• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Cultivated Kinam

EJayB

True Ouddict
2FFAADFD-86FD-4DE7-BDDA-6D2AAE693B8F.jpeg
SOLD oUT of sinking
603C5785-5CE3-4505-87E4-BA12C6F9FC16.jpeg
362CB0F4-798B-4CA4-A45E-EA4553D6AA77.jpeg
Selling cultivated kinam!
It comes in 3 forms ,
Shavings $3g
Non sinking chips $10g
Sinking bits ( small black pieces)$35g
Supply is limited and is regularly restocked as the farm is able .
The shavings are honestly very nice smelling and by selling these nice smelling shavings I am able to off set the cost of distilling the oil and that will translate into a better price!
The non sinking is the best value and in greatest supply, sinking is very limited but more is currently being cleaned.
Please DM for more details
Sold out on the sinking

Last edited:

Mr.P

Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist
Good stuff... $3/g for the shavings!? Be great for making chipped mixtures.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I shall be keeping this on tabs EJ...but until this parcel business calms down a bit....I shall hold off on a purchase.....
Nice work....

Mr.P

Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist
I'm burning the $10/g stuff now. Really nice scent for the price I have to say.

First wafts are literally floral, almost lily like but of course wrapped around an oudy core.

Then it's bitter-sweet smooth sinensis.

Cutting with a small saw, the wood dust clumps up - classic glutinous resin which I believe is a sign of kyara and of other types of kinam in general

I keep posting about it here but it would be crazy not to even at risk of getting a little repetitive. Nice long smooth burn, great for low to medium temperature. If I burn it low-voltage I will get a nice cloud of kyara type fragrance. Turning up by a volt after a half hour gives a second wave, similar but a little spicier almost vaguely Malaysian vibe (?) maybe? Third wave is more than edgy and spicy but still nice. I tend to not incinerate the residual darkened chips...

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
View attachment 15703 View attachment 15704 View attachment 15705 Selling cultivated kinam!
It comes in 3 forms ,
Shavings $3g
Non sinking chips $10g
Sinking bits ( small black pieces)$35g
Supply is limited and is regularly restocked as the farm is able .
The shavings are honestly very nice smelling and by selling these nice smelling shavings I am able to off set the cost of distilling the oil and that will translate into a better price!
The non sinking is the best value and in greatest supply, sinking is very limited but more is currently being cleaned.
Please DM for more details

:eek:

KodoKing

True Ouddict
Huge shout out to @EJayB! He and I were able to do a little swap for some of our favorite woods and I have to say that the Cultivated Kinam was pleasantly surprising. I'll admit that I have been a bit of a purist when it comes to woods - I typically prefer ultra high grade, wild woods due to their natural depth and complexity. When he told me that he was sending the Kinam, I was intrigued and eager to try it out - I had heard a lot of good feedback previously but honestly couldn't imagine how it could possibly stack up to genuine kinam. Its important to call out that my collection consists of genuine Black, White and Green Kinam as well as various 'Kinam' grade woods from regions such as Borneo, Brunei, China, Cambodia and Hindi.

The Bitter, Green Kinamic properties of this wood are incredible - its visual aesthetic and feel suggest sinensis with robust oil content and good resonation throughout the grain structure. Once heated, this wood is no doubt Kinamic and shares the heating characteristics of genuine kinam - it thrives in low temps and offers incredible scent progression for a longer than average heating session - similarly to that of genuine green kinam. Scent characteristics are bitter, medicinal green, florals with hints of vanillic undertones - quite pleasant.

It is my understanding that it is grown organically and thus would be good in tea, to eat, or smoke.

For the price, this is a no brainer - and a great introductory wood for anyone who has not yet had the pleasure of trying genuine Kyara. All pricing aside, this wood belongs in any Oud connoisseur's collection as a staple and is great for daily burning.

The level of passion I've seen from Ed has been incredible - after getting to know him, I have no doubt that he is vetting the quality and is actively engaged with the cultivated kinam community in search of the highest quality offerings for the Ouddict community.

Parag Pandit

Oud Beginner
@EJayB
Can i still get a sample of Cultivated Kinam?
I am in US.
I'd like to procure 10g of the $10 grade or 30g of $3 grade approx. for the scent and experience.

Please point me where to go to place an order.

Thank you!