Azaad

Oud Fanatic
All my reviews will be simple and in plain English, ill cover a few things off which i find relevant and hopefully will try not to waffle on too long. My reviews are primarily aimed at newbies and people not familiar with Oud so please bear that in mind.

This is a new Oud for me, I am primarily a Hindi / Cambodi guy, when this came up i remember thinking is this really Oud.

I've been smelling it on and off for about 6-7 months now, my initial thoughts were its crap. Like i said i'm a a traditional Oud guy.

Lately I have come to the conclusion that its more than what I though it was. And it definitely has lovers for it maybe just not me. Many of you guys will be thinking im off my head for suggesting I thought it was crap. It's not a typical Oud smell. Zero funk, zero barn, its fresh, clean, incense, ever so slight mint, wet.... perhaps a bit too wet?

Envisage being in a jungle when it’s raining, you can smell the dampness in the air, the fresh scent, the lush green. Then somebody lights up a sweet Oud chip, dense with resin. You don't get the wood smell when its burning, you get lovely incense, smoke, sweet mint, green, slightly floral and all that enveloped in wet / damp. That to me is Port Moresby.

If you applied it and stood next to a person not acquainted with Oud, I dont think you would offend them. You might get neutral comments or wow what is that smell comments. Whereas if you applied a Hindi or Cambodi you tend to get a WTF is that comment.

Fragrance rating 4/5 simply because i can see why someone would like this.

Longevity is hard to say, I have never applied it. However I have rubbed the top of the dip stick on my wrist. It projects very very well even when closed.

Price @ approx $2200 now for a 3ml, and thats only if you get multiple samples and build up a bottle....
Im going to say 2/5, no Oud to me is worth $2000+. Its my review and I am entitled to my own opinion. If you cant afford it, dont rob a bank just to experience it. You may be left disappointed.

I have never smelt anything like this either so i dont know what i can recommend as a cheaper substitute.

If you're rich, buy it, its a new experience.

I dont know how this feels on the skin, what i have found is simply take the top off, leave the dipstick in and rub it on your wrist. EO products more often than not transmit the fragrance through the plastic. Maybe others do as well, but i find EO products do it better.

Marketing, bit hit and miss, if you dont know what Kyara LTD smells like, you definitely wont know what this will smell like, the marketing is loosely based on riding the Kyara LTD horse and joining the Port Moresby carriage to it.

Last edited: