1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Chinese Medicine And Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Rising Phoenix' started by RisingPhoenix, Mar 16, 2020.

1. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

haggis and Taesik Yun like this.
  2. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun Oud Fanatic Staff Member

I wonder how my local Kanpo doctor would think about this recipe.
    would they cook this if I ask? :Thumbsdown: hmmm

RisingPhoenix likes this.
  3. RisingPhoenix

Go ask! ;)

Taesik Yun likes this.
  4. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

Not sure we should be advertising alternative remedies for COVID 19 on the oud forum. Even if well intended. It being a virus and alternative treatments being perhaps pushed in an irresponsible way right now. Not you personally Jk but just in principle.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Arsalan and Taesik Yun like this.
  5. RisingPhoenix

I hear ya. Sadly, what our Western media isn’t covering is that Chinese Medicine had been the cornerstone of treatment in Asia. Heck - even the WHO has put out two separate reports - one reporting the success of CM treatments in Asia - and one without mention of it in the West.

I’ve been staying up to date and communicating with boots on the ground in China. Reading reports from fellow CM physicians, hospital reports - direct stuff, not from the Government.

TONS that I could be posting - I liked this because it was succinct and straight forward and essentially summarized the conclusions being made in effective treatments.

My clinic is still open. Still treating patients. Still shipping out meds. Rising Phoenix isn’t just a Perfumery ;) I’m also a Nationally Accredited and State Licensed healthcare practitioner.

People are overlooking not only Chinese Medicine as a resource - but their local CM practitioners as inexpensive, affordable, available, and most importantly - effective healthcare.

Just trying to do my part educating and broadening horizons.

haggis, EJayB, Joshua Riding and 3 others like this.
  6. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Can you link the WHO article please? I sent the other to a relative who laughed. Something scientific will sure shut them up ;)

Taesik Yun likes this.
  7. RisingPhoenix

I’ve been looking and looking for that WHO article. Haven’t been able to find it again.

Some other stuff you can pass along:

051EEE9D-AB34-45D5-9C93-165E193F67D1.jpeg 6AFF035F-8D1E-4023-9C9D-DBBC3F8E819A.jpeg 86FE1F23-99E5-45AC-83B9-22547E4061F7.jpeg 8F138A9B-D407-424C-A8C2-9B533C00A9C7.jpeg

Taesik Yun likes this.
  8. RisingPhoenix

Here’s a host of podc

Here’s a host of podcasts you can pass along. The newer ones are related to the recent outbreak.

This is from the head of the group that I belong to that’s been developing some formulas and treatment strategies geared specifically for the West.

They are worth a listen - very interesting, and he’s often often rather humorous :

https://botanicalbiohacking.com/blog

Taesik Yun likes this.
  9. RisingPhoenix

Folks aren’t going to find a ton of stuff in Google searches. Most of our industry isn’t accessible to the public.

The reality is - most folks that scoff at Chinese Medicine - the reasons fall under the category of science deniers and medical racism. Doesn’t matter what you show them. Doesn’t matter that it’s Primary Healthcare for half the world’s population. Doesn’t matter that it works.

Most research is in medical journals, isn’t written in English, and even when it is - is only accessible with a subscription. And even the ones that AREA openly accessible and written in English - nobody bothers to take the time to read and educate themselves.

Here’s some additional medical journal reading you can pass along:

The American Journal of Chinese Medicine :
    https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscinet/ajcm

The Journal of Chinese Medicine :
    https://www.journalofchinesemedicine.com/

World Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine :
    http://www.wjtcm.org/ch/index.aspx

PS - in China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan - there are multiples more East Asian medical journals than Western Medical research. It’s insane how much research is being done - the vast majority of it isn’t in English

Taesik Yun likes this.
  10. RisingPhoenix

11. RisingPhoenix

Taesik Yun likes this.
  12. RisingPhoenix

Free CEU’s on treating Coronavirus with CM :

Join Lhasa OMS and the Pacific College of Health and Science (Formerly Pacific College of Oriental Medicine) as we host, Dr. John Chen, Ph.D., Pharm.D., O.M.D., L.Ac. from Evergreen Herbs to discuss how coronavirus (COVID-19) is currently being treated with TCM in China.

https://blog.lhasaoms.com/industry-...reated-in-china-with-tcm-featuring-john-chen/

PS - CEU’s are Continuing Education Credits. Licensed healthcare practitioners need to maintain CEU’s to review their licenses. The learning never ends :)

13. RisingPhoenix

Pubmed Article.

Doesn’t state it so plainly here - but CM has been treating pandemics for 1800+ years.

5910C0E7-79B0-4B35-A38E-7AE57F6B7760.png F22E39F3-FCF9-46A3-B45D-923EA4DD4CAD.png

14. RisingPhoenix

15. RisingPhoenix

I read an article that I’ve sadly misplaced, indicating that WHO did two reports on the effectiveness of China’s measures. One was for consumption in China, which as this article attached indicates - praised the Chinese traditional medicine approach. The other version of the WHO report purportedly states those measures did not appear to have any quantifiable effect.

Why the medial bias outside of Asia??

An integrated treatment of western drugs and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) has helped most of the over 50,000 coronavirus patients in China to recover from the deadly disease, a Chinese expert medical team said on Monday. Compared with those on...

Read more at:

https://www.deccanherald.com/intern...-covid-19-patients-recover-report-812142.html

16. RisingPhoenix

Rai Munir likes this.
  17. RisingPhoenix

Ya know what’s ironic?

Hospital staff are coming to see me.
    Word is getting around.

They treat their patients with Western Medicine. They treat themselves with Chinese Medicine.

I’ve been informally asked to speak with some local doctors and hospital staff. Formal invitation is supposedly coming soon.

There’s opportunity to start changing medical perceptions out there. Hope folks are smart enough to take notice.

Hakim, Rai Munir and Dean like this.
  18. Dean

Dean Kinam King

Stay safe out there! I know most are cutting off normal life with social distancing (some the extent of pretty much quarantining themselves). Anything you can do to help will mean a lot JK, keep up the amazing work my friend

RisingPhoenix likes this.
  19. RisingPhoenix

Thanks! What’s funny is that many Acu’s have closed up shop, more out of fear than anything else. My Western Medical folks, on the other hand, have almost all commented on how minimal the risk is in my clinic setting compared to in a hospital setting, or any big gathering - because I see folks one-on-one, and the treatments themselves decrease risk and increase immunity.

If folks aren’t feeling well - I’m dropping shipping meds instead of having them come in.

Wash hands. Change sheets. Fumigate. The risks are very low in this kind of setting.

For everyone else - it’s essentially telemedicine. Many of my patients aren’t even here locally. So that’s zero risk.

The docs all appreciate it because their risks are higher and their medicine offers little to no prevention, and our medicine has a wider range of very specific prevention and treatment approaches. They want to stay healthy so they can help. I’ve been fortunate to be helping the helpers.

20. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Promote Oud!