Status
Not open for further replies.

Oudorous

Oud Beginner
Without having to offend recommended individuals, what I mean by my previous comment is someone who has expertice in Kynam (a store maybe that does lab testing as well). Opinion of individuals in my own understanding is nothing compare to a lab test.

EjayB's opinion is highly appreciated just as the opinion from a Kynam collector to whom I sent the same pieces of sample as EjayB's. Herewith attached is his opinion of the wood after testing it himself.

I also attached here the root of the same wood weighing 200+ grams where the fiber is much clearer.

PS: This wood is not for sale. Not until tested in Laboratory and authenticated by the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210729_083629.jpg
    Screenshot_20210729_083629.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20210726_115153.jpg
    IMG_20210726_115153.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 170

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Best to send it to Japanese companies and Chinese traders where there are buyers for this. If it is authentic, they will offer you a good price I’m sure. Taiwan is also a main centre for purchasing and evaluation.

Oudorous

Oud Beginner
Than
Best to send it to Japanese companies and Chinese traders where there are buyers for this. If it is authentic, they will offer you a good price I’m sure. Taiwan is also a main centre for purchasing and evaluation.
Thank you very much for your suggestion. It is truly appreciated.

Oudorous

Oud Beginner
A NOTE:
This is not addressed to anyone in particular!

1. If ever you doubt the person you are transacting with, then turn it down immediately. Do not play game. You are not only wasting the time or resources of that person but you are also wasting yours.

2. If you are not a Kynam expert, do not act like one just to get a sample of an item that is subject for virification. It makes you look like poor PETTY SAMPLE-COLLECTOR.

3. If you recieve a sample from someone and it arrives, at least say "Thank you". Especially if you receive it for FREE. Meaning, you didn't spend a single cent to having the sample. POLITENESS in any business venture is paramount.
If you don't like the sample, you still owe the person a simple gratitude. Consider the resources used by the sender. Remember that transacting abroad via shipment requires resources like money, time, effort, and risk. Oud from wild is strictly prohibited anywhere in the world. A simple "thank you" speaks volume of one's personality. Again, be POLITE. Further, in term of spending money, don't just think of the charge for shipment. Think of the expenses like fuel, food, and bribe to the staff in any courrier just for the item to arrive to its destination.

4. Any transaction made across our boarders from unknown person shall be accompannied by attachment like photos, videos, receipt and the likes. This is very-very important. Unless, you fully trust the person you are transacting with.

5. If you think you cannot afford an item sent to you as a sample, and if you really don't have the intention of buying it even if it turned out positive, then don't make any transaction. Be better honest.

6. Don't act expert when the truth is that you are NOT. Don't deceive yourself and your recepient.

AGAIN, this note is not addressed to anyone in particular.

God bless us all!

Last edited:

Mr.P

oud<3er
Enough already. You don't know what you ate talking about. If ejayb says it is not kyara, it is not kyara.

I don't think people are going to be lured by all of your "could it be kyara!?" bullshit and implications that your "find" is actually not just some fake or "crocodile gagaru" or whatever. Nice photos, but ejayb knows his stuff and you look like a fool getting arrogant when you dont get the answer you want.

Oudorous

Oud Beginner
Enough already. You don't know what you ate talking about. If ejayb says it is not kyara, it is not kyara.

I don't think people are going to be lured by all of your "could it be kyara!?" bullshit and implications that your "find" is actually not just some fake or "crocodile gagaru" or whatever. Nice photos, but ejayb knows his stuff and you look like a fool getting arrogant when you dont get the answer you want.
Let me remind you that the latest post was personal. The issue arises about "politness".

I am insinuating that the item could be kynam but never in my single statement in this thread, not even in any of my conversation with EjayB, did I CLAIM that this WOOD IS PROVEN KYNAM.

Obviously, you know nothing of the entire story because I didn't use "Kyara" in any of my statement. While "Kynam and Kyara" could be used interchangable, I believe there is difference in them.

I have already talked with EjayB regarding this issue and settled it peacefully.

Peace be with you brother!

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
With all due respect @Mr.P, smelling a few pieces of Kyara does not make one an expert and while I have the deepest respect for @EJayB, I think that people should not be so quick to judge another member - especially a new one at that. Someone has come onto the forum and asked a question about wood they own. Personally I think they are better off taking that wood to Japanese companies or Chinese traders who deal in Kyara everyday. We know that the oud industry is overrun with cheating and fraudsters, but that doesn't mean we have the right to treat a newcomer in this way.

The opinion of vendors here carries some weight, but it is not conclusive as we do not have dedicated Kyara traders here unless I am mistaken. Moreover there are many species of wood in jungles that probably have never been documented and classified. I think - as long as the person enquiring is not obviously trying to sell wood as Kyara without it being authenticated or derived from reliable sources - then we should just respond to their claims as best as we can and point them in the right direction as I did a couple of posts above. While keeping our eyes open and being aware and on guard, let's not chase people away in this manner because it is counter-productive and quite frankly rude.

Hakim

True Ouddict
First step should be to verify if the wood is from an agarwood tree or not before discussion about the possibility of it being kynam/kyara can be held. Have you sent samples of the branches and leaves of the source tree to reputable local flora experts?

Oudorous

Oud Beginner
First step should be to verify if the wood is from an agarwood tree or not before discussion about the possibility of it being kynam/kyara can be held. Have you sent samples of the branches and leaves of the source tree to reputable local flora experts?
Hello!

As mentioned in my main post, the wood was found lying on the ground with no leaves or fruit. It was a dead tree.

Bringing agarwood thing in local experts like botanist raises suspecion, as agarwood in my country is heavily protected. There have been several cases recently of apprehended individuals engaging into agarwood business in my country.

In my own research, and solely based on my own understanding, the wood I have is not agarwood. I have also consulted local hunters if it is agarwood, but they are sure with absolute certainty that IT IS NOT.

Last edited:

Oudorous

Oud Beginner
You can ask for help from Mr Tony Bolton. He is living in Vietnam. He is pro in Kynam
Thank you so much for the recommendation. I have already contacted someone in Vietnam and in Malaysia and sent them samples. They are also into Kynam and they have store in Dubai.

Modesty aside, I had received good feedback from them. And we are working forward to launching the product for pilot test purposes.

I have to thank everyone who participated in this thread and for contributing/sharing your knowledge especially for your recommendation. I have it depply appreciated.

Thank you again and God bless us all!

MrK

Oud Fanatic
With all due respect @Mr.P, smelling a few pieces of Kyara does not make one an expert and while I have the deepest respect for @EJayB, I think that people should not be so quick to judge another member - especially a new one at that. Someone has come onto the forum and asked a question about wood they own. Personally I think they are better off taking that wood to Japanese companies or Chinese traders who deal in Kyara everyday. We know that the oud industry is overrun with cheating and fraudsters, but that doesn't mean we have the right to treat a newcomer in this way.

The opinion of vendors here carries some weight, but it is not conclusive as we do not have dedicated Kyara traders here unless I am mistaken. Moreover there are many species of wood in jungles that probably have never been documented and classified. I think - as long as the person enquiring is not obviously trying to sell wood as Kyara without it being authenticated or derived from reliable sources - then we should just respond to their claims as best as we can and point them in the right direction as I did a couple of posts above. While keeping our eyes open and being aware and on guard, let's not chase people away in this manner because it is counter-productive and quite frankly rude.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Thank you so much for the recommendation. I have already contacted someone in Vietnam and in Malaysia and sent them samples. They are also into Kynam and they have store in Dubai.

Modesty aside, I had received good feedback from them. And we are working forward to launching the product for pilot test purposes.

I have to thank everyone who participated in this thread and for contributing/sharing your knowledge especially for your recommendation. I have it depply appreciated.

Thank you again and God bless us all!
Is it possible that contacts you have might see that this could easily be faked as Kinam since it looks so similar which is why they want to try and sell it to most likely unsuspecting buyers who don’t know any better? I’m not trying to make accusations but it’s a question I have now especially since initial noses that I trust said otherwise. This worries me as someone who could potentially purchase something like this expecting it to be one thing and then being completely let down. MOST markets circulate bunk wood so what guarantee do we have this is authentic and how many sources verified?

Is it possible that contacts you have might see that this could easily be faked as Kinam since it looks so similar which is why they want to try and sell it to most likely unsuspecting buyers who don’t know any better? I’m not trying to make accusations but it’s a question I have now especially since initial noses that I trust said otherwise. This worries me as someone who could potentially purchase something like this expecting it to be one thing and then being completely let down. MOST markets circulate bunk wood so what guarantee do we have this is authentic and how many sources verified?
This makes me think, that the wood should be judged on two factors, the species (wether it is Kinam) and the scent (wether it smells good or not).

zahir

Ouducation Student
I would trust something called Kynam as being true Kynam only if someone who has the authority to identify & classify Kynam said so. Nothing short of that will do. Not for something which goes for $$$$ per gram nowadays.

Oudorous

Oud Beginner
Fir
Hello there!
Let me make some correction and logical explaination of your worries and I hope you will take it with no offense:

First, You mean "nitial nose" NO 's' at that because I have sent a sample only to SINGLE person in this platform. Unless, the person to whom I sent the sample distributed it to others. If that be the case, they are very much welcome to comment in this thread their own assessment of the wood. It would be better if they can attach evidence that the sample they get, derived from the sample I have sent to that only single person I am referring to. It is important to note that I have not receieved a single photo of the sample I have sent AFTER it was received by my sample recepient.

Second, a potential buyer is surely wise enough to know the seller, their store, and their reputation before buying any item sold at costly price.
It is expected that a Kynam consumer knows the difference between a fake and an authenticated wood.

Third, a decent seller will not risk his integrity and reputation for a fake wood and allow the same to forever destroy his image.

Fourth, the wood will not be sold under my name for the obvious reason I have not established a reputation and connection in the oud industry.

Fifth, I have tapped the most credible or atleast known individuals who have good reputation and image in oud/Kynam industry to have the item tested and vouched for the same. I am 100% sure that most of you here knew these individuals (I am not going to reveal name yet).

Fifth, it will always be part of the policy in selling the item that if it is proven fake, a consumer is allowed to a full refund and may even take a legal action agains the seller. Ofcourse, any POTENTIAL buyer is advised to request for sample first before purchasing the item. Again, POTENTIAL buyer and not bogus buyers who are only after the sample.

Sixth, the item will be brought to a reputable Laboratory for testing. Once confirmed, only then the item will be OFFICIALY sold in the market. We are looking forward to it.

What I mean by my recent post of "pilot purposes" is that, the seller will give a very tiny portion of the wood to his regular costumers which is also for the promotion purposes of the wood.

I hope this give clarification of how the wood will be officially sold in the market once confirmed.

God bless us all!

Last edited:

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
Fir
Hello there!
Let me make some correction and logical explaination of your worries and I hope you will take it with no offense:

First, You mean "nitial nose" NO 's' at that because I have sent a sample only to SINGLE person in this platform. Unless, the person to whom I sent the sample distributed it to others. If that be the case, they are very much welcome to comment in this thread their own assessment of the wood. It would be better if they can attach evidence that the sample they get, derived from the sample I have sent to that only single person I am referring to. It is important to note that I have not receieved a single photo of the sample I have sent AFTER it was received by my sample recepient.

Second, a potential buyer is surely wise enough to know the seller, their store, and their reputation before buying any item sold at costly price.
It is expected that a Kynam consumer knows the difference between a fake and an authenticated wood.

Third, a decent seller will not risk his integrity and reputation for a fake wood and allow the same to forever destroy his image.

Fourth, the wood will not be sold under my name for the obvious reason I have not established a reputation and connection in the oud industry.

Fifth, I have tapped the most credible or atleast known individuals who have good reputation and image in oud/Kynam industry to have the item tested and vouched for the same. I am 100% sure that most of you here knew these individuals (I am not going to reveal name yet).

Fifth, it will always be part of the policy in selling the item that if it is proven fake, a consumer is allowed to a full refund and may even take a legal action agains the seller. Ofcourse, any POTENTIAL buyer is advised to request for sample first before purchasing the item. Again, POTENTIAL buyer and not bogus buyers who are only after the sample.

Sixth, the item will be brought to a reputable Laboratory for testing. Once confirmed, only then the item will be OFFICIALY sold in the market. We are looking forward to it.

What I mean by my recent post of "pilot purposes" is that, the seller will give a very tiny portion of the wood to his regular costumers which is also for the promotion purposes of the wood.

I hope this give clarification of how the wood will be officially sold in the market once confirmed.

God bless us all!
Who is this seller then so we can know the validity of their business.

Oudorous

Oud Beginner
Who is this seller then so we can know the validity of their business.
I am sorry that it is confidential yet. Unless you are a Kynam consumer and you buy one of his kynam product, he might be generous to give you a sample. Are you a Kynam consumer brother?

Don't worry, once it is officially sold in the market, I might post it here where it can be availed.

I hope you understand the confidentiality between supplier and seller. As I have said, it is not OFFICIALLY available in the market yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.