Concrete

Discussion in 'General' started by MrK, Jul 14, 2019.

1. MrK

MrK Whats this Oud About?

Lets say we have a concrete of a flower... Would it be possible to dilute(i hope its the right name for it) this in Sandal oil? Like a Musk Amber maceration... If yes woudl it need filtering etc?

Second scenario :heating them up together and no filtering(possible?)

@powdernose last time u gave me alot of usual information so hope you dont mind im tagging you too..

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  2. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

Sure you can do this. The consistency might be funny - would depend on the ratio of concrete to sandalwood. You could make a “wet” concrete (mostly sandalwood) or disperse a small amount of concrete in the oil. I wonder - maybe melting would be necessary to get truly even blending. I am not sure what a dab of wax dissolved in sandalwood would look like, but I’d guess it would blend in pretty well.

MrK likes this.
  3. MrK

Hmm yes i was thinking bout heating them up together... Lets say 10gr Sandal 3 to 4 grams of concrete... Put it in a lab glass on very low hear stir it up but im not sure if heat effects the sandalwood oil

4. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

The sandalwood will not be significantly affected - I don’t think you’d need a very high temperature for a very long time. Sandalwood oil is an product of high temperature, so it should not be too shocked to be warmed up enough to melt concrete. Still, I would hesitate to use my best sandalwood for this.

5. MrK

Yes im not sure of wich Sandal also... It should be a soft one, i want to capture the scent of the florals... The same thing would be with Orris butter etc. Too i think? Same "logic"

Promote Oud!