version.

This incense is so dense with actual oil that at times it just stops burning and you gotta light it again...

He will be dropping his new collection this Saturday. His sticks just like KZ sell out real quick but they are expensive..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@Mr.P
Your memory serves you well, Kyara Kokoh is robust indeed. I don’t like it’s aroma for scenting a room, but for appreciating the woods and the blend, then it really shines. Yes, the level next to it (Koh Shi Boku) can’t hold a candle to it.

@Dan
I will try to score some Tarakan Incense.
I have many favorite incense, and it is difficult for me to decide which is the best one I’ve tried.
I seem to reach for different ones, depending on several factors......kinda like, what oil to swipe:Cooler:

Right now...enjoying Seijudo Kyara Seiran

Been busy all morning studying the Yamadamatsu Shu-ju series, and the Nippon Kodo Superior Series.

The Shu-ju series is Yamadamatsu’s stick interpretation of the Rikkoku Set.
I’ll write about them some other day.

I don’t have the Kyara Fugaku of the Nippon Kodo Superior Incense series, and at $2000 a bundle, I probably will never have the Kyara Fugaku, but here is a non-clinical desperate attempt to review the others in the series. Take into consideration the fatigue I endured this morning, these descriptions are at best quick interpretations.

The Superior Series share a well-rounded powdery perfumey aroma mixed with woods. The binder notes are minimal to almost not discernible. The compositions are so tight-knit that I really struggle to come up with anything to say about them.

From the bottom up:

Kyara Momoyama smells of wood, binder, purple flowers, and a plum/benzoin mix.

Kyara Heian smells of wood, white flowers, and plum.

Kyara Asuka smells of a more resinated agarwoody wood, pink flowers, and pear.

Tokusen Kyara Kayou smells dominantly of resinated agarwood with a touch of Kyara, the perfume is subdued by such a force. The perfume itself hints of Jasmine and Banana.

WHEW!:confused::confused::confused:

hawk_757

Barn Bro
Burned some Adams Peak Sri Pada from RBO on my new Subitism from Luxurious Agarwood. Walla isn’t my fav wood to burn, but the subitism made it thoroughly enjoyable. I was jumping up on the voltage dial to liquify the resins and then jumping back down to really enjoy the experience. Makes every piece last much longer and even lower quality wood an excellent experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a
Burned some Adams Peak Sri Pada from RBO on my new Subitism from Luxurious Agarwood. Walla isn’t my fav wood to burn, but the subitism made it thoroughly enjoyable. I was jumping up on the voltage dial to liquify the resins and then jumping back down to really enjoy the experience. Makes every piece last much longer and even lower quality wood an excellent experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just as distillation tweaks affects the profile of the oud, temperature control when burning and heating wood, affects the profile and enjoyment.